Buttons gives reasons for switching to Williams

Posted by Boils 
Buttons gives reasons for switching to Williams
Date: September 07, 2004 11:03AM
Posted by: Boils
possibly old news to some of you.

Jenson Button has confirmed that his decision to leave BAR and join BMW Williams next season was because of unhappiness over contract differences including bonus payments.

The Englishman is in the middle of a tug-of-war between BAR and Williams over his future services after both teams claimed to have binding contracts with him for 2005.

Button wants to drive for Williams in 2005 and believes the Contract Recognition Board (CRB) will allow him to leave BAR and feels Williams' pedigree at the top of the sport is sure to bring him closer to his World Championship dream. However, he admitted his unhappiness at BAR initially convinced him to look elsewhere.

Button and BAR boss David Richards suffered a disagreement over bonus payments at the end of last season, which has yet to be resolved. In his first press conference on the subject since news of his Williams move broke, Button revealed all was not well between him and Richards well before his surprise summer switch.

"There are many issues, that [bonuses] is one of them, I'm not going to say exactly what it is," Button said. "Contractually we had some differences, we had some issues. That was at the end of 2003. It hasn't been resolved. One of the reasons why I want to move on is because I am not 100 percent happy at the team, and one of the reasons I've not been happy is that there are issues with the contract. We've tried to resolve them but to no avail."

Button, who began his Formula One career with Williams in 2000, feels sure his move back to Grove will be rubber-stamped by the CRB over the next three weeks. However he has not been impressed with Richards' claims that BAR have first call on his services.

"I don't understand why he is saying that because we are pretty sure I am going to be racing for BMW Williams next year," Button continued. "I think the CRB will understand our position and we will be there next year. I wouldn't be going through all of this if I didn't think it was possible. It's never 100 percent certain but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be with BMW Williams next year."

"I would rather it had been a lot easier, I don't really like the way it has been handled at all. It's not a nice position to be in. We had an agreement to be with BAR for two years, I honoured that agreement and I think I did a good job. I think I have been a big bonus for the team. I'm sure they'll have a good year next year but for me I need to move on and be with a team that can challenge for the championship over the next two years. I'd rather it was a much more simple move and we hadn't got into such a big argument about it."

interesting....
some of the people who made comments about JV and him getting fired because he wanted to much money, wouldnt take a pay cut etc etc.
should have a quite think to yourselfs about this...

he had problems with dave richards that caused him problems within the team and his owbn moral and was fired in ridiculous circumstances... this kinda proves what Richards is like.. and makes button look a bit greedy actually.... but having said that, SUX @#$%& DR! your little baby has left you! cant wait for next year the racing between the new williams boys is going to be INSANE!!!
Re: Buttons gives reasons for switching to Williams
Date: September 07, 2004 12:28PM
Posted by: Buck Rogers
I can't understand the fuss actually. If Button thinks it's better to move to Williams, why not? It's not because B.A.R. has improved a lot this year, that they will certainly be better next year. And I don't think he'll break a contract or something, there must have been a whole to jump out of it.
Date: September 07, 2004 02:00PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Button's a twat.
Date: September 07, 2004 02:16PM
Posted by: Covfan
How is he a twat? What foundation do you have for that?
Date: September 07, 2004 03:37PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I think he's a twat. I base this on the observation that every time I see comments made by him it's all me, me ,me. 'I have to think of MY future.' 'The set-up I chose' and then when the performance is not there, 'The tyre choice made by the TEAM'; and he sits too high in the car to ever be cool!

Baseless I know, but you asked.....oh and did I mention he's Britians 'next great hope.'?

Date: September 07, 2004 03:47PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
I would say for now it´s the only britain great hope
Date: September 07, 2004 05:30PM
Posted by: Imran
Watch out..next year will be DC's year so heel be the next great hope
Date: September 07, 2004 05:54PM
Posted by: andrew_S
Razorsedge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think he's a twat. I base this on the
> observation that every time I see comments made by
> him it's all me, me ,me. 'I have to think of MY
> future.' 'The set-up I chose' and then when the
> performance is not there, 'The tyre choice made by
> the TEAM'; and he sits too high in the car to ever
> be cool!
>
> Baseless I know, but you asked.....oh and did I
> mention he's Britians 'next great hope.'?
>
>

erm, right, thats a slightly debatable excuse, highly i might say, a driver talks about himself, so you hate him, he answers questions about his race, and his future, hmm and britains next great hope? so you hate him? wtf is that about?

jensons belgian comments, sounds ok to me..

I got a bad start when I was hit by Pizzonia and went wide and into the back of Massa at turn one. I lost my front wing and had to pit at the end of the first lap. After that, the car was running reasonably well, we had a good fuel load and I felt pretty pleased with the balance of car. Towards the end of my race I felt that I had a problem on the rear and then the tyre let go, so I am very disappointed as we were confident that we would have been on the podium with our strategy. We now look forward to testing again in Monza next week and maintaining our challenge against Renault at the next race.

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2004 05:55PM by andrew_S.
Date: September 07, 2004 06:53PM
Posted by: marcl
There are 3 different stories going around at the moment one in the papers one on f1-live and another on ITV. 2 say its bonus money from last year 1 says its nothing to do with money
Date: September 07, 2004 07:42PM
Posted by: chet
Razorsedge Wrote:
> I think he's a twat. I base this on the
> observation that every time I see comments made by
> him it's all me, me ,me. 'I have to think of MY
> future.' 'The set-up I chose' and then when the
> performance is not there, 'The tyre choice made by
> the TEAM'; and he sits too high in the car to ever
> be cool!
>
> Baseless I know, but you asked.....oh and did I
> mention he's Britians 'next great hope.'?
>
>

Thats F1! THINK ABOUT YOURSELF, you think MS got his 7 titles by considering others? NO! Thats life!

The reason BARs concract in invalid is becuase they agreed to pay perf money and havent, therefore there is now no contract!

Im sure youd do the same!
Date: September 07, 2004 07:49PM
Posted by: mad otter

YES, OK THEN... weve been hearing this every year...

*COUGH*[www.thescuderia.net]*COUGH*

and Button is a twat, none of his reason should make a difference. F1 SHOULD be about being a gentlemen and if you are gonna move teams you should do it a bit better than what he has done...

he has lost all respect from me, and im sure lots more from the other brits.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Date: September 07, 2004 07:55PM
Posted by: The Lopper

If DC doesn't make that speech next year, he might actually win.

Personally, i think he's made the wrong decision in joining Williams, not only are they in a slump at the mo, but next year he is gonna have to fight to be No1 in the team against Webber. At BAR he appears to be de facto No1, no matter how well Sato performs

No doubt eventually Frank Williams will kick Button out as contoversially as he came on board, just like Hill, Mansell.

Date: September 07, 2004 07:56PM
and Button is a twat, none of his reason should make a difference. F1 SHOULD be about being a gentlemen and if you are gonna move teams you should do it a bit better than what he has done...

he has lost all respect from me, and im sure lots more from the other brits.

thats ironic, you know why the contract recognitions board was setup?

it was setup when a certain micheal schumacher upped ship and went to benetton

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2004 07:58PM by andrew_S.
Date: September 07, 2004 08:06PM
Posted by: mad otter
Andrew_s... GET OFF THE (anti*)SCHUMACHER BAND WAGON

*added by Iain.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Date: September 07, 2004 08:17PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
for @#$%& sake Mad otter how come when ever i see you post its always causing an argument or moaning about something.

Button isnt the only twat. and i dont mean F1.

@Andrew_s great point. Goes from a winning team to a mediorce team and brings them up throught the ransk (with help from Ross Brawn etc).

Date: September 07, 2004 08:17PM
No know one moaned when MS just dumped Jordan and went to benetton lolol. And is MS done this no one would be saying a bloody thing would they?

Just cause button is looking after no1 he has done the wrong thing.

I also thought he has made a mistake but if u look at things Williams have got better and so have mclaren this year but BAR have stayed the same. They were only really in that position cause williams and mclaren messed up their cars big time. So he must know stuff we do not.
Date: September 07, 2004 08:32PM
Posted by: The Lopper
They were only really in that position cause williams and mclaren messed up their cars big time.

What? Has it occurred to you that maybe, just possibly, BAR did a good job this year?
Date: September 07, 2004 08:50PM
mad otter Wrote:
> Andrew_s... GET OFF THE (anti*)SCHUMACHER BAND
> WAGON
>
> *added by Iain.
>
> ____________________________
>
>
>
> AMD 64 3400 - 1024mb PC3200 GeiL Golden Dragon -
> Sapphire X800 Pro 256mb - XP Pro

im not at all, im stating a fact, you are an ardent fan of schumacher, yet it was schumachers actions which caused the CRB to be setup, and his move from jordan, that was exactly the same as buttons to williams, im only pointing that out, in the context of your POV, im not being anti schumacher.

Date: September 07, 2004 08:53PM
Posted by: Imran
yes BAR did a good job.wheras williams and maclaren did a bad one.
although from the last race it can be fair to say that williams and mclaren are currently faster than BAR. with Jenson Button setting only the 10th fastest race lap

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2004 08:53PM by Imran.
Date: September 07, 2004 09:08PM
Yes BAR have done a great job this year am not saying they have not but mclaren have over taken the lot of them now and williams have been better in the last 2 races as well
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy