Im sorry Jense...but

Posted by chet 
Re: Im sorry Jense...but
Date: July 26, 2004 08:06PM
Posted by: andrew_S
i think people overlook what else senna did, it wasnt just these insidents, it was with prost against the pitwall, break testing mansell, at monaco, you could even argue forcing mansell of at suzuka 91, he was a driver who played tricks, and collided, quite frequently tbh

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: July 26, 2004 08:44PM
Posted by: Vader
Punching Irvine into the face wasn't exactly nice either. Even if you don't like Irvine and even if Senna had every right to be annoyed at him, this does not justify the use of physical violence. Come on, talking to him like "Hey, I am Senna the God and you are a newbie so stay away from me on the track" - how arrogant is that? Senna even threatened Irvine he would use his influence on the FIA to get Irvine out. With all due respect to Senna, this is very much prima donna like.

Legally his move on Prost is worse than what MS did in Jerez. If JV had been killed they could have convicted MS for manslaughter or rather bodily harm with fatal consequences since his move on JV was spontanous. They could never prove that he had planned to take out JV before the race.

If Prost had died Senna could have been charged with murder since what he did was planned. It would even have been a very severe case of murder since "revenge" is considered a "base motive" and usually does not allow an act of grace.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 26, 2004 08:53PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
He didnt actaully punch Irvine. He took a swing, eddie lent back and fell off the table accroding to Eddie and some Jordan Mechanics

Points still valid tho of course

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2004 08:53PM by DaveEllis.
Date: July 26, 2004 10:48PM
Posted by: Zcott
I think the conversation went like this:

Senna: /goto Irvine
Irvine: wtf??????
Senna: omg u r t3h n00b u fux0red t3h r4c3 d00d
Irvine: wtf omg hahahahahahaha lol rofl!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111
Senna: GRRRRRR WTF N00B HOP3 YOU LI3K HAX0R1NG
Senna: *punch*
Irvine: WTF!!!!!!!!!!11????????????1111111111111111111111111////////?????????
Senna: I R TEH WINNAR

Date: July 26, 2004 10:55PM
ROFLMFAO!

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 26, 2004 10:57PM
Posted by: sasjag
BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 26, 2004 11:28PM
Posted by: chet
LOL, he had every right to punch Irvine, He thought he was cool by keeping Senna behind him!

What some of you are saying is that Senna was dangerous, which is a load of bull (red, that is).

Pitwall) Senna never gave up, Prost shouldve known this and couldve backed off, if Prost had crashed then it would have been his fault as much or even more that it was Sennas fault, as Prost could have backed off.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 26, 2004 11:35PM
To be fair, he didnt deserve a bunch, but he did require putting in his place. Eddie was delbratly pissing off Senna. It wasnt just the passing on the track, it was the smug arrogence he put on as soon as Senna approached him. He had he talked about it normally instead of being an @#$%&, the situation wouldnt have reached the point where senna snapped

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 27, 2004 01:23AM
Posted by: tokiorocha

I don't understand how some people can compare Senna and MS, as a driver or as a man. Senna always tried to be the best, seaching for his perfection on track, while MS only wants to win...

The incidents with Senna and Prost are part of the history of F1 and we can't blame both drivers(well, maybe because at the end everything ended up well).

About the thread it-self, I think that in the future, MS will be remmembered by his 7 titles no matter how did he won them. If he is the best or not, only the people that had the opportunity to watch the races will be able to say but it's very difficult to judge that as the modern F1 can't be compared with the old days...(golden days).

tokiorocha
Date: July 27, 2004 01:27AM
Posted by: LS.
You cant compare for the simple reason senna liked to destroy his team mate, where as michael likes ferrari to destroy his team mates chances of racing him

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 27, 2004 01:32AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
but you have to say that there are very good racers out there today, kimi, jpm, webber, fisi, dc, ralf, rubens, but of course they are in inferior cars.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 27, 2004 01:54AM

senna liked to destroy prost like prost liked to destroy senna, and both were from the same team... and because of that they gave us great battles that we don't see anymore... just imagine MS a barrichelo fighting like senna and prost.... barrichello would be stopped by his team in the first instant.

tokiorocha
Date: July 27, 2004 01:58AM
Barrichello is not good enough to challenge MS in the first instant.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 27, 2004 02:06AM

right, but just "imagine"
well, your're right, impossible

tokiorocha
Date: July 27, 2004 07:05AM
Posted by: Razorsedge

When I think of Senna I get: speed, commitment, accidents and God.

When I think of Schumacher I get: speed, accuracy, metronome and control.

When i think of Jenson, well...I don't think of Jenson. I'm too busy waiting for a Mclaren that works.

That's My two cents!
Cheers.
Date: July 27, 2004 08:41AM
Posted by: Covfan
I thought Berger winded Senna up over the Irvine incident because Senna was drunk at the time?
Date: July 27, 2004 11:44AM
Vader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Barrichello is not good enough to challenge MS in
> the first instant.

right now, no, but when he was challenging Schumacher he wasnt allowed to win. Now that they cant swap them on the track its all done with different stradegies

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 27, 2004 11:47AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Rubens does quite often now seem to be put on an 'alternative' strategy...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: July 27, 2004 12:00PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
That's becuase he just isnt as fast, and can't make these out of sync strategies work like MS can

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 27, 2004 04:29PM
That's actually a good point. You don't only need a good strategy, but also a driver who is able to make this strategy work on the track. Running in other people's back and losing your front wing at the start of a race is certainly NOT the way to make a startegy work.

For me it looks as if Rubens has given up. Irvine did the same, but his character was different. Irvine's way to cope with it was irony, sarcasm and a truck load of ego. He would think "fúck it, as long as I have money, girls and a yacht I don't need to win, plus I look better than Schumi anyway". Rubens, however, does seem to lack that kind of self-esteem. He simply cracked and I doubt he'll ever recover from it.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy