2006: Marlboro "to buy Ferrari livery"

Posted by Red Sam 
2006: Marlboro "to buy Ferrari livery"
Date: August 07, 2004 05:39AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Evening all! Thought this might interest you guys interested in what fag companies will do when the ban comes in. Well, here is Marlboros suggestion, from F1 live:

Michael Schumacher's red car may look even redder in 2006 if Philip Morris' plans to buy the entire Formula One livery come to fruition, it is revealed.

Morris' brand Marlboro, looking beyond a cigarette advertising ban, believes running an all-red unbranded car will still indicate the sponsors' support.

The tobacco giant is therefore considering buying the space of Ferrari's other main sponsors including Vodafone and Shell at a cost of around $150 million per year.

A nice plan financially - but a plain F1 car? Strange!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Re: 2006: Marlboro "to buy Ferrari livery"
Date: August 07, 2004 05:47AM
Posted by: Palomino
hehe i read somewhere that they would just leave the white box because it would look like it was still sponsered by marlboro.

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Date: August 07, 2004 05:49AM
Posted by: sega
it'd be like barcelona's jersey. Plain but great.

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: August 07, 2004 06:09AM
Posted by: b-tone
or libya's flag - marvellous

____
Tony

Date: August 07, 2004 06:10AM
Posted by: Red Sam
The Flag of Libya:

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 07, 2004 06:20AM
Posted by: Abstraction
whatta a waste of money, they coulda brought me a ipod for me ;)

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 07, 2004 06:43AM
Posted by: mortal
No you cant have one, the death rate from ipods is already too high and it would be unsafe in your hands ;-) we now return you to the topic, sorry about that ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 07, 2004 07:05AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I was imagining the car having an overall livery resembling their cigarette boxes.

And about the money they would spend, those 150 millions would be to cover the other sponsors, right? So it would be those 150 mi, plus their already 180 mi (right?)...Damn, crapload of money :D Superb deal for Ferrari ;)
Date: August 07, 2004 08:31AM
Posted by: G_Force
Ethically its a bloody disgraceful thing to do though (Guess thats why they sponser Ferrari though - the two companies go hand in hand). The cigarette companies need to realise that their time is up. And this one decision by one cigarette company could stop many family-friendly brands from entering the sport and cost other teams a lot of sponsership money, especially at a time when most other tobacco compaines involved in the sport will be doing the responsible thing under the new 'laws' and exit the sport.
Date: August 07, 2004 08:36AM
The other companies may be leaving the sport, but if Ferrari only has one sponsor (I doubt this will happen), it will leave the other teams more sponsorship options. Imagine Vodafone backing Jaguar, for example. Maybe Shell expanding it's work and going to Jordan? (unless the team is sold to the royal family, of course) Many possibilities can happen, but I imagine Coca-Cola joining F1, as well as maybe McDonald's, but I haven't heard anything from inside McDonald's yet, so be quiet about it :P
Date: August 07, 2004 09:36AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>Imagine Vodafone backing Jaguar,

you should of said Jordan....

Date: August 07, 2004 10:49AM
I know, but I doubt they would want to do business with them, after Eddie's lawsuit :P
Date: August 07, 2004 12:13PM
that was the joke you id.... ;)

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 07, 2004 12:15PM
Posted by: b-tone
perhaps by then rules will change so the cars will be pipe shaped, with a tan coloured nose, white body and the engine will be exposed and constantly giving of sparks and smoke

____
Tony

Date: August 07, 2004 12:42PM
are you thinking of a...?

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 07, 2004 12:54PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh b-tone the good old days :P

When racing drives had moustaches :P

Date: August 07, 2004 01:29PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
hehe i read somewhere that they would just leave the white box because it would look like it was still sponsered by marlboro.

That is suggestive advertising. You cant do that

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 07, 2004 02:02PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
can they write marlboro everywhere with invisble ink? :P
Date: August 07, 2004 02:49PM
Posted by: Muks_C
ferrari would be allowed to keep their current NT livery, because the white engine cover is just a white engine cover, not specific to any brand (although any F1 viewer would know that the word 'marlboro' is missing).

they would not be allowed to keep the 'roof' triangle white shape though, like they used to do.

mclaren on the other hand would not be allowed to write 'Kimi' or 'David' (or 'Juan';) the way they do now, because that is exactly the same style as when they write 'West'.

and Jordan would not be allowed to keep 'Be On Edge'.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 07, 2004 02:59PM
Posted by: SpaceAce
but isnt the red flick on the mclaren not the west flick
isnt it just a flick?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy