Posted by The Lopper 
Jordan Engine Rumours
Date: August 15, 2004 06:15PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Eddie Jordan said he has something big in the pipeline for next year on RT
Re: Jordan Engine Rumours
Date: August 15, 2004 07:50PM
Posted by: Imran
isnt he being bought out by a a sheikh from dubai next year?
Date: August 15, 2004 09:36PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Last I heard was that Toyota will be supplying Jordan with engines as well as gearboxes next year.
Date: August 15, 2004 09:47PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Makes sense on Toyota's part. They know their engines and giving Jordan a gearbox would probably make any problems with the integration of the engine into next years cars less likely. Depending on the deal, if it happens, it could look bad for Toyota if their engines go bang, even in the back of someone elses car. What I mean by the deal is if Jordan are called Jordan Toyota, then in sponsor terms it is a Toyota, whereas Sauber run Petronas engines, even though they are really Ferraris. May sound silly, but I'm sure that Toyota would be concerned about their international sporting image if their engines matched the Mercedes of 04.

IF EJ pulls off this coup, then Jordan deserve all the best, they are a good team and could do with some good news.
Date: August 15, 2004 09:57PM
Posted by: Oleg
I'll go :-o if this actually happens.

Remember,he was supposed to "stuff" Sauber this year.;-)
Date: August 15, 2004 10:19PM
Posted by: b-tone
i'd think they'll rename them, but toyota in a toyota aint too flash, so i cant imagine putting it into a jordan will improve things too much. just a few years ago jordan almost won the championship :';(

____
Tony

Date: August 15, 2004 10:48PM
IF EJ can pull off a secon major coup and succeed in getting Mark Smith back into the fold then I think his aero expertise combined with the Toyota engine power could bring a much needed change in fortunes.
Date: August 15, 2004 10:51PM
Well, Toyota engines would be a big improvement on Fords, and i personally reckon that the Toyota engines are good, and that its the drivers that are letting them down. I had been hoping that some new company like VW or Volvo, or someone might make an entry, but it looks a bit late now, if a company was coming in it would have surely been already announced.

Really do hope its a good one, even with a customar engine, Jordan can be a force (1998,99, anyone?)
Date: August 15, 2004 10:54PM
Volvo F1, sounds pretty cool, I'd also like to see Chevrolet get a program on the go
Date: August 15, 2004 11:01PM
Dunno, i was thinkin that volvo should get in on it, dunno why. Chevrolet, hmmmm, would be good when an American team enters.
Date: August 15, 2004 11:03PM
Posted by: Red Sam
But Volvo are owned by Ford :/

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 15, 2004 11:07PM
Are they? God, never knew that. But now that you say it, it does make sense. Hmmm, looks like we'll have to go for VW so :)
Date: August 16, 2004 04:36AM
Posted by: gareth
What is GM's reluctance to get in F1? They've got Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall, Holden, Mazda (don't they?) plus any number of other high end brands that could happily sit in the back of an F1, so why not?

hell i think they even own daewoo.....
Date: August 16, 2004 04:45AM
Posted by: Red Sam
I could see a Minardi - Daewoo actually....

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 16, 2004 08:45AM
I know Ford owns Volvo (and Mazda too) but these would still make good badging options for customer engines, and GM have been looking to get into F1 for a while now, certainly teams like Jordan and Minardi could benefit from a "more engines than teams" scenario.
Date: August 18, 2004 01:13AM
Posted by: Traction
From what I remember of eddie's comments he told the rte boys that he would soon be making an important staff announcement.
Date: August 18, 2004 05:49PM
Funny, i don't remember that bit, must have dozed off, but all the same, there must be a different engine in the pipeline next year. I cannot see them sticking with Ford for another year.

By the way, how did you get to watch RT
Date: August 18, 2004 10:32PM
Yep, I'm from Cork boy!
Date: August 18, 2004 11:29PM
Aww jesus not another one :(

Heard ye had some severe flooding down there today.
Date: August 18, 2004 11:46PM
Twas fairly wet allright, the flooding was only in the city centre.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy