The British GP Thread (Expect Spoilers)

Posted by rapid_f1 
Re: The British GP Thread (Expect Spoilers)
Date: July 11, 2004 11:08PM
Posted by: sasjag
97kirkc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @LS yeah isnt it strange that all of MS's
> victories apart from three have been with Ross
> Brawn at the helm? :rolleyes:
>
> I think those three must have been 93 and the two
> in 96 with Ferrari before Ross came in at the end
> of the 96 season and started sorting it out; 96 is
> a pure example of what Ferrari were like without
> Ross Brawn. By Lap 20 at Silverstone in 96 both
> Ferrari's were out.
>
> In France 96 Michaels engine blew on the warm-up
> lap! (and we thought the MP4-19 engines were bad
> :P)
>
> ================================
>

all 3 were in 96... (Spain, Spa, Monza)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 11, 2004 11:26PM
Posted by: LS.
I'm sure when the red lights go out at the race start michael decides that he's just going to drive the car as he see's fit and he switches his radio off

ignoring the pitwall who are reading what all the teams race stradegys are and deciding to change there race stradegy to suit them best for victory

( ross on the radio the michael) .........michael we need you to pit in the next few laps

( michael to ross) .................. no ross, i'm that good i can drive the car beyond its pit in time and run the car for extra laps with no fuel in it

( ross to michael).............. were switching the stadegy to 3 stops because we have calulated that the other teams are on 2 stops and with the short pitlane we can make up the deficit with an extra stop and new tyres

(michael to ross) ahhh fuckit, i dont need your tactical brain and stradegy, just fill the the fuel tank up to the brim with fuel and stick me some worn tyres on and i'll win the race simply because i'm the best driver in the world

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2004 11:27PM by LS..
Date: July 11, 2004 11:40PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
lol! :)

p.s. rory byrne deserves alot of credit.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2004 11:41PM by rapid_f1.
Date: July 11, 2004 11:49PM
dont be silly rapidf1, michael does most of rorys work for him

LS's Tip of the week
Date: July 11, 2004 11:52PM
LMAO!

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 12, 2004 12:27AM
Posted by: anze89
Date: July 12, 2004 01:33AM
Posted by: stadler
Can someone help me here? After the incident between Schumacher and Montoya at Monaco, the FIA changed the rules regarding the safety car. Here's the article.

"Motorsport's governing body has decided to revise its safety car procedures following the incident between Michael Schumacher and Juan Montoya in the tunnel at last weekend's Monaco Grand Prix.

The biggest change concerns how the drivers are warned of the pace car's return to the pits, effectively giving them less warning than in the past. Concerned that, with the lights on the car being extinguished at the start of the final paced lap, the leaders, in particular, began to lap at increasing speeds and also warm their brakes, the safety car will henceforth only turn its lights off at the last moment.

The FIA has also decided that teams will no longer be able to employ the arrival of the safety car to call their drivers in for pit-stops, instead using a similar 'pits closed' system to that running in various US-based championships. Only when the field is formed up behind the safety car, and running slowly, will the pit-lane be 're-opened'. Only cars already in the pits before the safety car is deployed will be allowed to be there until the 'all clear' signal is given.

Neither change will not be introduced until after this weekend's European Grand Prix, making the Canadian GP in two weeks' time a fitting debut."

These changes clearly weren't applied today. The pits weren't closed and the field wasn't formed behind the safety car before everyone was allowed to pit. Also, the article mentions that the lights on the safety car would only go out at the last minute. Not sure if this happened, but we were told that the safety car was to come in well before "the last moment". I was just wondering, did the FIA decide again these changes after this article was written or did they just forget or something?
Date: July 12, 2004 01:56AM
Posted by: ralphi
hmm.. sorry can help you there.. but it thought it was wierd to cuz on the tv it said pitting this lap more then a half a lap before it would actually come in :|

Date: July 12, 2004 03:41AM
Posted by: Vader
I don't think you can hold the help of Ross Brawn against MS. Mansell, for example didn't have a Ross Brawn working for him, but he had a car so full of electronics and driving aids that the only rerason it needed a driver was to have more advertising space for the sponsors. If you say Michael does not win alone you also have to say Mansell didn't win alone and thius his title does not count as much as that of other drivers.

As far as I see it all teams could do the same as Ferrari. It's not that Ferrari has some secret power it doesn't want to share. Everybody could work out good strategies. If the other teams are not clever enough it's their owen fault.

As you all know I am a big McLaren fan. I neither like Schumacher nor Ferrari in general, but this constant bashing gets rather ridicolous, if not annoying.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 12, 2004 07:57AM
no one has said that mansell won in 92 purely because of him, its accepted that the Williams was the dominant team & had the best overall package

Ferrari are enjoying one of the longest amounts of time of dominating, and its laughable to read the same old storys about how michael does it all on his own

LS's Tip of the week
Date: July 12, 2004 11:07AM
Posted by: Boils
The best thing about this GP was that they actaully showed the midfield racing unlike canada and france.

anyone who isnt entertained by the action in the midfield because it isnt for P1 just isnt a real F1 fan, i even liked the minardi's dicing, seen those things from onboard camera? they look so hard to drive!

the midfield is so close that in all the races there is more action back there then at the front... it just doesnt get shown.

notice how the top 5 or so guys for example get to a certain point where they are close to eachother but cant get any closer? im pretty sure its all the turbulant air coming off the cars ahead but it was crazy in canada where all the front runners looked to be exactly the same distance from the car ahead of them!
Date: July 12, 2004 11:31AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
@LS Whoa, i didnt mean it like that! i was only expressing a comment u made thats all. I do have some respect for Schumy and am certainly not a newbie fan.

Date: July 12, 2004 12:16PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
My two cents:

Now this is coming from the bottom of a beer keg, so don't take offence.
Schumacher drove brilliantly on a track where he does not excell. The strategies and competence of the WHOLE Ferrari team are the reason this man is such a winning machine.

Kimi really showed his class( and I'm no fan of the fin) but the downside is it took Mclaren 1.5 YEARS to get back to this point!

Taku (who I like!) was ridiculously slow, and Jenson seems to be in a sulk.

You guys who are 'bored' with F1 x@!# off, you and people like you are the reason they keep changing the fricking rules, you are killing our sport!

So, hang me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2004 12:17PM by Razorsedge.
Date: July 12, 2004 12:29PM
what beer is it you were drinking? heineken? grolsch? carlsberg? or home made one?

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 12, 2004 12:34PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
LOL, actually Kirin. but I prefer a Guinness!
Date: July 12, 2004 12:40PM
and it is also imperative that kimi, rb, jb, jpm, or any others win the title before schumi retires bcos it is gonna be devalued.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 12, 2004 02:04PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I don't think you can hold the help of Ross Brawn against MS.

Nobody is. Its when you see races like France and the MS fans saying "Great drive by Schumi, he was the best he made the win". Well it was Ross's brilliant thinking that got him it. With the other teams, they all seem to do basicly the same thing and alot more of it is the driver. But with Ferrari Ross is just so amazing. He comes up with stuff that nobodoy would think of (4 stops!?) and makes it work. Michael gets alot of credit for wins that Ross has thought up of on the spot

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 12, 2004 03:05PM
Posted by: andrew_S
on the subject of mansell in 92, you have to say, he did have the best car, but it wasnt as good as he showed it to be, he drove that thing way over how fast it should have gone, he was a supreme driver and lets not forget that (and his other close misses!) I feel this is exactly what schumacher is doing this year, again, when he does this its all whoow schumachers stunning, well only he could do this, i have to say, no, lots of people have done in the past, and this mansell example is a prime example, anyway back to the stratergy, yes ross calls it, but schumacher can pull it off, say if rolls were reversed, could alonso pull of the times that schumacher did (disregarding the car, lets say they were in the same car) to win in france or silverstone? i very much doubt it, thats the difference. I hope you see what i mean.

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: July 12, 2004 03:10PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Whether Alonso could do the same sort of times in the same car as Schumacher:

Noone knows, and for me, that is the fun of F1 and these messageboards - people have different opinions, but ultimately noone will know unless it happens!

I personally think Alonso would be close.....;)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: July 12, 2004 03:13PM
Posted by: andrew_S
of course he would be close, but thats the difference, people would have said, rubens would be close, when he signed in 99, the thing is, the difference between those top notch drivers and those "very good" is very small

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy