ITV - Oz Qualifying not live??????

Posted by Ellis 
Re: ITV - Oz Qualifying not live??????
Date: February 14, 2003 12:05PM
Posted by: LS.
but still that nullifys your coment of look what ITV have done to football since they took it off the bbc etc

where did i say that itv have done a better job with the football since bbc lost the rights to show it?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 14, 2003 02:38PM
Posted by: andrew_S
you say that the bbc would do a better job if they took the rights off ITV, but whats to say going by that way of thinking that ch4 or ch5 could'nt do a better job than ITV after seeing what they've done with the format?

personally i think that sky would be the only people to do a better job

look at how they have made football a massive success since they took it off the BBC

you say if F1 went back to the BBC then it would be different, well part of the fact that F1 went to ITV was that itv made a presentation to bernie ecclestone and showed them what they were going to do with F1 and that clinched it, not the money offered on the table

:)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: February 14, 2003 02:44PM
firstly all of that refers to F1 between ITV and BBC

secondly the quote look at how they have made football a massive success since they took it off the BBC refers to sky

but still that nullifys your coment of look what ITV have done to football since they took it off the bbc etc

so again where did i say that itv have done better than BBC since they landed the football contract?

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 14, 2003 04:07PM
Posted by: andrew_S
ok, fair enough i misread :)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: February 14, 2003 04:39PM
np :)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 14, 2003 06:13PM
Posted by: Ellis
ITV haven't comfirmed TV times for Qualifying yet because the FIA still haven't decided if qualifying will start at 1 or 2 PM local time.

they better show it live!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 16, 2003 03:16PM
Posted by: Casper
If Channel Ten Australia, do choose to show the Friday qualifying live, all the housewives will kick up a stink because they won't show Jerry Springer or Beauty and the Beast. SBS should cover the parts Ten can't show, like Ch 9 did with the cricket a while back, that way no other shows will be displaced well except for that hypercolored weather diagram with the elevator backing track.

Post Edited (02-16-03 23:05)

[akiro3.com]
------------
'That was a major, major sausage.' - Barry Sheene
Date: February 16, 2003 03:38PM
Posted by: bigears
Great! Bloody great!

ITV gave us adverts during race now they got doubts about not broadcasting qualifying!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: February 17, 2003 08:25AM
Posted by: Covfan
I will put my life on ITV showing Quals live.
Date: February 17, 2003 08:28AM
Posted by: rayg
You don't value your life very much then! ;-)
Date: February 17, 2003 09:07AM
Posted by: Pooky
i think that they will show it live. they just have not decided when to air it or if the qualy times are set in stone yet by the fia.

they have shown it live for the last number of years so there is no reason to not show it live.

i dont mind if they show the whole of qualifying at a delayed time. that would be ok as we would see what we see watching it live. i just dont want to see a shortened version of qualy.

Date: February 17, 2003 03:57PM
Posted by: Casper
ITV will probably delay it as older people are more likely to write letters about Coronation St. being delayed. Maybe they might even form a pressure group, Coronation for the Nation. Though maybe ITV is just trying to make more money out of the sponsors and car manufacturers by starting nasty rumours, so advertisers push a bit more cash their way to keep it live.
Date: February 17, 2003 07:45PM
Posted by: CMJH69
Casper wrote:

> ITV will probably delay it as older people are more likely to
> write letters about Coronation St. being delayed. Maybe they
> might even form a pressure group, Coronation for the
> Nation
. Though maybe ITV is just trying to make more money
> out of the sponsors and car manufacturers by starting nasty
> rumours, so advertisers push a bit more cash their way to keep
> it live.

Agreed! LMAO at Coronation for the Nation

Date: February 18, 2003 01:50AM
Why would they delay quals if it happens at night. Caspar, please think of the sides of the argument before critising ITV.

F1 = 2M
Corrie = 18M

It would be an idiotic television station to replace a show viewed by 18M for a 2M show.
Date: February 18, 2003 02:14AM
Also on Sunday the Second of March we have the F1 Preview. From 2:30PM to 3:30PM on ITV1
Date: February 18, 2003 04:13AM
Don't worry, to reasure you I found this [www.imaginationatwork.com]
Date: February 18, 2003 05:16PM
Posted by: Vader
German TV (RTL) has commercial breaks. One every 20 minutes, so we miss a few laps during each break as well. Recently they have started to show one or two breaks in split screen, so you can watch the race in a tiny little window at the top left of the screen without sound.

The first thing I do when the break is over, is to look if I can spot one or both the of the McLarens with a smoking engine on the grass. This usually happens during the break, especially when they had been in the lead before the break.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 18, 2003 06:23PM
Posted by: Zcott
Nice job with the chequered flag, Covfan. That was truly inspiring watching the creation of contemporary modern art. Abstract painting at it's finest!

Date: February 18, 2003 06:43PM
Posted by: stevewaller
LOL Covfan

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jenson Button and BAR..........Watch them fly in 2004
Date: February 19, 2003 03:01AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Nice job with the chequered flag, Covfan. That was truly inspiring watching the creation of contemporary modern art. Abstract painting at it's finest!

LOL! I just love the way he gives up half way through when he realises it isn't quite going to plan :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy