> you go in a moodd and piss all over him.lets face
> it JB is quicker than sato at the mo and is most
> likely to bring home points. If they drop him than
> tha is playin into Williams hands perfectly. The
> teams performance wil sturggle due to internal
> problems and Williams with theuir new post hungary
> package and mclaren will beat tehm in the
> championship.
> Last season Montoya said he was changing teams.
> Williams reply was nto ..You fool..get out of my
> car.but instead he gave a simple press release not
> denying that he had lost the services nor
> accepting them. They continued to give JPM a
> capable car.
>
> Dae richards reaction of crying to the press
> before talking either JB or Williams does no good
> to anybody

First of all: I'm not a BAR fan.

The situation between Williams and JPM was absolutely different. You can't compare . It was known that JPM's contract will be finished by the end of 04. It was expected him to leave Williams. And it was announced with more than a year of anticipation!!!!!!!!!!!

And, again, If I was DR I'd kick the guy out for the rest of the season. I'm sure Davidson can get as much points as Button.

Saludos desde Colombia.
Re: Button to Williams....
Date: August 06, 2004 04:59PM
Posted by: sega
calimbo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No Sega. The thing is that, as far as I know,
> Button signed a contract in 2000 with Williams,
> till 2005!!! I do remeber that. But it seems the
> problem is with Button's manager, since he's like
> giving honey to Richards and Williams. Button
> already had signed for next year's option, and he
> said they'll stick with it. But suddenly he went
> for Williams, just like that....Now I beleive this
> is a missunderstanding. Since...Come on, BAR is
> giving everything to Button. You don't even
> realize that Sato is driving for BAR lately.
>
> If all this is truth, then Frank is giving the
> drivers huge promesses for next year. The team is
> not so good, right now.
>
> And about the thing that BAR has to learn from the
> "top 3" about contractual issues, I don't think
> so. He has plenty of experience in Motorsport,
> so...
>
> Un saludo tambien para tí, Sega, desde
> Medellín...Te invito a la feia de las flores.
>
>
>
> GP3 v1.13 cars website
>
>
> GP3 2000 cars website

Saludos Calimbo!!!!
Ay Medellín... qué envidia. Ojalá se pudiera.

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: August 06, 2004 05:25PM
Posted by: JonVic
I know it is the way management teams work but it all seems a bit tight on BAR if you ask me. Basically Jensons management team realise his contract is not valid and ring Williams? You would think they would run it by BAR first really, but i suppose all they see is £££££!

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Date: August 06, 2004 05:31PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Maybe Jenson wasnt happy at BAR? If so, can you blame him for wanting to move on? All the pressure at BAR is put on him because he is the only driver who is scoring, and he can see no prospect for change. Sato blows up every race, its not a good sign for the future of Honda, is it?

Williams are a rock solid team who have won more WDC than BAR ever will. THey have long term facilities, sponsors and staff, which is more than the fag packet on wheels that is BAR.

If Button was able to get out of his contract, why should he be criticised? However there does seem to be a difference of opinion about the contractural situation.

Also, news reports are now saying that FW only made it public because Richards had gone to the Times newspaper - putting into doubt what Richards said about not knowing anything.

Either way, I just cannot see JB racing at BAR next year, and the rest of this season will be hard enough!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 06, 2004 05:36PM
Posted by: calimbo
Yeah. That's for sure Red Sam. I don't think JB is going to be racing next year in BAR after all this, but maybe for the rest of the season, since BAR needs him to score points. DR is going to be so pissed, that, I think is going to happen the same than Villeneuve, maybe in the last race, if they don't have anything to lose.

Date: August 06, 2004 06:47PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
wel we cant really comment until we know who jb has a contract with. but ferrari are the only calm ship in a very rough sea atm.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: August 06, 2004 06:50PM
however it says that jb legal team approached williams with the proposal. whther they mean bar's legal team or jb's very own legal team i dont know. but if its jb;s own legal team then jb must have been in on it since solicitors cant act without the permission of their clients.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: August 06, 2004 07:07PM
It seems to me that Buttons solicitors think he had no contract with BAR. Williams solicitors agree and advised the signing of a deal.

BARs solicitors were sidelined while Richards went out and got a weapon of some kind, before commenting that, in their opinion, Button did have a contract.

However, Richards claims to know nothing, yet FW said he broke the news because he had heard that Richards was talking to the Times newspaper, and he had been in contact with BAR to settle it amicably. So where does Richards stand? And what did he or didnt he know?

RedSam

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 06, 2004 07:08PM
Posted by: MarcLister
It's almost certain it was JB's legal team. They may also have been acting on instructions from JB's manager.
Date: August 06, 2004 07:10PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
but ferrari are the only calm ship in a very rough sea atm.

Renault & Mclaren.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 06, 2004 07:11PM
But, has Jenson already signed for Williams? Anyway, it seems this is going to be a long issue, cause Williams and BAR has some differences, they don't have a great relationship, after Willis went to BAR and the problem with that "third element" on the BAR's rear wing in Bahrain

Date: August 06, 2004 07:12PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Haggis, I think Rapidf1 means that Ferrari have no driver changes for next year amongst other things. Renault are getting rid (Sorry, waving goodbye to!) to Trulli and getting Fisi. McLaren are getting JPM in place of DC. Continuity is the word in F1 and only Ferrari have this at the mo.
Date: August 06, 2004 07:12PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Richards may as well let Button go, even if he keeps Jenson at BAR, Jenson will more than likely not give 100%, not to mention the amount of friction there will be in the team, so it seems better for everyone if Jenson goes to Williams, besides with guys like Heidfeld milling around the back of the grid, there is clearly no shortage of good talent to fill the vacant seat.
Date: August 06, 2004 07:13PM
Jenson has signed a contract that will take him to Williams for 2005 and 2006, however the validity of that contract is being brought into question by BAR, who say they have exercised an option on him.

RedSam

Date: August 06, 2004 07:23PM
Haggis, I think Rapidf1 means that Ferrari have no driver changes for next year amongst other things. Renault are getting rid (Sorry, waving goodbye to!) to Trulli and getting Fisi. McLaren are getting JPM in place of DC. Continuity is the word in F1 and only Ferrari have this at the mo.

Ah right. Still Mclaren and Renault do have continuity with their other respective drivers, plus they will get that fresh impetus from a new driver joining. They won't be hindered by it in the slightest imo.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 06, 2004 07:24PM
Team CLR, you're right, is the best, maybe not for everybody, but for Jenson.

Date: August 06, 2004 07:50PM
thanks marclister. yes thats what i meant.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: August 06, 2004 08:14PM
Dave Richards:

"Obviously, this is something that is quite ridiculous and we will challenge it. You can't go through life taking advantage of legal technicalities - you have to look at the essence of an agreement."

Someone is desperate, methinks, and knows that he has lost...

<EDIT> from BAR.net

B.A.R has issued an ultimatum to Jenson Button's management company, Essentially Sport, requiring them to arrange a face to face meeting between Button and B.A.R executives by close of business on Monday or face immediate action to enforce B.A.R's contract with Button.

"We have been trying to talk to Jenson for days," said David Richards, B.A.R Team Principal. "He has a clear duty to all of those who've worked with him for the last two years to explain to them what is going on."

"We have complete confidence in the strength of our contractual rights," said David Richards "and in the option that we have exercised for 2005." The option was approved at a board meeting of B.A.R on 20th July. Jenson and his management team were informed of this in writing well before the end of the option period on 31st July, a fact acknowledged by Essentially Sport. Notice of exercise of the option had also been lodged with F1's Contract Recognition Board in Switzerland.

"If people make commitments they should keep them - and I will use every means available to me to make sure that all the requirements of our contract are met," said Richards. "If we do not have a meeting with Jenson by Monday night to sort this out, the processes to enforce our rights under the contract will commence without further notice."

RedSam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2004 08:16PM by Red Sam.
Date: August 06, 2004 08:21PM
Posted by: Muttley
With regards to Webber has he actually said he wants a team mate he can beat??? I'm fairly sure Murray Walker said it in an interview.
Date: August 06, 2004 08:26PM
That's been covered already Muttley. Yea it was Murray who said it in an interview, but it's been bandied about as a Webber quote at times.

"No it's not a skirt"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy