YEEEAAHH AND BOOOH!

Posted by Morbid 
YEEEAAHH AND BOOOH!
Date: March 05, 2003 09:52AM
Posted by: Morbid
Sorry for the capslock, but I do it so rarely, and I think it was justified.

The national tv network in Denmark has sold its rights to show F1 races. It has been bought by Viasat. The bad thing is that this is a private commercial network, and that means lots of commercial breaks. (booh)

The good thing is, that I get to see the time trials on friday and the quals on saturdays. I have not had that for a year (ever since RTL became a pay to view service, oh where did you go Krombacher and Krombacher alkoholfrei? *sniff*).

No more sitting like a madman in front of the pc holding gods knows what in one hand, and the other hand cramming the mouse, hitting the refresh button on F1-live.com, during quals and time trials! No more trying to convince Vader to do real-time commentary on the quals through MSN messenger. No more, being super-jealous when ppl comment here on this and that fantastic qual lap or stupido move. I am free! I can watch it too!!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Re: YEEEAAHH AND BOOOH!
Date: March 05, 2003 09:55AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Forget the "BOOOH!" bit, commercial breaks are not that bad. Get on and enjoy the excitement of the new qualifying sessions! :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 05, 2003 10:10AM
Posted by: bigears
Well commerical breaks are not too bad as you can pop over to make a cuppa or for a piss.

But it was pretty useful last year as most of the races was a bit boring so the breaks can give me a break then watch the race again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: March 05, 2003 10:21AM
Posted by: Pooky
holding what in the other hand!! actually dont answer!

by the way, f1-live.com refreshes every 20 seconds auto.

and u should have gone on [fosagold.org]

so u can see whats happening on there tv screens

Date: March 05, 2003 11:16AM
Posted by: Vader
Here in Germany RTL is not pay-per-view

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 05, 2003 11:46AM
Posted by: Zcott
I switch over to RTL during the ITV breaks on my satellite receiver. It's only bad when there are breaks in both at the same time!

Date: March 05, 2003 11:53AM
Posted by: CMJH69
Add breaks dont usually bother me, like bigears said it gives the perfect chance for toilet breaks!

Date: March 05, 2003 01:08PM
Posted by: Morbid
Yeah, perhaps I should soften up on the commercial breaks. But I just always have that nagging feeling that something very thrilling is going on, while some jerk is chatting away about how good cheeseburgers are at McD, or why I should use the new Extra strong Ajax Minerals with superduperoids.

RTL isn't pay per view here either, but there is only one cable TV provider. The building I live in has the medium package with 32 channels. However RTL was moved new years eve 2001/2002 to the deluxe package. I not gonna pay 80

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 05, 2003 01:52PM
Don't worry, I hate adverts too.

Date: March 05, 2003 02:12PM
morbid, dont worry anymore about the ads, we can see the f1 ads where the driver gets out and spin around!

i know wot u mean tho, the ads take the jimmy riddle.

especially when u have woken up at a god awful hour and r lieing in bed trying to stay awake, waiting for what seems like 2 hours which in reality is only a 3 minute ad break.

the ones that really get my ps muscle pumping are the ad breaks at the end of the race so we miss how the driver reacts when he is entering park ferme and when the press conferences are cut short or cut suddenly.

Date: March 05, 2003 02:34PM
Posted by: _Alex_
even if the are at 4.00 am

At least they're not at 3:00am! You get an extra hours sleep before you have to wake up :P

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 05, 2003 03:09PM
No, 4am means you have to stay up longer! :P

Date: March 05, 2003 06:00PM
Posted by: marcl
All i can say about the breaks are that they really make me angry people who say they do not mind them must not be true fans, a true fan wants to every min of every race.

I wish people would stop saying they do not mind them, one day u are gonna miss some thing then moan about them, like when DH overtook MS due to the ad we missed it and many other things. Alex u were prob happy we missed MS getting overtaken by DH in an arrows
Date: March 05, 2003 11:39PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
I blink every now and then when I'm watching the races, I guess that means I don't really like F1?

Date: March 06, 2003 12:32AM
marcl what a dum thing to say.

so because none of us can attend every race we r not true fans?

Date: March 06, 2003 04:02AM
Posted by: Ellis
I hate breaks (altho not in the way marcl does!)

In Nurburgring 1997 we missed the two top cars retiring at the same time cos ITV decided to take a break :@

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 06, 2003 04:33AM
Posted by: marcl
I think what i said came across the wrong way, if u add up all the add breaks u miss about 20mins maybe more of each race and i do not find this acceptable. When u see 2 cars racing and they say right we are going for a break i get so angry.

Last year they could have missed JPM and Kimi racing I just think F1 is better without the breaks am just so upset about losing the Sky coverage and having to go back to ITVS attempt at showing F1 which in the passed I have not rated, they do not even show all the interviews at the end of the race.
Date: March 06, 2003 04:57AM
Posted by: MViper
Hm.. a little of topic but anyway.. Is there any Live Internet F1 Coverage? So we could watch practice and friday and early saturday driving through internet?

I'm from Slovenia, here we have a couple of TV stations live through internet..

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: March 06, 2003 05:28AM
Posted by: Ellis
F1 Live (http://www.f1-live) gives u live updates on the site, with times and stuff, and short commentary at the bottom of the screen, but no pictures

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 06, 2003 07:04AM
the fosa website has a tv on it, and shows live tv pivtures but uploaded every 2 seconds.

other websites have live commentary in the form of writing.

it is the international formula one supporters website

[fosagold.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy