SAUBER SIGN VILLENEUVE

Posted by Palomino 
Re: SAUBER SIGN VILLENEUVE
Date: September 16, 2004 08:43PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
so they might keep Massa as number 12 for marketing purposes.

Move Massa to #11, have all the merchandise reprinted for both drivers and sell more

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 16, 2004 10:01PM
Posted by: johnace
im happy jv is back and i hope he does well but i dont think he will want the number 12 on his car because he hates being compared to his dad!

Date: September 16, 2004 10:09PM
Posted by: theShadow
it means that the fans dont have to buy a new cap etc for no reason

I think the point is to keep the fans buying more caps etc. - they might change it for that reason alone! ;)
I'm happy to see Jacques back even if it just to finish his career like Jean Alesi or Johnny Herbert - running mid-pack scratching for the odd point. Of course he got used to that at BAR. If he did get another shot at a good car he's still a Indy 500/CART/F1 champ and could go toe to toe with the best. And hopefully keep it on the track.

Date: September 17, 2004 02:59PM
Posted by: Muks_C
poor Button fans who will have to re-buy all their stuff next year if he goes to williams.

and JV might not like to have the number his dad had so he doesn't get compared all the time, or he might like to have it to pay tribute to him.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 18, 2004 09:41AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
sauber, is he really gunna be happy there?

maybe he has a deal with renault for 06 already :P
Date: September 18, 2004 01:14PM
Posted by: Zcott
Apparently his Sauber contract is for two years....but if I was JV, I'd have negotiated a get-out clause after one year.

Date: September 18, 2004 01:20PM
Posted by: b-tone
fisichella's was 2 years too. i'd say he has the "i'm off if a better team comes along" clause

____
Tony

Date: September 19, 2004 04:27AM
Posted by: Guimengo
It is funny to see how everyone still mentions crap about Sauber being mini-Ferrari. Complete bullshit. And no, it doesn't mean Sauber will be a top notch car for having the engine. Did anyone ever hear of aerodynamics?! And there are more things to the car than that... at least next year Sauber will be able to enjoy their improvements to the car due to their wind tunnel, and perhaps producing better parts than what they have, and even a better gearbox.
About all this "now Schumi will get his butt kicked" talk, I can only feel a bit mad, especially after reading things like this for the millionth time.

Jacques will not beat Schumacher, since Schumi is still the best driver. He won't be blocking him on blue flags either, JV is a professional. Also, he won't be giving away positions, neither him or Massa. It is not that I wouldn't want Ferrari or Schumacher to be beaten, because I really do, at least Michael. I would love to see Jacques back in the front, winning again.

And about his number, I wouldn't doubt it will be 12, unless Jacques has a word with Peter about it, which I think won't be the case.
Date: September 19, 2004 12:47PM
Complete bullshit.

No, its not.

Did anyone ever hear of aerodynamics?!

Yes, and thats why people say the Sauber is a mini-Ferrari.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 19, 2004 01:07PM
Posted by: johnace
yeah havent they got ferraris last years aero package?

Date: September 19, 2004 01:16PM
Posted by: sasjag
officially "no" they havent

but many ppl doubt that

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 19, 2004 03:09PM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
officially "no" but the answer is "yes"
Date: September 19, 2004 05:09PM
Well they even have the little radioator bumps in the exact same place on the side pods, and have the bumps on the rear flick ups

The chances of sauber happening to design the same Aero package as Ferrari is about a million to 1

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 19, 2004 05:50PM
anyone with eyes can see that the sauber is basically the F2003-GA but with '04 mods.

but whether this is just copying or something more sinister going on is debatable. its is clearly a ferrari-influenced car.

and this year they have the ferrari engine and gearbox and therefore rear suspension too, but next year they will only have the engine, they are meaking their own gearboxes.

Date: September 20, 2004 05:12PM
Posted by: marcl
We all know the sauber this year was last years ferrari.

But just like in 1994 nothing can be proven
Date: September 20, 2004 05:33PM
well we don't 'know' this years sauber is last years ferrari.

its just speculation, and you're right, its not proven, so nothing can be done.

maybe theres nothing to prove?

Date: September 21, 2004 11:36AM
Posted by: Boils
Im pretty sure that when JV won either Formula atlantic or Champcar championships, cant remember wich one, his car was number 27

ill find out for sure if any one doesnt beleive me...
im just saying that JV doesnt mind running a certain number, just doesnt like being compared to his father....
Date: September 21, 2004 12:03PM
He did indeed drive the #27 in CART

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 21, 2004 01:56PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

ahh the ol Forsythe/Green team :D

Date: September 21, 2004 02:36PM
Posted by: marcl
I remember that really bad crash JV had when he spun on an oval and a car hit him side on he was very lucky that day
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy