Ralf fails fitness test

Posted by Pooky 
Ralf fails fitness test
Date: August 31, 2004 07:45PM
Posted by: Pooky
Ralf Schumacher fails fitness test
Tue 31 Aug, 6:28 PM

LONDON (Reuters) - Williams driver Ralf Schumacher has failed a fitness test and will not be allowed to make his Formula One return in testing at Monza, his team says.

German Schumacher has been sidelined since fracturing his back in a high-speed crash in the United States Grand Prix at Indianapolis on June 20.

Advertisement
He had hoped to begin a three-day test run on Wednesday ready for next week's Italian Grand Prix.

"Ralf will not take part in the forthcoming Monza test and, as a consequence, the Italian Grand Prix," Williams said in a statement on Tuesday.

"His recuperation continues well and he is expected to test after the Italian Grand Prix. His position in Italy will again be filled by Antonio Pizzonia."

Pizzonia has replaced Schumacher in the last three races and after seventh places in Germany and Hungary he was denied a podium finish by a mechanical failure in Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix.

The German, who will drive for Toyota next season, has missed the last five grands prix and watched brother Michael wrap up a seventh drivers' title in Belgium.

Mario Theissen, the motorsport director of Williams' engine partners BMW, said after the Belgian Grand Prix: "I talked to him (Ralf) on Friday, he was very positive, he wants to get back in the car."

Spanish test driver Marc Gene deputised for Schumacher in the French and British Grands Prix without scoring, before Brazilian Pizzonia took his place.

Former world champions Williams are a disappointing fourth in the constructors' championship with 54 points behind Ferrari, Renault and BAR.

Re: Ralf fails fitness test
Date: August 31, 2004 07:48PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
tbh great news, pizzonia drove very well in spa :)
Date: August 31, 2004 07:50PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Might as well get Ralf out of the car for the rest of the season now. 3 flyaways left, and he will need a race or two to readjust to being out of the car so long. Let Pizzonia keep trying - he has a future to sort, while Ralf is sorted already

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 31, 2004 07:55PM
Posted by: Pooky
i agree
Date: August 31, 2004 07:56PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Same here, there really is little point in Ralf getting back into things this late in the season.
Date: August 31, 2004 08:00PM
Posted by: BigD
apart from to provide us with some amusing crashes, there isnt any point.

Go on Pizzaboy!!!
Date: August 31, 2004 08:08PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
we have montoya for that , there is no need for 2 race-crashers :)
Date: August 31, 2004 08:34PM
Posted by: BigD
Monty is only doing it in Shuntmakers absense. Ralf is the king! As least he will be further down the grid now, with more cars around him to crash into!
Date: September 01, 2004 12:33AM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Quite funny if Pizzonia ended up back at Jag

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: September 01, 2004 12:33AM
Posted by: Vader
RTL reported that Ralf had to postbone his comeback NOT because of failed medical tests, but because of insurrance issues. The insurrance company insists on the 12 week break the F1 statutes stipulates after a major shunt. The company says that Ralf's crash at Indy was major and if he raced before the 12 weeks were over he would be without insurance coverage.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 01, 2004 01:29AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
why do rtl always say something different to the rest of the world? alsways a different view. who do they think they are?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: September 01, 2004 01:31AM
The ones who talked to Ralf Schumacher live - and the ones with the best F1 covergae worldwide. (162 hours liove this season - that is 9 hours live per race weekend).

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2004 01:33AM by Vader.
Date: September 01, 2004 01:35AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
they can keep schumacher. we dont wanna hear him. martin brundle tried to get a quick word with him at spa before the race and he said no. i dont care if he has a contract or no. and about the best coverage, before james allen the prat, we had the best. with murray and martin.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: September 01, 2004 09:59AM
How do you know you had the best? In the mid 90s RTL won the "Best F1 covergae award 4 or 5 times in a row. Have you seen the German coverage? I have seen the UK coverage many times (yes, even with Murray) so I can compare things.

As it looks quite a few drivers have contracts with TV stations. Button does not talk to RTL, so he might have a contract with ITV for grid interviews.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 01, 2004 10:11AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
ive always wanted to get rtl's coverage over here, but i never knew how to go about doing it (then getting the commentry from five live or something). ive always read that its got the best coverage, with the best tv feeds, etc.
Date: September 01, 2004 10:25AM
The TV feeds are the same since all TV stations get the same feed on races/qualies/practice. It's just the amount of interviews, analysis and other stuff that makes RTL outstanding - apart from commentator Heiko Wa

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2004 10:26AM by Vader.
Date: September 01, 2004 10:37AM
Posted by: b-tone
rtl's coverage is great.
i get that and finlands mtv which is a bit poor.
rtl go all day long with other races, talking to people, and niki lauda is always in the background meeting, greeting, cell phone talking, and occasionally joining his co-commentator in talking about f1.

theres only 2 downsides. 1, its in german (which is understandable), and 2 they translate over everything as it happens which is .. not good.

btw - anyone see the 70's f1 show on dsf last nite? what was it? made by neville hay it hink

____
Tony

Date: September 01, 2004 10:41AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
:S oh rite... maybe it was a few years ago they had better feeds or something (i remember reading about it once)
Date: September 01, 2004 10:49AM
Posted by: MViper
Vader: Heiko Wa

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2004 10:49AM by MViper.
Date: September 01, 2004 11:26AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
:S oh rite... maybe it was a few years ago they had better feeds or something (i remember reading about it once

Feeds are the same. They are provided by the circuit. Different feeds were here a few years ago for Digital F1, but then it was Digital F1 feed, and the rest of the world feed

DigitalF1 rocked. That was miles better than ITV could ever hope for. Put Martin Brundle on the commentary team and hat would be it sorted

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2004 11:26AM by DaveEllis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy