2006: Marlboro "to buy Ferrari livery"

Posted by Red Sam 
Re: 2006: Marlboro "to buy Ferrari livery"
Date: August 09, 2004 07:58PM
Posted by: villej
"If someone wants to smoke... well that's his problem."

It's also their goverments problem, because if you smoke, your country has to pay your hospital fees. And trought that, it's everybodys broblem, because some of the money that non-smokers pay as taxes, is used to providing health services for smoking people.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: August 09, 2004 08:09PM
Posted by: Guimengo
not to mention the harm it causes to others. My grandma has a fatal disease due to 2nd hand smoking. Nice huh? The disease is said to kill in 10 years, and it's been about 3-4 since she was diagnosed with it.
The cigarette's smoke is even deadlier than the cigarette itself - it has a filter in it -, and add together the hundreds of millions of smokers (of anything) and the number of people that are directly affected is immense. Let me go a step further, and say it harms the Ozone layer.

And Haggis, I haven't started offering my services in Europe yet! How do you know? :|
Date: August 09, 2004 08:19PM
Posted by: Vader
andrew_S Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is the mclaren logo anything to do with new
> zealand? i seem to remember in the marlboro
> mclaren days, they had a marlboro like logo.
>

The red thingy is a symbolized Kiwi, the "national bird" of New Zealand.

Strange birds, but somehow cute. :p

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2004 08:25PM by Vader.
Date: August 09, 2004 08:26PM
Posted by: Oleg
It's also their goverments problem, because if you smoke, your country has to pay your hospital fees. And trought that, it's everybodys broblem, because some of the money that non-smokers pay as taxes, is used to providing health services for smoking people.

And of course the goverment gets squat from every pack sold?
Date: August 09, 2004 08:30PM
Oh, Mr. "let's attack all Finns" is back in business.

Of course they get taxes but these taxes can not cover all the expenses for medical treatment and anti-smoking campaigns. Besides the argument is still valid that you not only harm yourself but also those around you, no matter what the financial side of it looks like tax-wise. This alone should be enough to ban smoking.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 09, 2004 08:32PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Wish i had been around long enough to understand the needle between you two :S

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 09, 2004 08:46PM
It's not a needle between Oleg and me, but rather a neeedle between Oleg and almost anyone else in here. Oleg simply knows it all and has never ever admitted that something he said was wrong. Being from Estonia he has displayed more than once his nationalistic hatred towards Finns.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 09, 2004 08:53PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
And of course the goverment gets squat from every pack sold?

Point is irrelevent. I dont smoke therefore i dont buy cigerrets, but i have to taxes towards the hosptial bills of people who do smoke and who choose to posion themselves. I had an argument on a bus recently with the women sitting infront of me smoking when i asked her not to smoke because it was blowing into my baby girls face. She eventually put it out after the driver told her to stop being an arrogent bitch or get off his bus.

Your point abot taxes is bollocks

It's not a needle between Oleg and me, but rather a neeedle between Oleg and almost anyone else in here. Oleg simply knows it all and has never ever admitted that something he said was wrong. Being from Estonia he has displayed more than once his nationalistic hatred towards Finns.

Well wudnt u be pissed if your country sucked at motorsports and Finland rocked :P

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2004 08:54PM by DaveEllis.
Date: August 09, 2004 09:23PM
Posted by: Oleg
Of course they get taxes but these taxes can not cover all the expenses for medical treatment and anti-smoking campaigns.

Of course not.

But the notion that smokers somehow somehow cost society financially isn't
supported by any evidence.

The result of the 1998 congressional research indicates that smokers save the goverment almost $35 billion per year,states save $2.1 billion per year and private third parties save $5.4 billion.

If disagreeing with a person's oppinion[which is quite widely spread with the non-smokers] makes me whatever your fantasy can come up with so be it.

Date: August 09, 2004 09:33PM
As I said, the worst part about smoking is not the finaicial damage, but the damage you to the health of others. If you want to kill yourself, do it., but don't kill others. IMO people who smoke in a room where children are should be send to jail.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 09, 2004 09:36PM
Posted by: sasjag
yes but Oleg thats not teh point, ppl who dont smoke are being penalized by those hwo do smoke. if they were forced to pay there own hospital fees then there wudnt be any problem there, but everyone in the country pays them for them

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 09, 2004 09:38PM
Posted by: sasjag
Vader Wrote:
> As I said, the worst part about smoking is not the
> finaicial damage, but the damage you to the health
> of others. If you want to kill yourself, do it.,
> but don't kill others. IMO people who smoke in a
> room where children are should be send to jail.

yeah agreed, in our town centre the shopping centre is all non-smoking now

of course u get the rudies who smoke at skool in the toilets or jus outside the gates which affects kids down to 11yrs, and teh school cant do anything coz its legal for them to smoke

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 09, 2004 09:42PM
Posted by: sega
villej Wrote:
> "If someone wants to smoke... well that's his
> problem."
>
> It's also their goverments problem, because if you
> smoke, your country has to pay your hospital fees.
> And trought that, it's everybodys broblem, because
> some of the money that non-smokers pay as taxes,
> is used to providing health services for smoking
> people.
>
>
> My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]

Smokers also pay taxes. And off course there has to bo taxes for tobacco companies and smokers.

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: August 09, 2004 09:45PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
just a point vader, but the money government gets for fags far outweighs how much is spent on treatment etc. (approx. £2 billion on treatment, £8 billion from tax on fags) but yes i agree thats not the point. its the harm done to those who dont smoke.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: August 09, 2004 09:49PM
In Germany you have to pay money into health insurance if you work and have an income. This money is being spend to treat sick smokers - that means that I actually pay for them even if I am a non-smoker. Actually I also pay for people who drink too much, drive to fast (and crash) and do extreme sports and break their bones.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 09, 2004 09:52PM
Posted by: sega
There are some types of food that will cause you overweight. Overweight is the main cause of a lot of health problems.

So, what the goverments should do??????? ban McDonalds?????????

The people must be smart enough to know that if you keep eating hamburguers, french fries and Coca Cola, you'll end up like a cow. And for sure you'll have hearth deseases, just to name one.

Same goes for cigarettes and alcohol.

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: August 09, 2004 10:04PM
Since I don't like fast food and personally think it is disgusting and in fact really unhealthy I wouldn't mind if it got banned - seriously.

Besides the point is that I am FORCED to PAY my hard-earned MONEY for them - that's what I don't like.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 09, 2004 10:06PM
Posted by: Muks_C
the government of the UK for example makes something like 40 billion pounds from ciggy taxes, yet the cost of health care for smoking related illness is only something like a couple of billion pounds, so they wouldn't really want people to stop smoking.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 09, 2004 10:31PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
mukus i doubt its that much. i sure i heard the figure of around £8 billion. hell if it were £40 theyd be encouraging ppl to smoke :)

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: August 09, 2004 10:39PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
There are some types of food that will cause you overweight. Overweight is the main cause of a lot of health problems.

So, what the goverments should do??????? ban McDonalds?????????

Point doesnt stand. In large dose's ALL food, inc junk food is bad for you. In small dose's it has been proven that McD can be good for you if you regulate it correctly. I dont think blaming McD for peoples arrogence and over eating is fair

Also, Smoking isnt good for you. No matter how little, or how much you do. And unlike fast food, you over doing this item does hurt others

the government of the UK for example makes something like 40 billion pounds from ciggy taxes, yet the cost of health care for smoking related illness is only something like a couple of billion pounds, so they wouldn't really want people to stop smoking.

Obviously they dont want it banned. They dont give a @#$%& about peoples health as long as the cash is flowing in.

Smoke in your on home if you want. Go on, breath in some lovely cancer. But if you do it around me, and especially myy baby girl be prepared to get ear cancer from the bitching i wud do. Smoking should be banned. It is no better than any other drug [/rant]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2004 10:45PM by DaveEllis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy