Da Matta Dropped

Posted by FRESCO 
Re: Da Matta Dropped
Date: August 06, 2004 05:25PM
Posted by: chrislewis
Hope JV is watching this and remembering who still has an F1 career.....

RedSam-That comment is pathetic I must say and your whole attitude to JV is annoying. Nobody mentioned his name until your comment. Please keep your negative comments to yourself unless the topic is brought up in a dicscussion. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2004 05:27PM by chrislewis.
Date: August 06, 2004 05:27PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
JV may not have an F1 career, but he has race wins, lots of cash, and a world championship. something alot of drivers will never get. If i was him i wud be sitting in my lovely Monaco apparetment pretty happy with the outcome of everything

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 06, 2004 05:28PM
I thought you said money never mattered to you.

Date: August 06, 2004 05:33PM
Posted by: Red Sam
I was talking in direct relation to Ricardo Zonta. JV has my respect as a driver and a WDC, but I maintain that the way that he and his friend Pollock treated Ricardo Zonta was nothing short of scandalous, and I hope that JV is taking note of Zontas return.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 06, 2004 05:33PM
For racing it wouldnt, the world championship is the most important thing

But now hes finished racing (unless he makes a surprise comeback). Hes achived world championships, race wins, and now he has god knows how much cash. Whilst i would consider the world championship to be his main achivement, he now has money to enjoy himself too. Pretty good time i would think

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 06, 2004 05:42PM
RedSam- To be honest I have no idea how they treated him. He had a debut in F1 which is pretty lucky IMO.

Whilst i would consider the world championship to be his main achivement, he now has money to enjoy himself too. Pretty good time i would think

Ellis
But didnt you say this is where we differ? Your contradicting yourself here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2004 05:46PM by chrislewis.
Date: August 06, 2004 05:46PM
No im not. Im saying i wud rather race for the racing than the moneny. Racing would take priority for me. But now that hes finishe dracing, hes come out with a world championship and race wins, put his name in the record books for a slong as they will be kept and to top it off hes got money. If i was in his situation i would be happy. If i had raced for the money and not won anything *cough*RUBENS*cough*, then i wouldnt be veryy happy, because despite having the money i would have achived nothing

JV has achived alot in racing, whether some people care to admit it or not, but the added bonus after the world championship is having some cash too. I didnt say i wouldnt mind some cash, if someone offered me a bag full of it, i would snap it up of course. But i wouldnt comprimise my racing for it

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 06, 2004 06:05PM
If i had raced for the money and not won anything *cough*RUBENS*cough*, then i wouldnt be veryy happy, because despite having the money i would have achived nothing

Should the same situation be to *cough*JV*cough*? Despite he being a person you have stood up for?

No im not. Im saying i wud rather race for the racing than the moneny. Racing would take priority for me.

Rubens does the same thing doesnt he? He drives an F1 car and races against other drivers regardless of his position. :p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2004 06:10PM by chrislewis.
Date: August 06, 2004 06:07PM
Posted by: theShadow
Just want to say F... Toyota ! I hate their street cars and their over budget crappy F1 team which is run like a Soviet committee. They should remember that DaMatta won a CART championship for them only 2 years ago after winning race after race. Maybe if they didn't have a crap car their drivers would be motivated. And if DaMatta had been lucky and scored points in one race would they be dropping Panis? Sorry to see Trulli go there, because now I am going to be hoping the Toyotas break in every race. They can have Ralf, which goes with their attitude of spending lots of money to get no results whatsoever.
Sorry to be late on the topic but thanks for letting me vent.

Date: August 06, 2004 06:54PM
Should the same situation be to *cough*JV*cough*? Despite he being a person you have stood up for?

To quote myself

If i was him i wud be sitting in my lovely Monaco apparetment pretty happy with the outcome of everything

If JV thought like i did, he would pretty dam happyy. He won the world title and achived more than most drivers ever will. Money is an added bonus. If he doesnt think like that fair enough. But hes won the WDC, added bonus of a helathy ammount of cash, and the ability to go race somewhere else if he wants

Money is good, but it shud never take priority over the racing, and in JVs case he may have money, but his racing achivments have got to make him smile when he thinks of them

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 06, 2004 07:02PM
Posted by: LS.
I think that what chris lewis was pointing out was that JV went for the money when he went to BAR, he did compromise his racing integrity after a disallusional spell at BAR and rather than get out and into a team that would give him a chance at victory, he opted to drive round and round and collect the cash

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 06, 2004 07:15PM
How come when Schumacher walks off to Ferrari hes building a team, despite being offered shed loads of cash, and when JV goes to try the same thing, hes a money grabber? BAR did fail, but he and Pollock were still trying to build it.

2ndly, i didnt say JV wud be happy for those reasons, i said if i was JV i wud be happy for those reasons. Theres a massive difference

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2004 07:15PM by DaveEllis.
Date: August 06, 2004 07:28PM
Jv did come across as driver cruising and collect mate, be honest.

i'm sure when he went to BAR at the start he had the best intentions

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 06, 2004 07:32PM
If he was cursing and collecting why was he pissed off at the car failures in 2003? And we did he suggest that if the car is going to fail, why not go for qualifying glory rather than start far back and then retire due to car failure?

He seemed like he wanted to helpd rag BAR up there, especially when he was with Pollock. He seemed to lose motivation throughout the year, but he still had a contract and only quit the last race because he was no longer interested in driving for a man who didnt want him in the car

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 06, 2004 09:21PM
JV only picked up his performances when Button apeared on the scene, that said more about his ego than his integretity as a racing driver

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 06, 2004 09:24PM
Did he really pick up his performance? Or did the car improve? The 2003 BAR was by far the best BAR they had had yet, and the 2004 one was even better.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 06, 2004 09:30PM
It was pride more than anything, here came a young upstart that had'nt won anything & he was being touted as a future world champ etc.

what do you think JV would have done to rectify this?

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 06, 2004 09:32PM
Posted by: The Lopper
I reckon he's like Damon Hill, he can only drive for a good team, otherwise his confidence is shattered.
Date: August 06, 2004 10:34PM
Posted by: RafaelValenza
JV is done...i like him, the way he drives and stuff, but with Button on Williams, no chance for JV in F1. One more thing Fu...TOYOTA!!! DaMatta in SATO seat NOW!!!!
Date: August 07, 2004 02:31AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
mean rubens comment dave :-o lol

so sad that its true :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2004 02:32AM by ks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy