Testing

Posted by marcl 
Testing
Date: February 28, 2003 12:14PM
Posted by: marcl
I was reading the testing results from Spain today.

Luca crashed the new Ferrari, how come he has driven it and Rubins has not.

Williams were fastest and Mclaren were a bit slower. The new Williams still has a lot of work as the Mclaren was not the 2003 one just the updated one
Re: Testing
Date: February 28, 2003 12:15PM
Posted by: Ellis
Luca crashed the new Ferrari, how come he has driven it and Rubins has not.

Luca crashed it? Well the mechanics will have to get used to rebuilding cars with Massa as the new test driver!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 28, 2003 12:29PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
LoL Dave!!

Date: February 28, 2003 02:06PM
Posted by: bigears
Also according to the BBC that the Williams broke the lap record at Jerez.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: February 28, 2003 02:17PM
Posted by: stevewaller
Probably running on fumes to get the lap record!!

Steve

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jenson Button and BAR..........Watch them fly in 2004
Date: February 28, 2003 02:21PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Just thought, Monaco will be interesting with the new refuelling rules! Everyone will run on very light fuel loads in qualifying to try and get a high grid place, and then there'll be a massive flurry of pitstops in the opening few laps, and whoever gets the pitstop just right will leapfrog loads of cars! With the lack of overtaking opportunities, it will be really quite exciting (never thought I'd hear myself say that!).

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 28, 2003 02:43PM
Posted by: CMJH69
Thats very true Alex, Monaco will be exciting for once.

Date: February 28, 2003 04:47PM
Posted by: LS.
no it won't, if the ferrari is the class of the feild again this year, and both of them run in qualifying with the minimum fuel loads either MS of RBwill be first in ( probably due to MS's contract it will be him first) the pit crew will turn it round faster than any other teams ( barring a cross threaded wheelnut or problem with the refueling rig) then MS or RB will be back out in front

(yawn)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 28, 2003 05:10PM
Posted by: Ellis
no it won't, if the ferrari is the class of the feild again this year, and both of them run in qualifying with the minimum fuel loads either MS of RBwill be first in ( probably due to MS's contract it will be him first)

ahhhhhhh! But u see they cant swap the cars anymore, thats illegal! for definite now! it will be whoever gets to the pits first and Rubens has ever right to be there cos ferrari wont be able to tell himt to get out the way

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 01, 2003 03:37AM
Posted by: Pooky
ellis u r wrong so far. massa has done well and has not gone off the road yet.

Date: March 02, 2003 03:37AM
Posted by: marcl
Massa has gone well in testing and has been as fast in MS in a car he does not know, so what does this say about him.

I still think the Sauber last year was not a good car and he drove hard to get round the problems where NickH did not.

To be as fast as MS just shows that people can beat him and will in the same car if they are given a far chance.

I still think this year we will see MS having to fight other cars and not doing as well. I really have a feeling that when it comes to the end of the year MS will not be champ as I do not think he will risk moves like he used to as people would rather crash than let him past, i.e DC and JPM. Ralf on the other hand will drive out the way of him.
Date: March 02, 2003 04:58AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
testing times mean bullshit ;)

Date: March 02, 2003 05:59AM
Posted by: LS.
no it won't, if the ferrari is the class of the feild again this year, and both of them run in qualifying with the minimum fuel loads either MS of RBwill be first in ( probably due to MS's contract it will be him first)

ahhhhhhh! But u see they cant swap the cars anymore, thats illegal! for definite now! it will be whoever gets to the pits first and Rubens has ever right to be there cos ferrari wont be able to tell himt to get out the way

i did'nt mean swapping cars, i meant that the team will probably call in MS first because of his contract and the fact that ferrari want MS to win at all costs

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 02, 2003 06:15AM
Posted by: _Alex_
i did'nt mean swapping cars, i meant that the team will probably call in MS first because of his contract and the fact that ferrari want MS to win at all costs

It's only the same situation that occured at BAR. Villeneuve has always had a priority over his team mates. The spare car was Villeneuve's, no question. Difference is, there's a good reason and justification for Schumacher having the number one status at Ferrari.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy