Alex's Silverstone testing photos

Posted by _Alex_ 
Alex's Silverstone testing photos
Date: February 28, 2003 11:24AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Just got the prints back, so I thought I'd share the best of them with you! I'm not using particularly high tech equipment so it's hardly Schlegelmilch quality! And please excuse the catch-fencing that is in the foreground of many of the shots, it couldn't really be helped!

Instead of packing the thread full of large pictures, I've put thumbnails in so just click on the pic to see them. Obviously, to fit them on my webspace, I've had to reduce the quality and size a bit, but hopefully they're ok... enjoy!

Check out my testing shots and British GP movies from last year at my website: [homepage.ntlworld.com] :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Re: Alex's Silverstone testing photos
Date: February 28, 2003 12:04PM
Posted by: kit-kat

alex

how much does it cost ££££ to get into silvestone to watch testing?
you must stay close then i take it
are the roads any better now?
Date: February 28, 2003 12:16PM
Posted by: Ellis
for testing it is free, and the roads in silverstone would be easy for testing :P

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 28, 2003 12:29PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
great pics as usual al!

Btw wot sort of camera do you have, as ill be taking some pics at this years german rally ;)

Date: February 28, 2003 01:17PM
Thanks, Chris! My camera is a Konica Z-up 110 Super...

It's cheap (relatively) and cheerful, does the job!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 28, 2003 09:16PM
Posted by: Zcott
Thanks for the photos, Alex! I also very appreciate your thumbnails! I'm sure that must have taken quite some time, but it's very much appreciated!

Date: February 28, 2003 10:37PM
Posted by: variante_ascari
coooooool!!! nice shots! hey, why didn't you load them in the screenshots thread? ;)

Date: March 01, 2003 12:04AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon

as u can see the renault is much faster

;)

Date: March 01, 2003 07:51AM
Posted by: Orpheus
:@ nah the jordan is lapping hime ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 01, 2003 07:51AM
thanks for the info alex, i have a crappy one ;)

Date: March 01, 2003 09:51AM
Posted by: CACTUSNIC
Top stuff

Date: March 02, 2003 10:09AM
Posted by: LS.
i'm going up to donington race museum on saturday armed with my mates digital camera ( £600 worth, and the image quality is really good)

so if your all good little boys i might show the real life grandprix legend cars and the williams, mclarens and the new jaguar that are in there

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 03, 2003 10:05AM
Posted by: tux
yay :) :P

Date: March 03, 2003 10:19AM
There's an interesting new section of track built at Woodcote which I photographed:

It's a chicane, not altogether disimilar from the Woodcote chicane of years past (although this is actually proper track), and from the rubber layed down, you can clearly see it's been used for some races. There's also a new "mini Luffield" which has been built on the inside of the Luffield (you can see it in one or two of the above photos), which joins onto this new complex. Does anyone know which categories are using it? BTCC? Formula Ford? Or are the FIA getting some disturbing ideas j/k

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 03, 2003 11:55AM
Posted by: Vader

It's a new trinangular highspeed oval for Champ cars - at least for Mini-Champs :)

Btw, great pics, _Alex_. If I should go to one of the GPs in Germany, I will try to get a digital camera first and post some pictures here, too.

Post Edited (03-03-03 18:58)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 03, 2003 12:17PM
LMAO vader!!!! but surely your version is a bit fast? they have to put a chicane in there somewhere...

Date: March 03, 2003 12:29PM
Posted by: Vader
Not necessarily, since this oval is for CART. However, if CART (or IRL) was run by the FIA, all ovals would have chicanes - the same would go for dragster tracks, ski jumps and bowling alleys. ;)

Post Edited (03-03-03 19:30)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 03, 2003 12:41PM
Posted by: Orpheus
lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 03, 2003 05:20PM
Posted by: andrew_S
its actually a new pitlane entrance (the "mini luffield";) that i think is part of it too, theres no way you could use that for racing..... much to tight, and theres no feasable safe way to enter the pitlane from it, having said that i dont know what those lines are, certainly cant be racing or testing, as nothing goes on during the winter (when this has obviously been built)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: March 03, 2003 06:02PM
Posted by: CMJH69
Great pics Alex!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy