Surley a record!

Posted by chet 
Re: Surley a record!
Date: September 16, 2004 06:54PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
for the record eclap i am not a ferrai fan or ms fan. however i am a realsit and what i saw at monza was pretty darn good from ferrari. even button said.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: September 16, 2004 07:05PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Well rapid that was monza...where ferrari had tested and it being Italy and all they were bound to be fast there than anywhere else that was expected just as it was expected at Imola.

Mclaren have the advantagemore (as theyve done for many years) round twisty tracks.

Date: September 16, 2004 07:27PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
i agree, if anyone will beat ferrari, i reckon kimi, but that doesnt mean it wont be a tough challenge

Date: September 16, 2004 07:38PM
im not saying that kimi cant beat ms, im sure he can. but others had tested at monza too and what has "it being italy" got to do with it? a car doesnt gain 20bhp just bcos its racing where it was built. anyway i was just responding to the charrge "of course you wouldn't since you're a Schumacher fan" which i most certainly am not,

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: September 16, 2004 08:04PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
1. Sato BAR-Honda 1:17.397 82
2. Raikkonen McLaren-Mercedes 1:17.400 94
3. Villeneuve Renault 1:17.433 66
4. Gene Williams-BMW 1:17.813 88
5. Trulli Toyota 1:17.911 83
6. Davidson BAR-Honda 1:17.960 71
7. de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes 1:18.401 93
8. Montagny Renault 1:19.140 88
9. Briscoe Toyota 1:19.147 84
10. Bernoldi BAR-Honda 1:21.351 11

Villeneuve 1.3 seconds faster than his time yesterday, 1 tenth off todays best, and 4 tenths faster than Alonsos time yesterday

Thats bloody good

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 16, 2004 08:12PM
wow remarkable! i somehow wish he was joining renault for 2005 and he can show what he can do in a competitve car. unlike the sauber. still we shud have 3 v good races with jack this year. i bet peter sauber has asked jack to learn everything he can about reanults "launch control"!

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: September 16, 2004 08:14PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Its not Jack its Jacques, hes not from bloody Jack and the beanstalk :P

Date: September 16, 2004 08:20PM
i bloody know! whats with you today man? having a go all the time? i couldnt be bothered writing jacques so i shortened it.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: September 16, 2004 08:29PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Jack Newtown would be his equivalent English name.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 16, 2004 08:32PM
Posted by: reutemann
Take it easy with the Villeneuve hype, Alonso was on full fuel load yesterday, always making long runs for tyre testing (110 laps). Villeneuve was with 8 laps fuel more or less. Anyway I hope he gets it right in time for Shangai. (But Alonso will kick his culo).
Date: September 16, 2004 10:18PM
Posted by: chet
JV will kick Alonso's ass! Hes more focused and motivated than ever! He will triumph and add to the short list of names who have beaten Shumi this year

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 17, 2004 02:08AM
Posted by: matthewp
Take it easy with the Villeneuve hype,

what Villeneuve hype, Dave said "thats bloody good" wow calm down man bit over the top!!

Jack Newtown would be his equivalent English name.

remember in Grand prix manager 2 (1996 season) and some other games, the second williams driver was John Newhouse (think thats the right name, no doubt someone will correct me if its not :P )

Date: September 17, 2004 09:23AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
matthewp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> remember in Grand prix manager 2 (1996 season) and
> some other games, the second williams driver was
> John Newhouse (think thats the right name, no
> doubt someone will correct me if its not :P )

yeah i remember that! wasnt that something to do with having to be registerd with the FIA or something?

Date: September 17, 2004 10:28AM
Posted by: marcl
I remember it was in the sony games as well on the PS1. It was due to JV agreement and they could not use his name
Date: September 17, 2004 11:47AM
Posted by: edenhead
I thought it was something to do with Villeneuve moving from indycars where the indycar owners still owned the right to use his name in any games/merchandise they wanted, and when he moved to F1 the FIA would have needed permission from whoever it is in the US to use his name, hence the substitute name was used.
Date: September 17, 2004 12:38PM
Posted by: eclap
rapid_f1

you can't just say, that you can't see a mclaren win because of the pace of ferraris in monza... Look at the pace of mclarens in Spa, see what I mean???

Anyway, I think Jacques will do well, he's a very good driver and in a renault F1 car he will be fast, that's for sure... Hopefully it will make for an interesting race in Shanghai...

go Kimi go, go, go!!!
Date: September 17, 2004 01:10PM
Posted by: vesuvius
You cant say anything about Mclaren's performace in monza because Kimi didn't drive to the end off the race. He could have won the race and he could have been with one stop strategy.
Date: September 17, 2004 02:01PM
The pace of kimi in Monza would have won him the race he was on a 1 stop and keeping up just with the people in front of him.

Mclaren will win in Japan and Brazil.

I have a feeling JV will win in China dont know why just do
Date: September 17, 2004 03:04PM
Posted by: Muks_C
in F1 '97 on PS1, JVs name was Williams Driverone.

and (i think) it was on some early pc F1 game (might have been GP) wasn't Rubens' name Bummachello or something?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 17, 2004 03:08PM
YEs thats a point and senna could not be used in some games due to being under contract to Sega
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy