James Allen! DEAD BORING

James Allen! DEAD BORING
Date: August 15, 2004 10:21PM
Posted by: Michaelschumacherisnumber1
I wish ITV would bloody well get rid of James Allen. He is so boring to listen to. Bring Back Murray Walker for guest appearances.
Re: James Allen! DEAD BORING
Date: August 15, 2004 10:35PM
Posted by: spoonsey71
agreed.. boring and so un knowledgeable in my opinion.. he thinks we are all idiots im sure
we see lets say montoya go flying off the track or overtake someone and then 5 mins later he may say something about it
he even at the begining of a race tries to do a murray impersoantion.. and its go go go
sorry james your a w****r
martin brundle so aften has to correct him about stuff its unbelievable how much james does not know
i think id even preffer ted kravitz compared to that allen person

There's a Kid Called hope
And He's Holding Out His Hand
He See's The Northern Light
Above This highrise Land
Oh Jungleland
Date: August 15, 2004 10:38PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
I don't understand why Mark Blundell was commentating instead of Alan McNish. McNish is much better.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: August 15, 2004 10:42PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Could be worse, anyone remember how boring, Jonathan Palmer was, now that was painful to listen to.
Date: August 15, 2004 10:43PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Mcnish was racing at Silverstone for the LMES.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: August 15, 2004 10:43PM
Posted by: bestobritish
lol he didnt say go go go he said GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! but yes i agree he is very boring eveyr race start is the same! Mark Blundell was shocking 2day he made a very boring "race" even worse they should have got a decent x-racer in there

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: August 15, 2004 11:05PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Blundell did a good job in the circumstances - the problem was that you could tell the lack of chemistry between the commentators.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 15, 2004 11:06PM
Posted by: The Lopper
You lot should listen to RT
Date: August 15, 2004 11:30PM
Posted by: MarcLister
@ Red Sam - I agree. I like Blundell doing his chats with Jim, but Mark and James just didn't gel today! Brundle and Blundell might be good together. Two ex-F1 drivers, and they would probably get on better than Mark and James.

One thing that made me laugh, watching both 2nd Qual and the Race today is that everytime Blundell mentioned graining, James asked him to explain what it was. I heard James ask Mark to do that in 2nd Qual and the race!! Don't think people will have forgotten overnight. I can understand that some people might only watch the race, but still. It was as if James was testing his co-commentator to see how good he was!
Date: August 15, 2004 11:33PM
When Mark misidentified Klien in the pits, James was right down his throat!

RedSam

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 16, 2004 12:01AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
james is a prat! forget usama, hunt down james allen.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: August 16, 2004 12:24AM
Posted by: MarcLister
@ Red Sam - Again, I agree! As if James has never done that and had Martin correct him!
Date: August 16, 2004 02:11AM
And, you could only see the rear wing, and James only started to correct Mark when the caption came up with Kliens name on! ;)

RedSam

Date: August 16, 2004 08:30AM
Posted by: G_Force
What was Allen going on about when he started talking about Lance Armstrong being called "the cannibal"!? (and comparing him to Michael) For the life of me i can never recall Armstrong being referred to as 'the cannibal', Eddie Mercx on the other hand definately was...
Seems to me like james trying to regurgitate something he'd been told and getting it completely wrong, either that or he really is just thick.

The problem with Blundell is that he doesnt seem to have the voice of a good commentator - that dull monotone english accent just seems to induce sleep.

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Homer Simpson: "Well i would like to live long enough to see the effects of global warming, cos i've got an inside line that its all a load of crap"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2004 08:31AM by G_Force.
Date: August 16, 2004 01:29PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
IIRC he said the Italian media called Armstrong 'the cannibal' and are now starting to refer to Schumacher as the same. So if you don't read the Italian papers and such then you might not have seen it i suppose.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 16, 2004 02:15PM
Posted by: chet
Such a crap made even craper by crapy crap commentators!

Mcnish was very good, and made no mistkes. Also at least Brunndle can speak tech issuess and stuff, and is clever!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 16, 2004 02:35PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Brundle is great IMO. Easily the best of the whole ITV crew. The rest of them are pretty crap usually, especially James and Jim.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 16, 2004 03:07PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Blundell just sounded like he was really bored doing it, thus i was bored listening to him :)

If there was no one else they should have gotten Tony Jardine to do it rather than Blundell, he as a great commentator in the olden days, especially on the 1989 review.

Date: August 16, 2004 04:21PM
No i think they made the right decision. A former F1 driver is a must for the second commentry position.

I remember Blundell commentating once with Murray, and he did a good job. So lets go what comes easiest to all of us, and blame James!;)

RedSam

Date: August 16, 2004 04:30PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
That isn't Tony Jardine on my 89 review! :-o

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy