Da Matta Dropped

Posted by FRESCO 
Re: Da Matta Dropped
Date: August 05, 2004 03:28PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Think he'd do a decent enough job. But it's irrelevant anyway because Williams have already used 4 drivers this season and so can't use anymore.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 05, 2004 03:42PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Ah, yeah....... I was the one who posted the FIA SPorting Regulation so no excuse for not remembering....:(

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 05, 2004 03:54PM
Posted by: Eagle
So what's gonna be the Toyota line up for next year?

Ralf Schumacher and......

If Panis doesn't get a drive, and da Matta might be given the testing role, I'm hoping that we get another Aussie driver on the grid, Ryan Briscoe.

I've heard that Ricardo Zonta might be heading to CART (well that was the rumour for 2004 anyway), and I would be so happy to see Briscoe in a F1 race...

Predictions somebody???
Date: August 05, 2004 04:01PM
Don't see da Matta settling for a testing role. I hope he'd tell them where to go. In my opinion he will probably end up back in CART or even IRL, hopefully CART though. Doubt Briscoe will get the seat either, he's not that experienced or proven at all. I'm certain Toyota are going for two big names next season. Schumacher and most probably Trulli.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 05, 2004 04:42PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Rather comical this,

From BBC Sports profile of Ricardo Zonta:

"After a spell testing cars for Jordan, he got his F1 break alongside former world champion Jacques Villeneuve in Ron Dennis' BAR set-up. "

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 05, 2004 04:47PM
Posted by: Muttley
Red Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How very strange! But then, I have always rated
> Zonta. I thought he was treated awfully by BAR and
> Villeneuve.
>
> Hope JV is watching this and remembering who still
> has an F1 career.....
>
>

haha so true! zonta was never as bad as he was made out to be. remember monza 2000? he overtook loads of cars in that race. will be good to see how he does next week.
Date: August 05, 2004 07:04PM
Posted by: dreams come trulli
I agree with Dirty Harry:

they just want to see how Zonta drives during races, if he does well (which he already did in the tests on friday) i think he can compete with trulli for the seat next year (and I hope trulli will get it and drive Ralf his b*lls of!! )

Date: August 05, 2004 07:24PM
Posted by: trev_uk
williams still have one more swap, according to a source i read earlier, they claimed that magny cours was an emergency and so the FIA agreed with this so they've given them one more driver swap.
Date: August 05, 2004 07:28PM
Well if Magny Cours was an emergency then what about Silverstone?

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 05, 2004 07:50PM
Posted by: Pooky
this is very sad

Da matta has the talent - remember how well he led kimi at silverstone last year for 21 laps

Date: August 05, 2004 08:01PM
Posted by: Imran
remember how he was faster than the ferraris in the first 2 secotrs of his first flying lap in melbourne 2003?
Date: August 05, 2004 09:00PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

young came back tho didnt he? stodart needed his moneys!

Date: August 05, 2004 10:31PM
Posted by: RafaelValenza
This is unbelievable. That is why Toyota don´t achieve any great results. Come on!They have been racing all the season with that poor car , and now, when he Cristiano has the chance to show something with the new toyota, he´s dropped?! Da Matta has the talent guys, but you can´t see him doing amazing races with that poor TF104. He´ll not give up F1, markmy words, he´ll find a seat for next year and he will be great!Sincerely, I prefer Cristiano then Klien, Massa,Heidfeld, Pantano, Sato, Coulthard....
Date: August 05, 2004 10:35PM
Posted by: zymolguy
damatta at sauber ???????

Date: August 05, 2004 11:56PM
Posted by: trev_uk
magny cours was classed as an emergency, so from silverstone thats when actual driver changes took place
Date: August 05, 2004 11:56PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I already said before, the way Toyota operates almosts disgusts Cristiano. He lost the image he had of F1 before joining and during last season, because of the team.
I'm also surprised to hear these news though, I don't care for Toyota anymore.
Date: August 06, 2004 01:27PM
magny cours was classed as an emergency, so from silverstone thats when actual driver changes took place

Well then that changes nothing. they have still used 4 drivers so can't use another this season.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: August 06, 2004 01:49PM
Posted by: Imran
send him to BAR! then when he does well.itll slap Toyota int he face
Date: August 06, 2004 01:57PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
trev_uk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> magny cours was classed as an emergency, so from
> silverstone thats when actual driver changes took
> place

It wasnt an emergancy. They had a driver avalible and therefore it counts.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 06, 2004 04:30PM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
toyota should stop worrying about sacking their drivers and build a decent car
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy