Why is Kimi faster than DC???

Posted by eclap 
Date: August 08, 2004 06:53PM
Posted by: eclap
OK, Kimi is my favourite, but can it be because he weighs 10kg less than DC??? I personally think, that Kimi is also the better driver out of them two, but the 10kg has to do some difference, too, don't they???
Re: Why is Kimi faster than DC???
Date: August 08, 2004 07:12PM
Posted by: villej
If Couldhard weights more, his car is lighter then. Minimum weight is 650g with driver and car I think, heavier the driver lighter the car.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2004 07:14PM by villej.
Date: August 08, 2004 07:36PM
Posted by: dolinseks
minimum weight is 600kg, not 650. and that 10kg doesnt have much difference, like villej said.
Date: August 08, 2004 07:41PM
yes, 600kg is the minimum weight of the car, which makes the driver + car difference of 10kg. And that must do some difference... I recall Frank Williams saying that there's no point spending a lot of money to make a car lighter by 1kg, but if that was more, it would be worth it. So I wonder, how many thousands of second that would those 10kg would make...
Date: August 08, 2004 07:41PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Yea the car will weigh less than 600kg and then they use the ballast to bring it up to the minimum weight, so it shouldn't make any difference. Last time it did was when Benetton used that crappy mechanical device on the front of their cars(can't remember what it was) and it was overweight, thus Wurz was penalised a bit more than Fisi as he was heavier.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 08, 2004 08:08PM
Still, the car has to weigh minimum of 600kg, I suppose, they keep both the cars at 600kg. They than put the drivers into their cars (both weighing 600kg) which makes DC's car 10kg heavier!!!!
Date: August 08, 2004 08:13PM
Posted by: sasjag
600kg is the weight of the car when the driver is in it with all the paraphanalia (spelt so wrong) on him

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 08, 2004 08:22PM
Oh, I see, I thought that the 600kg minimum was for the car itself... Makes sence now....
Date: August 08, 2004 08:33PM
Posted by: András Vincze
Kimi is much more talented then DC, that's why Kimi is better then DC!
Date: August 08, 2004 09:04PM
Posted by: Muks_C
the car itself weighs a lot less than the minimum, then you add the drivers weights, and as much ballasr as needed to get up to the required weight, so both cars should weigh the same regardless of the weight of the driver. if kimi is 10kg lighter than DC, he will probably have 10kg more ballast in his car.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 08, 2004 09:28PM
Posted by: Team CLR
András Vincze Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kimi is much more talented then DC, that's why
> Kimi is better then DC!
-------------------------------------------------------
Exactly, even if the two weighed the same Kimi would still be ahead.

Date: August 08, 2004 09:28PM
Posted by: Vader
Yes, but if Kimi weighs 10kg less he can have more ballast. The more ballast you can add, the more you can improve the balance of the car. This might be an advantage for a lighter driver, however I don't think it can explain a gap of 1s.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 08, 2004 10:07PM
Posted by: LS.
While ever there are fuel stops in F1 you will never get a true reflection of drivers capabilitys on the same fuel loads

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 08, 2004 10:30PM
Indeedily doodily

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 08, 2004 10:35PM
Yes, I know that Kimi is the better out of them two, but this whole weight idea just popped up in my mind today and didn't really know what to think of it. And I still think, that you can tell who's good and who's not that good, the thing is, you can't really tell who's the best... For that, you'd have to put all the drivers in the same cars, with the same setups, no refueling and after one whole season, you'd probably be able to tell who's the best...

In my opinion, Kimi is extremly talented and has the whole of his career ahead of himself, it's only up to him to show the world what he's capable of... Some might say, that Michael Schumacher is the best driver ever, but all his titles are down to his car, it's just so obvious, if you look at the 90ties, he got beaten by hill, villeneuve, hakkinen2x simply because they were driving the better cars.... They're all excellent drivers, but at the end of the day, it comes down to the car, which makes all the discussions as to who's the best pointless...

Agreed????
Date: August 08, 2004 10:41PM
The best drivers invariably find themselves in the best cars, so there isn't many occasions when the best car isn't going to win the championship.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 08, 2004 10:53PM
Posted by: LS.
Ha try telling that to schumacher fans :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 08, 2004 10:57PM
Posted by: chet

Because Kimi is the quickest in F1 since Senna!!!!!!!!!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 08, 2004 11:32PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Kimi is just simply the best.
Date: August 08, 2004 11:38PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Because Coulthards Head causes huge drag problems, as demonstrated by Muk's sig.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy