whats the point?

Posted by mad otter 
Re: whats the point?
Date: August 23, 2004 01:05AM
Posted by: The Lopper
I don't blame Schumacher for what he did in 1994, tbh. His car was damaged beyond repair, Hill was about to go by and win a championship he didn't really deserve, i'm not surprised he rammed him.
But in 1997, it was definately wrong.
Date: August 23, 2004 01:38AM
Posted by: Oleg
F1 is really boring when the discussion turns into "Schumacher-a beauty or a beast"©by some F1 pundit that already had such an article.
Date: August 23, 2004 03:28PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I don't blame Schumacher for what he did in 1994, tbh. His car was damaged beyond repair, Hill was about to go by and win a championship he didn't really deserve, i'm not surprised he rammed him.

I dont think Hill deserved it on out right driving either, but its not always the one who deserves it who gets it. After Michael did what he did, i dont think he deserved it either. Taking out another car to win becaus he threw awau his own chances when he cracked and put the car in the wall?

Hill may have not deserved it on out right driving, but schumacher deserved it far less after the joke that was his 1994 season

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 23, 2004 04:18PM
Posted by: Muks_C
see i will always disagree with your views on adelaide '94. i say MS took the normal line into the corner, whether or not he knew hill was gonna go for the non-existant gap or not.

ok, after they hit, MS might have though that it actually worked out better than he could have imagined, but i don't think he pusposefully attempted to take hill out.

jerez '97 on the other hand was totally wrong on MS' part. everything could have been won or lost in 1 second, and his instincts/reactions told him to hit JV. i understand why he did it, but can never condone or defend it. but it should be understood that it was not premeditated, just a heat of the moment incident. i am sure i and many others would have done the same in the same situation given the circumstances.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 23, 2004 04:25PM
The better driver won.

There's nothing amusing about that.
Date: August 23, 2004 05:14PM
Posted by: sega
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> see i will always disagree with your views on
> adelaide '94. i say MS took the normal line into
> the corner, whether or not he knew hill was gonna
> go for the non-existant gap or not.
>
> ok, after they hit, MS might have though that it
> actually worked out better than he could have
> imagined, but i don't think he pusposefully
> attempted to take hill out.
>

[sarcasm]
Yes, probably he "didn't see" him.
Which I find more amazing is that after 10 years, He's still suffering those 'blockouts'. Remember Imola this year?

Or maybe he had just turned on the RVMD when Hill showed up
[/sarcasm]

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: August 23, 2004 05:19PM
Posted by: sega
-qwerty- Wrote:
> While I also hate the No1 status in ferrrari,
> having Rubens to back him up, it isnt even an
> isssue this year if you're honest - I mean I can't
> think of a single race where rubens has even been
> in a position to help michael, or where MS has
> been in a position where he's needed any help.
>
How about Japan 03 ?

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: August 23, 2004 05:42PM
Posted by: andrew_S
im sorry but he did see in adelade 94, he clearly looks in the mirror, his car was @#$%& he was wiggling all over the road, look at the thing under acceleration thats why he crused into the corner, he was crusing damon went up the inside (as you would in that situation) and he paid the price, schumacher knew exactly waht he was doing, watch the incident and examine the camber of the right rear wheel! its clear what he did and why

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 23, 2004 06:28PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah, you're right. the right rear wheel is well fooked.

after he hits the wall and comes back on track, he is looking in the right mirror, and keeps steering left and right, then hill appears in the gap.

but there really was no room for hill to go through, without cutting the corner, or MS pulling over on the left. unfortunately for hill, he went for it a bit too quickly, perhaps thinking it was his only opportunity to get passed, without knowing the extent of the damage to MS' car.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 23, 2004 08:11PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
-qwerty- Wrote:
> While I also hate the No1 status in ferrrari,
> having Rubens to back him up, it isnt even an
> isssue this year if you're honest - I mean I can't
> think of a single race where rubens has even been
> in a position to help michael, or where MS has
> been in a position where he's needed any help.
>
How about Japan 03 ?

This year mate :)

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 23, 2004 10:22PM
Oleg Wrote:
> The better driver won.
>
> There's nothing amusing about that.

The best man won by driving another guy off the road after making having a disgracfull year (for him and his team). The best man does not alwayys win and the best man does not always deserve to win. Whilst he drove better than Damon, he also done alot of things to prove he shouldnt have been allowed to keep the win at all

I agree with 100% with andy, it was a blatent attempt to remove damon so he could win. Both times Michael has been in that position, its ended the same way

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 23, 2004 10:39PM
Posted by: The Lopper
First of all Damon did not know schumi's car was damaged. He did not see the accident apparently, and that is why he went for the gap, he thought Schumacher had just ran wide.

Second of all, i was not saying he was right in doing what he did. I am just saying, i would not have been too hard on him for doing it. His car was fcuked, he was about to lose the championship, which he was leading despite being banned for two races. I don't care about his behaviour in Silverstone, or Benetton's in Spa. Hill was no angel in 1995. after all.

In Jerez however his car was fine, Villeneuve was the one who had been punished recently(lost two points in suzuka for a yellow flag incident) and arguably it was Jacques who deserved the championship more.

Date: August 23, 2004 11:32PM
Hill was no angel in 1995. after all.

Come on, lets be fair. Schumacher broke a rule that even Formula Ford drivers can obey, and then drove another car off the track, and Hill makes a mistake and hits schumacher, actaully HELPING schumacher since Hill was the only man who could mount a consistant challenege, and taking himself out as well as shcumacher just means he has less races to close the gap in

Second of all, i was not saying he was right in doing what he did. I am just saying, i would not have been too hard on him for doing it.

I dont think his car be @#$%& is an excuse not to be hard on him. It was delbrate, and it looks blatent to me

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 23, 2004 11:35PM
Posted by: Red Sam
IMO if the best man has to resort to tactics that have made F1 fans the world over question his motives for 10 years now, he probably wasnt the best man to win.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 24, 2004 12:05AM

These are 3 consecutive frames from the clip of the incident.

IMOit is impossible to prove that Schumacher was aware of Hill making the move up the inside before he was commited to the corner.

Date: August 24, 2004 12:09AM
IIRC, its the next few frames that are significant.

RedSam

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 24, 2004 12:15AM
Posted by: andrew_S
i think schumacher is totally aware of where hill is, note is car positioning, the angle of the car in relation to the straight, in each clip, also note the right rear wheel camber in shot 1, which could have something to do with it, but the squirling before hand has more relevence in relation to that

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 24, 2004 12:17AM
Also, Schu seems to be looking in the mirror in the third shot - i think he knows Hill is there....

RedSam

Date: August 24, 2004 12:34AM
oh he knows. The onboard shot shows it clearly. He definatly looks in the mirror.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 24, 2004 12:43AM
I have watched the video again, and i think he knows. He could have left the space and maintained the lead, but of course he knew he was out of the race.

Off the top of my head, maybe compare this with R.Schumacher and Sato at Bahrain this year - Schu on the outside, marginally ahead come the apex, but not leaving enough room.

Ralfs fault then, and Michaels fault in 94. Both stupid, but in the context of Adelaide 94, unforgivable.

As time went on, i forgave Schumacher - maybe it was a racing incident, i thought. Come Jerez 97 i wanted MS to win. Then it happened, and all of a sudden Adelaide was so obvious in my mind. Now i am older, i can look and see what i think is deliberate action by MS at that corner.

We see MS doing things now that immediately cause us to think back - is he being naughty again? Alonso at Silverstone for one, the Schumacher chop another.

It has blighted anything that MS does, in my eyes, and no amount of records, championships or anything will overcome that flaw in Michael Schumacher.

RedSam

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy