whats the point?

Posted by mad otter 
Re: whats the point?
Date: August 16, 2004 04:35PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
I think his helmet looks bloody good to be honest... but anyway where has there been any Ferrari bashing lately? In fact I think it's been BAR - Renault - Williams - Mclaren bashing, which is well deserved.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Re: FFS!!!!!!!!!!
Date: August 17, 2004 12:23AM
Posted by: Vader
rapid_f1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> *sighs*
>
> vader can you sort this clown out please...
>

No, simply because I actually agree. Cyring and complaining won't change it, as well as signing online petitions. In fact FIA gives a f*ck about us as long as the money comes in. All we could do is boycott F1 but this won't happen on a larger scale so nothing will change. Of course they would be nothing without us, but since nobody is really going to boycott F1 this point is irrelevant.

I am sick mylsef of reading threads "F1 is soooo boring" "if only MS wouldn'rt be there" or "most boring race ever". If you don't like it, don't watch it.

If people think this forum has become a slagging ground in general, the only way to change it is to stop slagging others. I think mad otter had a point here, so there was no need to slag him. Leave him (and Pooky) alone.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2004 12:25AM by Vader.
Date: August 17, 2004 12:43AM
Posted by: sasjag
Vader, i think rapid was refering to teh comment that was originally posted in the 2nd post by mad otter, which he then thougt better of and edited

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 17, 2004 12:45AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
mad otter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EDIT\\ *not even worth the trouble it will cause*

Dam right it bloody will because your own post was just as bad as the rest of this forum added up. Whinning about whinning and naming names? Not a great idea is it

People will stop complaining when F1 gets good. It is as simple as that. They require us to survive. If we dont whine about it, they will carry on like they are at the moment produing some of the most pathetic grand prixs in the history of motor sports

Just to show how bad F1 has become, at the recent Watkins Glen nascar event, Ron Fellows passed more drivers in one race than the rest of the F1 grid in every event this year. That REALLY says something about F1, more than anything else

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 17, 2004 12:59AM
Posted by: Vader
They require us to survive, that's true. However, since we never get enough people to boycott F1 our opnion doesn't count. There are enough people to spend their money to see even boring races or buy merchandize, play F1 games, etc.

As long as people keep watching and ticket sales and TV rates are okay nothing will change - even if we moan all day. Believe me, this is a big industry. They care about money and not about whining.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 17, 2004 01:04AM
and TV rates are okay nothing will change

Which is perfect right now since in 2002 the TV ratings dropped and Bernie wanted action taken, and after this year i have no doubt numbers are dropping again. Whilst the FIA doesnt listen, i dont subcribe to the view that Bernie doesnt care at all. Yes, he wants money, but his money comes from pleasing the fans, not just having just enough to make a healthy profit. The more the merrier if you like.

The new rules for next season are firm proof that they are actually trying to do something to help F1. We would have had an improved qualifying show if the F1 team boss's didnt arse around too much either

When asked about what they should do for qually, Toyota said something like "we dont care, ask the fans, they are the important ones"

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 17, 2004 01:06AM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Things I've learned about war from videogames: If you find yourself mortally wounded by an enemy sniper be sure to let him know that he is a faggot.

lmao!

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 17, 2004 10:57AM
Posted by: eclap
I hate the man because of what he did in 1994 and 1997, since then he's just a arrogant and non-sporty driver to me, no matter what he does... and he is overrated, last titles were all down to his car and the lameness of the other teams...
Date: August 17, 2004 11:59AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
@vader: sasjag is correct. i was referring to the 2nd post where he said something like dave and co dont you start and i didnt see a smiley so i thought that was inappropriate. also having a thread title as FFS then mentioning someones name like dave is not advisable. but at least he edited it.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: August 17, 2004 02:14PM
Posted by: Oleg
Ron Fellows is a Le Mans winner while a one-handed man would have no problem counting the number of good road racers in NASCAR.

Too bad Pruett and Said couldn't make it.
Date: August 17, 2004 02:41PM
Ron Fellows is a Le Mans winner while a one-handed man would have no problem counting the number of good road racers in NASCAR.

Jeff Gordon? Tony Stewart? Robby Gordon? Dale Earnhardt Jr? Jamie McMurray? Michael Waltrip? Jimmie Johnson? Casey Mears?

All are established road racers. Please dont underestimate the skills required to drive a nascar either

You also seemed to have totally missed the point of my post Oleg. It was not sday how good nascar was, but to show how much a problem F1 has

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2004 02:41PM by DaveEllis.
Date: August 17, 2004 03:28PM
Let's say that i have always respected the skills of NASCAR drivers.

But the spread in skill level on the road courses is too big.Most of the grid was easy pickings for Fellows.

Date: August 17, 2004 07:35PM
Once again you totally missed the point, congrads...

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 17, 2004 08:01PM
Posted by: mad otter
Dale Earnhardt Jr?

I was waiting for this... ;)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Date: August 17, 2004 08:54PM
Okey-dokey

F1 is F1 and NASCAR is NASCAR

You can't compare the two.

Date: August 17, 2004 10:14PM
i didnt compare them at all, you just read it like that. We can look at almost any form of motorsport and say it was has lots more passing than F1, i only used nascar because that was the most recent one that popped into my head.

F1 has a serious problem and simply saying "you cant compare them" doesnt suddenly get rid of it

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 18, 2004 06:15AM
Posted by: Morbid
Man this thread reeks of flamebaiting.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2004 06:16AM by Morbid.
Date: August 18, 2004 01:33PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
:/

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 18, 2004 11:44PM
Posted by: The Lopper
I think his helmet looks bloody good to be honest...

:):):):):)

Anyways, i am i right in hearing there are new proposals to do away with qualifying altogether? Instead, they will have celebrities draw a grid. Then they will run a sprint race on Saturday with this grid to determine the real grid.

If they do this, i will actually start watching rally driving rather than just saying i will. Honestly, why can't they leave the rules alone. It is wrong to punish the top team because they are doing the best job. When Schumi retires, we will find F1 is still kinda boring because they've tinkered so much with the damn rules.
Date: August 21, 2004 06:07PM
Posted by: Muks_C
eclap wrote:

I hate the man because of what he did in 1994 and 1997, since then he's just a arrogant and non-sporty driver to me, no matter what he does... and he is overrated, last titles were all down to his car and the lameness of the other teams...

--------------------------

so the lameness of other teams is MS' fault too?

and generally the best car has won every championship title, so you can't say MS only won the last few titles because of the car, because it can then be said that Mika only won because he had the best car, Jacques, Hill, Mansell, Senna and so on.

nobody is going to win the title in a minardi and be applauded as the driver winning through his own skill, despite his crap car.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy