China will have to change their pit exit for sure

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
I canĀ“t see any problemwith the exit.

Re: China will have to change their pit exit for sure
Date: September 20, 2004 11:27PM
Posted by: andrew_S
suzuka? nothing beat adelade to end the season, imho, it had a great end of year feel to it.

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: September 21, 2004 12:26AM
Posted by: Duncan Idaho
I agree with you andrew.
Date: September 21, 2004 01:01AM
Posted by: matthewp
I prefer suzuka its a far better track IMO, a real drivers circuit.

Date: September 21, 2004 11:13AM
Posted by: Boils
sepang, bahrain, hockenhiem and shanghai are all the lasteset tracks, and all have provided a good race this year and the years since theyve been made, they are all purpose built modern F1 tracks and from a sim racer point of view, they are all fun to drive, they are all built by tilke and all look "micky mouse" but that doesnt stop them from being fun to drive and fun to watch.

u no like just because tyhey dont have hills? WTF!?
Date: September 21, 2004 02:28PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
sepang, bahrain, hockenhiem and shanghai are all the lasteset tracks, and all have provided a good race this year

they havent ever raced at Shanghai and Sepang wasnt exactly riviting

Amazingly Spa has produced the best race this year by miles and yet thats also a fantastic track

they should stop trying to fix the tracks and just fix the cars.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 21, 2004 03:42PM
Posted by: marcl
Spa has always been my fav race. I can not remember one boring race there.
Date: September 21, 2004 10:31PM
Posted by: Locke Cole
Spa was DEFINITELY the best race of the year :-)

Monza and Silverstone were good too... the REAL tracks yes. But Hockenheim was also a really good one, and over the years we have seen brilliant races at Sepang, A1-Ring and even Bahrain wasn't processional. Add a bit of scenery and it'd be quite decent.
Date: September 22, 2004 11:08AM
Posted by: chrislewis
I can not remember one boring race there.

2002 wasnt so good.

Spa was DEFINITELY the best race of the year

Personally I thought Monza has been the best this year. Mainly due to the lack of safety cars.

Date: September 22, 2004 11:15AM
lol dave, i knew someone would point out that we havnt raced at shanghai yet :)

sepang isnt "riviting" but its more entertaining then say imola

and spa shouldnt be compared to... its a fantastic historic circuit that im glad is still drivable onable :) by modern day F1's

2002 was an ok race, Jv had a great battle with fisi :)

Date: September 22, 2004 12:58PM
sepang isnt "riviting" but its more entertaining then say imola

Putting nails in ur head is more exciting than the modern Imola

Anyway, todays Imola suffers from the same crapness that Sepang and Bahrain suffer from. If they left Imola the way it was in 1994 (altho the new Aqua Minerali is cool) then it wud still be an excellent track

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 22, 2004 04:01PM
Posted by: andrew_S
i really dont see a problem with imola myself, but everyone goes on that imola was better "in the day" so to speek, but really, whats different about it? a flat corner, that in todays cars would be easy flat, in top gear, the drivers could do it 1 handed, and 2 more micky mouse chicanes to replace the current 2 at tamburello!

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: September 22, 2004 05:44PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Still, you could carry on great speed, which is always more exciting. Not to mention it could allow for some overtaking. It looks like a silly track today. The old one was nice, especially with that aura it had... challenging track, surrounded by green (nice trees :)), and sweet cars.
Date: September 22, 2004 05:45PM
Posted by: Muks_C
they could get rid off the Tamburello and Villeneuve chicanes, but leave the 'new' Acque Minerali' and it might be slightly better.

they might get a good run from the last chicane all the way to Tosa, and possibly overtake.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 23, 2004 12:03PM
yeah but if it (imola) was left as it was, not only was it too dangerous but they would be doing bloody 45 sec laps or something ridiculous.
Date: September 23, 2004 12:06PM
i really dont see a problem with imola myself, but everyone goes on that imola was better "in the day" so to speek, but really, whats different about it? a flat corner, that in todays cars would be easy flat, in top gear, the drivers could do it 1 handed, and 2 more micky mouse chicanes to replace the current 2 at tamburello!

The new kerbs are the problems. They require an excellent car to ride them, and this makes it more of a car track than a driver track, which is bad thing

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 23, 2004 04:07PM
Posted by: Locke Cole
90% of the drivers like the Tamburello chicane, it's the Villeneuve complex that's the problem... what does it achieve? Other than to make sure cars can't overtake into Tosa.

The run down the hill into, and out of, Rivazza, really require more length, but due to the positioning of the track geographically, it's not possible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy