2nd Williams seat between Pizzonia and Gene ->Theissen

Posted by Guimengo 
I doubt theyy would order Mika to go agaisnt his wishes. McLaren arent Ferrari, they do actaully have 2 dricers free to do what they want

And what sort of agenda did Hamashima have when he wrote his column?

->

Probably sour grapes because McLaren moved to Michelin.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
I am sure David wanted to have a look at Mika's data.:|
That doesnt at all have anything to do with what we are saying. That one guy is the only person who seems to have said anything like that ever, and it just happens to be someone related who most likly has bad relations with McLaren

If your going to @#$%& stir, do it properly at least

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2004 09:38PM by DaveEllis.
At ferrari all the efforts are put into michael and rubens comes second, different at mclaren where they are treated equally

In terms of machinery yes. But in terms of support & and showing personal preference to one driver?

"No it's not a skirt"
I think Kimi (and Mika) get more support from Ron Dennis because they are simply better friends (especially in the case of Mika). But i dont think that would make any difference. I Think Kimi and Mika re that much better than DC

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
I am sure David wanted to have a look at Mika's data.:|

I remember coulthard saying in 1998 spa that he saw mika´s data and could say that mika wasnt doing eau-rouge on full throttle

Since Mika got kicked out by Michael right after La Source in Lap 1 right after the start this is no wonder. :p

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2004 10:38PM by Vader.
I think Kimi (and Mika) get more support from Ron Dennis because they are simply better friends (especially in the case of Mika). But i dont think that would make any difference. I Think Kimi and Mika re that much better than DC

Agree entirely that they are just plain better, but I don't think it can have helped DC's confidence at times, knowing he liked Mika better. Don't think some of the things he has said about David in the press would have happened if it was Mika too, Spain(can't remember what year) springs to mind. Was something wrong with DC's car, don't know if he lost position for it or something, and then Dennis slagged DC for having 'brainfade' infront of a worldwide audience. When actually DC had done nothing wrong.

"No it's not a skirt"
To be fair, DC got Ron back by saying in his next interview that Ron must have had a bit of brainfade not to have checked the problem before saying anything...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
That was 2001 just after his plane crash I think, that was easily his most impressive season recently, I still remember his final qualy run at Monaco it was fantastic and he was robbed of the race before it even begun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2004 11:34PM by matthewp.
To be fair, DC got Ron back by saying in his next interview that Ron must have had a bit of brainfade not to have checked the problem before saying anything...

Yea remember that too, what was the actual incident in the race then?!

Just things like that made we wonder how much needle there was, if any, between those two.

"No it's not a skirt"
His car stalled on the grid, same as Monaco. I think Spain 01 was the first race with launch and traction control, Mclaren took a while to get LC to work smoothly.

The problem at Monaco was not the LC itself but the silly way it was programmed. A very daft error

When they were testing the LC they always done an out lap, stopped on the grid and done a pratice start. Therefore, during the out lap it detected wheel spin

In Monaco, they done the out lap, stopped on the grid shut down the system and then started it up again. The LC didnt detect anywheel spin when DC attempted to get ready to start, thought the car was still in the garage and as a percaution, shut down the engine.

It took 5 minutes to re-write the code. A simple saftey barrier in that went wrong

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
matthewp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was 2001 just after his plane crash I think,
> that was easily his most impressive season
> recently, I still remember his final qualy run at
> Monaco it was fantastic and he was robbed of the
> race before it even begun.
>
>
>
>
>
his plane chrashed in 2000, when he was still with heidi wichelinski (someting like that) in 2001, he was already with simone.

and that LC in 2001, from McLaren was terrible. in spain, dc stalled, one race later, mika stalled, after that, in monaco, dc stalled, then, few races later, in france, mika stalled again.

yeah you're right it was in 2000

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy