BAR 2005 - Should be JB/Davidson/ ROBBIE KERR

Posted by Muttley 
BAR 2005 - Should be JB/Davidson/ ROBBIE KERR
Date: July 27, 2004 06:19PM
Posted by: Muttley
Sack Sato, put Davidson in his seat. Then put Robbie Kerr in the third car to show what he can do.

Not heard of Robbie? well he's from my village so i should give him a plug:

1997 Formula First Champion
1998 Formula Renault Star Cup Champion
2001 British F3 Scholarship class Champion
2002 British F3 Championship class Champion

also:
-won two porsche cup races from pole at Brands last year despite never having sat in a tin top racer before
-won last but one round of Clio V6 cup from 16th on the grid, overtaking a total of 50 cars in two 15 lap races.
-is only not in F3000 cos he lost his seat cos of money

He was on ITV at the weekend with BAR's 'race simulation' so would be great to see him in the third car next season. he has 500 times the talent of the likes of baumgartner IMO!
Re: BAR 2005 - Should be JB/Davidson/ ROBBIE KERR
Date: July 27, 2004 06:28PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Robbie Kerr - good idea actually: he deserves a chance.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: July 27, 2004 06:34PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Why sack Sato?

Put Davidson in the Sauber.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 27, 2004 06:36PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
davidson to sauber, dc to williams, and stick some rat poison into schumi's next meal.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 27, 2004 06:37PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Sato to me is becoming more and more like Massa. He isnt qualifying as well as Button consistantly and, tbh, I dont really think he is extracting the maximum from the car.

People said that once he had his podium he would go crazy. Beyond a few good overtakes, I havent seen anything too impressive.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: July 27, 2004 06:53PM
Posted by: theShadow
I'm always amazed when a driver has terrible luck (how many engine failures this year?) and then gets trashed for not producing results. Nobody expected Sato to be on Button's pace but he has been as often as not. A spin in qualifying and an over ambitious passing attempt (in only his second full season, remember) aside, he has exceeded expectations IMHO. I wouldn't compare him to Massa - if his bad luck keeps up I would say he's the new Jean Alesi.

Date: July 27, 2004 07:05PM
Posted by: Pooky
i prefer massa to sato

but sato is quick. sato has been more over the edge than massa this year.
Date: July 27, 2004 07:10PM
MAssa has been terrible if im honest. Whilst Sato has improved MAssa hasnt. He seems to have spent a wasted year at Ferrari to come back and drive the same way.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 27, 2004 07:14PM
i think thats being very harsh

massa has not had as many incidents as sato this year.

remember, sato is in a front line car so it flatters him abit.

we dont see massa much as his car is furhter down the field
Date: July 27, 2004 07:16PM
I dont think it is harsh at all. He hasnt made any real improvements over 2002 except for hes had less accidents, which really isnt hard since he managed to spin 5 times in one race that year

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 27, 2004 07:20PM
not on about silverstone again!

thats all you regurgitate every time we are on massa.

yes i agree he has not improved much. and he needs to start scoring points like fisi.

im just saying sato has not improved either.
Date: July 27, 2004 07:25PM
compared to 2002 i think satos imrpvoed leaps and bounds whilst Massa has sat still. Both have speed but Sato seems to do something with it more than Massa does. I never expected Sato to be equal with button, more on experience than anything else, but compared to 2002 Sato is much better

I use Silverstone as an example for MAssa because its easily the best one. And its rather rich coming from you of all people about regurgitating things isnt it?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 27, 2004 07:31PM
ok ok lets not get too personal here

maybe your right. sato has improved since 2002, and massa has kinda stood still.

but i think its hard to compare them as sato is in a quick car and in the limelight,

massa is in a slower car, and the spotlight is not on him as much so its easy to forget about seeing him and just dismissing him straight away as not improving

out of sight, out of mind kind of thing.

i would like to see every race from each drivers cars and then comment. (in an ideal world)
how about getting rid of button for a year, and by the time he comes back everyone will have forgotten bout him

sorry, i really am bitchy towards him but i h8 his coverage over here

Quote of The Week: "Rearrange these words: Fuk and Off. No Sorry, Off, Fuk" (Attrib: Me)

Music Track of the week: Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
Date: July 27, 2004 07:37PM
It is hard to compare them directly, yeah. No way you can actaully say "sato is better than massa". Im not trying to do that. I just think whilst Sato isnt great yet, he has been improving and still is. Theres more potential.

MAssa has raw speed. Its almost depressing to see him wasting it. Im not sure if hes not trying, or if he cant adjust, or whatever, but he isnt making the most of it. Thats why i think, in terms of future sato has a big part to play and MAssa, if hes not carfull will fade away into nothing if he doesnt start getting better. That last comment sounds like im meanign hes bad, which is not the case. Hes got the makings of a great driver, but if he doesnt use them he might never be more than an average driver.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 27, 2004 08:05PM
Posted by: LS.
Sato is good for entertainment value, and thats something very sorely missed in F1

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 27, 2004 08:47PM
Posted by: reutemann
You brits should think about sth first:

If Button wasn´t british, do you still believe he would be in F1 after Fisi smashed him at Benetton??

Fisi is still the same and Button too, so the same Fisico is smashing Massa and making him looking slow, he´s not bad at all, as well as the Jense.
And I think Sato, Montoya and Alonso are making all the very few excitement we see in F1 these days. His overtaking on Trulli this weekend, was amazing!!! on the outside, on an impossible place, you have to give credit to those moves, coz no one dare´s to make them!!!
Alonso´s starts are great (besides the R24 launch perfection), he sees the gaps, and he takes them. He also made great laps with a damaged car (the same damage as trulli according to Pat Symonds, and you´ve seen where trulli ended up), he´ll have a tough one next year to beat Fisico.
"Button too"

lmao ! to think button is still the same ....

so are you saying fisi is smashingly better than anyone ?
Put Da Matta in the BAR car!!!!! Great driver!!! He can show his value
Sorry to wet your batteries guys but in the end, no driver as improved or failed to improve.

BAR and Honda improved and JB and TS are fortunate to be driving them. Looking at so-called driver performances without taking car performance into account you would have to say that KR and DC failed to improve untill the 19B showed up. RS and JPM have failed and are continueing to fail to improve as WIlliams just isnt there, parr the odd qualy performances offcourse.

McLaren looks much better now with the 19B while Williams will be going nowhere because both their drivers have left and there are no forward development as Willies cannot allow RS and JPM to join Toy and Mac with 2005 Willy secrets.

So wether Sato is better then Davison or Mac is better then Jack, in FOrmula one unfortunately a lot depends what you driving.

All I can say is MS is pretty lonely up there and there is NO-ONE and no real character that can bring life into the action we all so desperately long for.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy