R.I.P. TEAM ORDERS !!!

Posted by _Alex_ 
Re: R.I.P. TEAM ORDERS !!!
Date: January 16, 2003 06:20AM
Posted by: goSantie
Great changes! Might though mean some trouble for the younger unexperienced drivers ... and ok, banning the radio is on one side good, but on the other it's more difficult to warn the drivers if there's a dangerous situation going on ... it's gonna be interesting ...
Date: January 16, 2003 06:39AM
Posted by: Vader
Ban traction control also and then we'll separate the men from the boys...

That's what they are doing.

Ahh, fcuk it, why not stick them all in the 1967 cars from gpl.

As long as they don't end up with cars like this I don'tmind:

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 16, 2003 08:23AM
Posted by: simonsteele
Date: January 16, 2003 08:48AM
Posted by: Chappie
Wow,

I like the changes!!! It will hopefully make the teams a bit more comptetive...at least in the future. However, I do have one concern....I hope they don't go overboard with their standardization of parts mandate. I don't want to be watching the IRL driving road courses.

Of course I'm overgeneralizing here, but one of the reasons I like F1 is the freedoms the teams have in developing their racing technology. I don't expect FIA to ever go as far as IRL standardization, but you never know!! That would suck IMHO. And I'm not a schumi fan, just so you know. : )

Chappie
Date: January 16, 2003 09:28AM
Posted by: _Alex_
and it's interesting, the onbly people who are actaully against these rules are....... ferrari and MS fans.

they know there screwed

This is a bit of a silly thing to say, really. The most likely reason that Ferrari fans will be disappointed, is that it is Ferrari and Schumacher's brilliance which has triggered these rule changes, and the bottom line is effectively that they're there to prevent Ferrari and Schumacher doing the same again. It's just plain stupid to say "they know they're screwed" - I for one am not at all disappointed by these changes, because I'm still absolutely confident in my favourite driver's abilities to win and I think as long as Schumacher is in Formula One, he will be the best by quite a margin.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: January 17, 2003 01:58PM
Posted by: LS.
don't think it can be laid at the door of "schumachers brilliance" as you unbiasedly say.

i think its more to the econimical climate of F1 that these measures are being put into place, to bring the casual fan F1 back who says " theres no excitement, overtaking in F1 etc"

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: January 17, 2003 02:35PM
Posted by: Ellis
i thought last year was an excellent season

Yeah, right, whatever. Its the worst season of F1 i have watched since i began in 93/94.

i think its more to the econimical climate of F1 that these measures are being put into place, to bring the casual fan F1 back who says " theres no excitement, overtaking in F1 etc"

coudnt have put it better myself.

is that it is Ferrari and Schumacher's brilliance which has triggered these rule changes

no, it is NOT the dominance of Ferrari that has made the FIA put in these changes, it is the arrogence of ferrari to allow them to think they cud get away with swapping cars when they feel like it. If Ferrari didnt swap the cars, BUT were still dominant, then the FIA wudnt have to do this, so therefore its got NOTHING to do with ferrari being so far ahead, but the way in which Ferrari impliment the team orders.

It has nothing to do with the dominence at all

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 17, 2003 02:46PM
Apparantly the changes are still not through - the teams have to agree. Jean Twat alread ysaid he doubts the teams will say yes to all the new things.

ITV-F1:

TODT CAUTIOUS ON NEW RULES

Ferrari boss Jean Todt is unsure if teams will agree to all of the FIA's radical F1 regulation changes.

FIA President Max Mosley announced on Wednesday that, because the teams failed to reach agreement on cost-cutting measures, the FIA would force through regulation changes with immediate effect.

For 2003 bi-directional telemetry has been banned along with pit-to-car radios. The teams will not be allowed to work on the cars between qualifying and the race and spare cars have also been banned. Mosley also hopes to get the teams to agree to ban electronic driver aids before the start of the season.

Speaking at Ferrari

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 17, 2003 02:49PM
Jean Twat alread ysaid he doubts the teams will say yes to all the new things.

if they all have to agree then it wont go thro cos Jean Twat wont agree at all, u really thinks he wants to play fair?

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 17, 2003 04:02PM
Posted by: Boils
Just because the championship did'nt go down to the last race doesnt meen the season was boring, apart from ferrari being so much faster, the other teams seemed extremely close, wich made for some very good midfield action in a lot of the races.
Date: January 17, 2003 04:10PM
Erm, like i said, i have been watching F1 since 93/94, and 2002 was the worst of those by MILES. This was the first year i managed to fall asleep, not thro tiredness, but thro boredom. And i done it on more than one occasion too

Date: January 19, 2003 12:49AM
Posted by: Covfan
Date: January 19, 2003 03:37AM
Maybe they try to say the engine itself is an exotic component that has to be eliminated?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 19, 2003 03:43AM
if they all have to agree then it wont go thro cos Jean Twat wont agree at all, u really thinks he wants to play fair?

Jesus, you guys have a serious problem, and it's laughable. Like I've always said it's bitterness and it shows in the bucket loads. As it happens it is not only Jean Todt who is against them, it appears to be most of the teams. Jean "Twat" also happens to be perhaps the most successful and significant team principal that Ferrari has had and that the sport has seen for a long time.

This Jean "Twat" rubbish all comes down to Austria '02 and your basic hatred of Ferrari, which is completely immature, and as I said, comes across as laughable and really quite pathetic. If you would bother to read this month's F1 Racing there is a very in-depth interview with Ross Brawn and it reveals a lot of stuff that you clearly just have no idea happens in the Ferrari team, including how they responded to the reaction to Austria '02, and how they work as a team, and it really impressed me and made me warm to them even more.

like i said, i have been watching F1 since 93/94, and 2002 was the worst of those by MILES. This was the first year i managed to fall asleep, not thro tiredness, but thro boredom.

And who are you blaming, Ellis? You know I reckon I could sit here now and predict pretty much exactly what you would say if Michael Schumacher won in Melbourne. I'm not going to for the sake of humouring you, but hopefully you can see my point.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: January 19, 2003 04:01AM
Unfortuntely it-f1 and TV stations first told us about Jean Todt's refusal of the rule change. I posted this BEFORE they said aa few days later that other teams would object as well.

I pretty much remember myself how Ferrari (as a team) responded to Austria 2002. Four people (Todt, Brawn, Schumacher and Barichello) immediately told us four different versions of what had happened. There was all in it, from "We did not ask RB to move over" to "We asked him to move over right after the second pitstop" and "I was surprised myself" "They asked me a few laps before the end if I would let MS pass". Now tell me, talking bullshit in public, contradicting each other and obviously pulling the leg of all and eveyone - is this how a team (as a team - una voce) responds? Luca DeMontezemollo: "We will never do team orders like that again". Remember? What did he say after Indy 2002?
Come on.

Besides my "Jean Tawt" business does clearly not come from Austria 02 alone. You should know that.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 19, 2003 05:01AM
And who are you blaming, Ellis?

ur taking that in the wrong sense. Im not blaming anyone for having a boring season. Somebody said that this season was good, and mathew laughed, and i said it was the worst i had seen since i started watching F1. You have taken this as an insult towards ferrari and micheal, and for some reason you see to be very paranoid about that (no offence). That comment was unrelated to the topic of Micheal and Ferrari in any way at all, so dont even think about trying to link them.

and well said vader

Date: January 19, 2003 05:20AM
I thought 1988 was rather boring too, if it wasn't for the great battles between Prost and Senna - two drivers allowed to race each other under all circumstances and over a whole season. Still I could do without teams dominating a whole season, even if it was my favourite team.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 19, 2003 06:41AM
You have taken this as an insult towards ferrari and micheal

Well I'm sure you can forgive me given the tone of your post, and the fact that just beforehand you refer to "Jean Twat". How can you not expect me to take the majority of your words to be an insult to Ferrari?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: January 19, 2003 09:30AM
Posted by: andrew_S
Jesus, you guys have a serious problem, and it's laughable.

sometimes i find it very funny how 10 people can be wrong and one right....
Date: January 19, 2003 10:01AM
Tell me exactly what was wrong that I said?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy