thanks bro :)
Re: Button to Williams....
Date: August 09, 2004 06:43PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Date: August 09, 2004 06:47PM
Posted by: sega
how about that????
Ecclestone talking about ethics and morality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: August 09, 2004 08:15PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
I hope he does lose his license.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: August 09, 2004 09:41PM
Posted by: sasjag
Lanky-Lad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope he does lose his license.

why? its not jensons fault his lawyers and his management team told him that it was possible for him to swtch teams, or that the williams lawyers agreed is it?

I dont think jenson sed "lets go looking for a team" more his management sed "we've found u a clause in ur contract that cud allow u to be in the williams next season, should we see what we can do?"

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 09, 2004 09:44PM
Posted by: sega
well, it's his fault because he actually wants to leave BAR. His lawyers can't force him to do that.

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: August 09, 2004 09:47PM
true, but read my point again

i personally dont think jenson shud be punished for something his lawyers/management team have done

and taking his superlicence away for that? when theres drivers who force ppl off teh road and are dangerous and they dont even get a wrist slapping??

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 09, 2004 09:51PM
Posted by: Vader
Ecclestone's point is that a true gentleman stands by his word and doesn't look for a way to break a contract. Even if his management has cause dall that upheaval Jenson himself could have said "No way I am going to break a contract" at any point. He didn't, so morally he is to blame (according to Bernie).

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 09, 2004 09:53PM
yes but berie is someone who would sell you your own granni if he thot he cud make a few £$

Sim

Date: August 09, 2004 10:01PM
I'm not sure - Bernie is one of those guys from a generation where a word indeed was a word. Actually his influence in F1 is mainly based on handshake-agreements with other people. This is actually how F1 used to be years back - you didn't need complicated contracts and lawyers because racing was a gentlemen's sport and a gentleman did not break his word. Just look at Stirling Moss. He could have won the WDC if he had done the same as Jenson: change to whatever team seems to prevail, yet Moss was (and is) a gentleman to whom the word "loyality" was more than a hollow phrase.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 09, 2004 10:13PM
Posted by: Oleg
I'm not sure - Bernie is one of those guys from a generation where a word indeed was a word. Actually his influence in F1 is mainly based on handshake-agreements with other people. This is actually how F1 used to be years back - you didn't need complicated contracts and lawyers because racing was a gentlemen's sport and a gentleman did not break his word.

I wouldn't classify the Concorde agreement as handshake.
Date: August 09, 2004 10:14PM
No, it's a milkshake.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 09, 2004 10:31PM
Posted by: andrew_S
what i want to know is since when has bernie ever had a say in super licences

lol

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 09, 2004 10:34PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
He didnt say he had a say. You just made the exact same mistake as everyone else seems to have done. The PRESS says Bernie is threatening to take away the license but Bernie said the F1 contracts commision might be the ones who remove it. he didnt say anything about him removing it himself

And ROFL Vader

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2004 10:46PM by DaveEllis.
Date: August 10, 2004 09:26AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
My Concorde Agreement brings all the boys to the yard.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: August 10, 2004 11:10AM
" what i want to know is since when has bernie ever had a say in super licences "

what about then, when kimi and sauber wanted his superlicence, i thinl bernie supported that, the only one, who stand against it, was max mosley.
Date: August 10, 2004 11:14AM
My neighbour also supported it and I think my uncle was against it too. Bernie and Max can personally do whatever they like, super licences are a matter of the FIA.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2004 12:03PM by Vader.
Date: August 10, 2004 03:30PM
From F1-Racing.net:

"IA: Button will race for BAR in 2005
The FIA Contract Recognition Board (CRB) acknowledged, in writing to the BAR F1 team, that the BAR Contract with Jenson Button is the only valid contract registered for the 2005 season.

A driver's "super license" - his right to drive in Formula 1 - is only valid if his contract has been lodged with and registered by the CRB and all driver contracts contain a provision submitting all priority disputes to the CRB.

The CRB was established in 1992 to regulate driver contracts and resolve priority disputes where a driver enters into a new contract with a Formula 1 team when a clearly established and registered contract is already in existence.

The purpose of the CRB is to enforce driver contracts and provide a swift international resolution to conflicts which if channelled through national legal systems could be drawn-out and could result in a wholly inappropriate remedy for the innocent party and for the sport as a whole.

All signatories to the Concorde Agreement are bound by the procedures of the CRB which requires any new driver contract to be registered 'forthwith' i.e. immediately, and without delay, in order to establish its validity.

The BAR team has willingly submitted itself to this process which is final and binding on all parties."

looks like, he is staying with bar...
Date: August 10, 2004 04:16PM
Posted by: Zcott
Crazy! Sam Michael has said he will defend Williams' position to the death. Or thereabouts.

Date: August 10, 2004 04:18PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
quote me happy

"No it's not a skirt"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy