A good F1 page

Posted by anze89 
A good F1 page
Date: February 06, 2003 09:58AM
Posted by: anze89
I am looking for a good F1 page with history, all drivers, tracks and so on. www.forix.com is now for pay only.

Re: A good F1 page
Date: February 06, 2003 11:19AM
Posted by: Morbid
Has Foirx become a pay site?!?!? NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 06, 2003 12:06PM
It is a pay site. :(

From forix:

Dear Reader,

During the last couple of years we have put forward an increasing effort to make FORIX the reference site for F1 history and statistics. However, the decrease of advertising income to ridiculous levels during 2002, leaves us no alternative but to ask for your help in order to maintain and enhance the site.

This help takes the form of a subscription as explained here. This new access framework will be active from January 15th and is supported by a partnership with AtlasF1.

I trully hope you understand that our sole objective is the survival and enhancement of FORIX and I look forward to an enjoyable future together.

kind regards,
João Paulo

The price list:

$12.00 For 52 weeks (12 months)
$8.00 For 26 weeks (6 months)
$6.00 For 13 weeks (3 months)

Date: February 06, 2003 12:38PM
Posted by: _Alex_
It sucks. That was the F1 info portal.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 06, 2003 12:43PM
;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-( ;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-( ;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-( ;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-( ;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-( ;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-( ;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-( ;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-( ;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-( ;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(;-(:-(

Post Edited (02-06-03 19:48)

Date: February 06, 2003 12:44PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
despite the fact it is sad news i have to say that looks impressive morbid

Date: February 06, 2003 12:47PM
I had to change it a bit. I hope it still conveys my inner emotional turmoil over the loss of Forix...

Date: February 06, 2003 01:16PM
Posted by: Vader
[www.expressf1.com]
[www.gpracing.net192.com]
[www.silhouet.com]

in french, but still worth looking at it:

[engineeringf1.free.fr]
[www.f1-legend.com]

Post Edited (02-06-03 21:29)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 06, 2003 02:23PM
good pages, but no one is like forix. Forix had history, drivers, tracks, pictures, etc. :(

Date: February 06, 2003 02:25PM
Posted by: LS.
this is a fairly comprehensive website, i got my info about the williams team history for my website from here

they are the suppliers of the motorsport database to the FIA

[www.grandprix.com]

Post Edited (02-06-03 21:26)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 06, 2003 02:26PM
Forix actually had everything you ever wanted. No more race charts or anything :( How will we tell who was quick at any given point in the race? Without paying some silly fee. Oh well.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 06, 2003 02:35PM
that could be their downfall alex, its all well having a popular site ( thats free) but time will tell if people think that much of it to pay a fee for the info, after all theres plenty more websites that are free

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 07, 2003 11:11AM
Posted by: daveb
www.etracks.freeserve.co.uk

Date: February 07, 2003 02:21PM
Posted by: andrew_S
problem is guys they have to pay for the space, and pay for the traffic, if your getting 1000s of hits a day......
Date: February 07, 2003 09:00PM
Posted by: Eagle
Anze89, you could try another web page,

[www.atlasf1.com]

it's got forums, an archive section, lots of magazine articles, some other stuff...

there's also

[www.f1db.com]
which might be what you're looking for.

Good luck!!!

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Date: February 08, 2003 01:25AM
that could be their downfall alex, its all well having a popular site ( thats free) but time will tell if people think that much of it to pay a fee for the info, after all theres plenty more websites that are free

This is true, LS, but would you pay to walk down to your local library and have a browse?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 08, 2003 05:54AM
Posted by: broders
www.grandprix.com

it has everything. every singel f1 chamionship race results, and review and more!
Date: February 08, 2003 09:33AM

this is a fairly comprehensive website, i got my info about the williams team history for my website from here

they are the suppliers of the motorsport database to the FIA

[www.grandprix.com]

Doh! broders ;)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 08, 2003 01:57PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
lol :P

Date: February 09, 2003 01:28AM
Posted by: roadhog
>"This is true, LS, but would you pay to walk down to your local library and >ave a browse?"

a lot of libraries are run this way especially technical ones.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy