Belgian Grand Prix - Francorchamps *expect spoilers*

Posted by dreams come trulli 
Vader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I still don't believe it will really happen.

the engineers will find a way to bend the rules they always do,but mr mosely is pretty set on slowing them down.

Re: Belgian Grand Prix - Francorchamps *expect spoilers*
Date: August 28, 2004 06:29PM
Posted by: Vader
Yes, but I still don't think Mosley will get his V8 rule through. At least not for 2005 since most teams have already started to woirk on their 2005 cars.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 28, 2004 06:55PM
Posted by: BigD
i dont think anything major will go through now anyway. they may as well keep the regulations for 05 and concentrate, from now, on finding the best solution for 06 really. You've gotta wonder whether any large changes will just be rushed and then found to be the wrong solution.

I would like to see a return to the days of the mid 90's, but the trouble is, you cant 'uninvent' technology.
Date: August 28, 2004 07:14PM
Posted by: marcl
i bet ferrari dont want a return to the 90's lol they could not makes cars then lol.

It is bad now that they are only 7 secs off the pace on a wet track
Date: August 28, 2004 07:33PM
Posted by: BigD
i did hear that ferrari were trying to sell all their stock of f310s from 96 to various armies around the world....
whats the odds of another trulli win this year?

Date: August 28, 2004 09:00PM
Posted by: LS.
The Ferrari's will be too fast tomorrow for trulli to get his second victory, i expect that trulli will lead in to turn 1 and Alonso will get the jump on schumacher with the renaults awesome launch control system

Wether or not we will see michael defend his position by forcing alonso across the track in a dangerous manoevre remains to be seen

Mainly because michael has enjoyed so much of a dominant position he's not been seriously challenged at a race start for ages and not put under any pressure

be interesting though, like the old adage.............a leopard never changes it spots :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 28, 2004 09:02PM
Trulli did a bit of a gamble and used intermediates on his qually lap because it was a bit dryer when it was his turn. This might turn out to be bad for the race if it rains more and he has to start on intermediates.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2004 01:26AM by Vader.
surely you dont need to start on the same tyres for the race as qualy? if its dry tomorrow then everyones on the wrong tyre!

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: August 28, 2004 09:10PM
If the qually session officially is a dry session you may change the tyres if the race officially is a wet race and vice versa. Since this qually officially was a wet session Trulli won't be allowed to change tyres before the race in case of heavy rains tomorrow. Starting in Spa on intermediates under monsoon conditions is not very funny.

Trulli would only be allowed to change tyres before the race if Charlie Whiting officially declared it a dry race. In that case all drivers would be allowed to change and Ferrari would eat 'em all up and smile.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2004 09:11PM by Vader.
The helicopter thing has been around for years, I think even practice sessions in the 70s were delayed because of it. And running a practice session in Spa without choppers is like....Vyvian from the young ones with Lead Poisoning.

But i do agree with Ellis that f1 is way too concerned about safety, to the point sometimes where they make everything more dangerous by chucking in chicanes when thye feel like it. F1, Safer than sex.

After todays quali, my regard for Webber has shot up. We'll see how he does tomorrow before i do anything rash though.
well i hope someone crashes into schumi, he breaks his leg and rubens wins every remaining race to be declared champ.

only joking i dont wish that. schumi has been deserved champhion this year.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
They are allowed to make changes for safety reasons tho. Brazil 2003 they allowed the cars setups to be totally changed because asking the drivers to start on a soaked track in a dry setup car was too dangerous. If they have any brains they will allow trulli to change tyres and not send him out into what really is almost a certain accident

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
If they have any brains they will allow trulli to change tyres and not send him out into what really is almost a certain accident

*Cough* 98, *Cough* No Safety Car *Cough* Start

If it is a monsoon tomorrow then they probably will have a safety car. If it is a monsoon tomorrow then i am also suggesting a Jordan victory. A bit hopeful perhaps, but the 98 nostalgia is running high.
And Brazil 03 - same conditions. And remember Sepang 2001 - they were running high there for a while....though not on merit if I remember correctly. :(

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
hey wont let trulli start on dangerous tyres, but it will be intresting to see what ms does to alonso, ans if alonso gets into 2nd how slow will he go? hopefully he'll get thru and let jarno run away

____
Tony

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it is a monsoon tomorrow then they probably
will have a safety car. If it is a monsoon
tomorrow then i am also suggesting a Jordan
victory. A bit hopeful perhaps, but the 98
nostalgia is running high.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And Brazil 03 - same conditions.

A Jordan win? that'd be cool, unlikely, yes, but it would definitely rock.

i agree on F1 being to safe these days. I no that my view is perhaps tarred by not watching Senna's accident (Well i have seen a video) or being around where people where getting injured left right and centre (my first recolletion of an injury was Olivier Panis, Montreal, 1997)

I also think that the cars are to easy to drive in modern day F1,how many times do you see a driver spin out of a race due to a driving error. This season we have had few retirements full stop, but having f1 as a procession does get boring but if u no the drivers are having to hang on it would no doubt improve viewing figures as well

Quote of The Week: "Rearrange these words: Fuk and Off. No Sorry, Off, Fuk" (Attrib: Me)

Music Track of the week: Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
Date: August 29, 2004 01:29AM
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If they have any brains
> they will allow trulli to change tyres and not
> send him out into what really is almost a certain
> accident
>

If they do so I fear they will move Trulli back ten places or let him start from the pits - and Trulli can't really complain about that. He knew that he was playing tyre poker, he knew the rules and he knew the consequences.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
If they do so I fear they will move Trulli back ten places or let him start from the pits - and Trulli can't really complain about that. He knew that he was playing tyre poker, he knew the rules and he knew the consequences.

Why would they move him back? They allowed the field to change tyres in Brazil for safety reasons. Not allowing trulli to do so would be hypocritical

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy