Posted by Dirty Harry 
Re: Did I just fall asleep?
Date: August 21, 2004 02:00AM
Posted by: The Lopper
OK, Haggy, you gotta stop doing this.
Date: August 21, 2004 02:06AM
Posted by: HaGGiS

I do ap[olgiose fdor tomoroow because im drunk and not sure whatzuiv sdaid. My a[olgoies. But usually when drunk i saY WHAT i mean so nothing thart bad shoulf haVE come out. HELLO!!

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 21, 2004 02:12AM
Best to humour him. HELLO!!!! WHATS YOUR NAME? YES I LIKE BARNEY TOO! MEHEHEHEWWW!!!!
Date: August 21, 2004 02:14AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I'm half iriush too, nopt sure what half, but deiniutelt half!!!!!!

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 22, 2004 12:13AM
The drunk half probably :)
Date: August 22, 2004 02:06AM
lol

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 22, 2004 11:58AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
"Yes, it would make instantly more entertaining racing, but isn't the whole point of any sport, to be the best, and beat everyone else? Then why should rules be changed again to try to stop 1 teams domination?"

how is it going to stop teams dominating?
Date: August 22, 2004 01:58PM
Posted by: Dizzoau
MysticalCrayon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Yes, it would make instantly more entertaining
> racing, but isn't the whole point of any sport, to
> be the best, and beat everyone else? Then why
> should rules be changed again to try to stop 1
> teams domination?"
>
> how is it going to stop teams dominating?
>
>

Having an artificial grid is stopping one teams dominence. Even if you say:

Race one ferrari start at rear of grid but...
Race two ferarri start at front of grid...

You have still stopped the dominence of ferrari in that first race, and doing that artificially like that is wrong and illogical.
Date: August 22, 2004 11:27PM
It is simply trying to hinder Ferrari's dominance by being around at all. If Ferrari were not dominating, then there would be no talk of changing rules.
Date: August 23, 2004 08:47AM
why wont ferarri dominate this system too?

it is not intended to stop ferrari!!!
Date: August 23, 2004 11:11AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
But as Lopper said, any change to the rules that punishes teams was only needed because ferrari are so dominant, so it is iindirectly punishing their success, becausse the others cant get their acts together.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 23, 2004 04:25PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah, people keep saying that all the new rules over the past couple of years are not to punish ferrari, but they wouldn't have even been brought in if they hadn't dominated so much. fair enough they took the piss in '02, but they were in the amazing position of being able to, with no serious competition from the other teams.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 23, 2004 11:35PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
erm, its got nothing to do with ferrari at all. If we had Williams at the front with the same situation, one driver miles ahead, and the other unable to mount a challenge it wud be the same thing. It just so happens it is ferrari whos at the front, and unlike, say Macca in 88, Rubens is unable (and not allowed, but that doesnt matter this year) to fight schumi, so we get a run away champ. If we had a fight then nothing wud happen

The fact that its ferrari doesnt mean anything, it wud be the same if it was anyone, this just seems like an excuse some give to give the "oh poor ferrari, poor us, everyone picks on us" lines

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 23, 2004 11:42PM
Posted by: Oleg
McLaren of 1988 is an exception not the norm.
Date: August 24, 2004 12:39AM
Nobody said it was the norm at all, your just creating arguments. How about Williams 1996 then? Same applies

As lomg as there is a fight, whether it be one team vs another team, or driver 1 vs driver 2 of the same team, there is no problem and it doesnt require "fixing". The problem comes when you have one driver who is miles out infront and no competition from either his team mate, or other drivers. It has NOTHING to do with ferrari at all, it just happens to be them thats leading, and the ferraris fans are crying "oh stop picking on us" even tho the situation would be the same no matter what team or driver it was

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 24, 2004 02:17AM
Posted by: Oleg
NOTHING to do with ferrari at all, it just happens to be them thats leading, and the ferraris fans are crying "oh stop picking on us" even tho the situation would be the same no matter what team or driver it was

True,it's doubtful that a part of Minardi ;-) fans [or any other team's] would have treated the situation differently.
Date: August 24, 2004 03:17AM
You are once again creating argments from nothing Oleg. I didnt say anything about other fans, and sicne we have not had that situation, i find it quite impossible to say other fans wud have treated the situation the same like you are sayying

Im just getting a bit sick of the "oh the whole worlds agaisnt it us" bollocks that keeps coming up when the FIA try to give us a good fight, especailly after how the F in FIA stands for Ferrari more and more each year

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 24, 2004 01:07PM
i agree ellis

and schumi would probably dominate the purnell thing as well, i dont care, at least he would be dominating by cutting up the field instead of passing in the pits and driving off into the distance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy