Time to speak! (Another Button vs Webber thread)

Posted by chet 
Time to speak! (Another Button vs Webber thread)
Date: August 07, 2004 02:23PM
Posted by: chet
Ok then I have had enough of people saying JB is a W4nker for leaving BAR!

Lets look at the facts - Williams have won many, many championships before, so they know ow to.

BAR - have not won a race yet, and well they do not have the experince to win championships (take Monaco 2004 and Sato for example).

JB says Williams are the best for to win a championship with, and hes right!

Also Richards was the one saying JB was going to win WDC with BAR, NOT JB, what could JB say to DR when DR said all that, "look mate we are never going to win the championship?"

DR hyped Button up, and its DR's fault hes leaving and all those 400 worker are not their for JB they are there for BAR! And when you have a driver like Ant you are not letting anyone down.

Take Senna for example he moved to Macca because they were the best, and JB knows Williams will be the best. Also when Senna left his beloved Macca and Ron, im sure pple felt the same, but Senna left because williams had the better car!
Like JB thinks williams will have the better car, he is doing this for himself, NOT for BAR, and they should accept that!

(topic edit by mortal)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2004 01:02PM by mortalwombat.
Re: Time to speak!
Date: August 07, 2004 02:25PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
hear hear, i hate loyalty in f1 these days, the person to topple ms is the person who makes sure he is in the best car at the right time, and at least JB is trying

Date: August 07, 2004 02:28PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
He's a wanker.
Date: August 07, 2004 02:34PM
Posted by: casabonka
@ razors edge
you cant say he is a wanker..

look at it this way.. say you're at work, and your life goal is to build a mansion but you cant on ur current role, but you love your position.
If you were offered a promotion with a salry high enough to build ur mansion with a new group of people.. you would take it...

again ive said many times im not a button fan but good on him!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: August 07, 2004 02:40PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Chet, you're right in many ways with your post.

but the thing if BAR execute their option on him for next year successfully, what kind of relationship would there be between DR and JB and JB and the mechanics?

BAR this year has mainly been centred around JB, like Ferrari centred around MS. JB won't get that with Williams.

BAR are on the way up, and will win a race one day.

its no good saying BAR don't know how to win a race because they haven't won one yet. every team started out without winning a race, even williams.

Button could have been the one to get that win, and really galvanise himself in the team for the next few years.

but i agree he has to do the best for HIS career. the mechanics are there for the team, but how are they gonna feel next time they have to do a pitstop for Button, when they know he really doesn't want to be with them anymore?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 07, 2004 02:41PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
N.P.s casabonka, just having some fun. But I do think he is a ......
Date: August 07, 2004 03:04PM
Posted by: Red Sam
I dont think that all the criticism of Button is justified. THere is something that is making him want to leave, and Richards reaction is not helping anyone

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 07, 2004 03:08PM
Posted by: Muks_C

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 07, 2004 03:17PM
Also i forgot to say that Im a JB supporter and will be forever! No matter what he does

Date: August 07, 2004 03:18PM
Muks_C - I looked at my mag last night and thought exactly the same!

Weired LOL

Date: August 07, 2004 03:20PM
Posted by: andrew_S
Red Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dont think that all the criticism of Button is
> justified. THere is something that is making him
> want to leave, and Richards reaction is not
> helping anyone
>
>
> "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm
> our country and our people - and neither do we."
> George W Bush

exactly, i really wonder sometimes how inexperienced these comments seem, its happend in the past and its well expected to happen, its not unnormal, and no ones a bastard because of it, as i mentioned before, look at senna's 93 situation, benetton had an option on schumacher for 96, and there are many more examples of exactly the same.

if bar had signed him already you can understand there POV, but at this time, theres nothing but each sides tabloid slogging to go on.

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 07, 2004 07:21PM
Posted by: dolinseks
"and JB knows Williams will be the best"

I dont think so, the team is slowly faling down. BMW is not the most powerfull anymore (like renault in 98), they are strugling to score points (like 98) and they have changed their techniacal director, so i think, that next year, they will be strugling even more.
Date: August 07, 2004 07:29PM
Posted by: LS.
dolinseks Wrote:
> "and JB knows Williams will be the best"
>
> I dont think so, the team is slowly faling down.
> BMW is not the most powerfull anymore (like
> renault in 98), they are strugling to score points
> (like 98) and they have changed their techniacal
> director, so i think, that next year, they will be
> strugling even more.

I think its entirely the opposite, the whole reason that Patrick Head allowed Sam Michael to become technical race director was so that he could stay back at the factory and double the current efforts of the Williams team

You'd be extremely foolish to write off williams chances for next year

This year has been a bit of a wake up call for Williams, i dont for one minute expect this to be repeated next year

who knows what the rest of the season will bring now they have dropped the walrus for hungary and rest of the season?

we saw last year how the car was off the pace until Monaco then the performance levels went up and up right to the end of the season

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 07, 2004 07:44PM
Posted by: Team CLR
I disagree, Williams is a huge team and has more than enough resources to be able to bounce back from a disappointing season, keeping in mind that a lot of this years aero package was revolutionary and next years car will be more refined due to this data collected over the course of this season. it would be a mistake to write them off, Jenson could well have made a very shrewd decision, perhaps he knows something we don't.
Date: August 07, 2004 08:59PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
did this really warrant a new thread? why cud you not say that in the main button thread?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: August 07, 2004 09:01PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
williams wont go downhill like they did in 98, after all, they still have the full backing of BMW, a brand new windtunnel, and like LS said, they have had a wakeup call, wheras in 98 renault pulled out (so they had to use customer engines, which were basically made by renault and branded something else), and to be fair they saw it coming and were already focussing on the future (I cant remember how early Frank signed the BMW deal, but it was quite early)

Date: August 07, 2004 10:14PM
Posted by: Imran
he wanted them for 98 so he contacted BMW in 97 and BMW said they watned to join but it would take them 2 years to get an operation up and running

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2004 10:15PM by Imran.
Date: August 07, 2004 10:45PM
Posted by: andrew_S
also neway designed the 97 car, then left.

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 07, 2004 10:50PM
Posted by: Imran
hmm yes..but williams after 98 still produced decent chassis..only in 2001/2 did they start laggin behid.but by then Bmw grunt made up for it
Date: August 08, 2004 12:07AM
rapid_f1 Wrote:
> did this really warrant a new thread? why cud you
> not say that in the main button thread?
>

Because i felt that more pple would read this thread than going all the way the JB thread, and this thread is not about the move to Williams, it is about the fact that no-one can hate JB for what he has done!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy