Formula X

Posted by Sauber89 
Formula X
Date: July 05, 2004 11:03PM
Posted by: Sauber89
ok so f1 is boring this year if you got the chance to compile ur own racing series what would happen i.e tyres pitstops car ect
Re: Formula X
Date: July 05, 2004 11:40PM
Posted by: NickKK
I would take F1 and turn the calendar back 15 years...simple

Date: July 05, 2004 11:56PM
Posted by: Muks_C
go back to '97, and prevent the reg changes that were brought in for '98, ie, grooves, narrower cars.

make the cars safer in terms of sidepod strength, head protection etc., but keep slicks, and the qualy and points systems.

ban fully automatic gearboxes. make the drivers at least have to use paddles to change gear, if not incorporate a sequential stick shift 'box.

stop sanitising tracks, and certainly stop allowing mickey-mouse tracks to be introduced to the calendar.

don't know how good it would be, but they are my thoughts.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 06, 2004 12:22AM
Posted by: chet
I would, I would...., I would...............turn back to 97, but with Jense, Senna, Kimi R, JPM all in the series and NO SHUMACHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The series would be called: Formula Jense, Senna, Kimi R, JPM and NO SHUMACHERS!

LOL :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 06, 2004 12:24AM
Posted by: andrew_S
too be quite honnest mate, we've been having these on going debates about "boring f1" for way longer than the 97 season, yet 97, 8 and 9 were some of the closest and most exciting, so i dont think its nesseserily the reg changes in 97 which we may not have liked, but certainly did shake things up, imho anyway, the boring tag first surfaced in 92, and again in 93, 4, 5 and 6, and not 1 off, but constantly, on the back of 91 that was maybe expected, but some of those years produced as mind numbingly boring races, id say its more lack of competition at the front, than anythnig rules related, intruducing more or different rules just tightens the gap for technical injinuety, lateral thinking, and new ideas, it as it has, become a proccess of continuity, and continual improvement, no one can make the "leap" that used to be possable, and more or different rules will not solve this, it just tightens the gap, we need less rules and more simple, not more and different, imho

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: July 06, 2004 01:13AM
Posted by: Vader
Too be quite honest, mate, we recently have had about ten zillion threads on simular topics. There is even one of these threads still on the first page.

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Another one is here:

[www.grandprixgames.org]

or here:

[www.grandprixgames.org]

or here:

[www.grandprixgames.org]

or here:

[www.grandprixgames.org]

or ................. (ad infinitum)

No offence mate, but as interesting as thi stopic may be - after a few times it gets all stale.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 06, 2004 08:05AM
Posted by: Guimengo
it is a never-ending subject
Date: July 06, 2004 07:43PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

specially with Gui around!

Date: July 07, 2004 12:53AM
Posted by: ralphi
and NEil right up his arse :P

Date: July 07, 2004 05:08AM
And Marko licking his butt :P
Date: July 07, 2004 07:00AM
Posted by: RafaelValenza
I would allow the Purchase of chassis. Imagine Minardi in 2005 with a Renault chassis, at least they will fight for the points all the races. I mean, Minardi has a poor engine, but we must remember that it is the same as JOrdan and Jaguar, and Jaguar has the conditions to fight for points. Its all about the chassis. Imagine Jordan with a BAR chassis. Small teams drivers would have how to prove their value.

And also Fix a Calendar, with INTERESTING TRACKS. It doesnt matter where they are, as long as they have PASSING POINTS...
Date: July 07, 2004 07:21AM
How about that GP2 series? Sounds promising!!
Date: July 08, 2004 10:16PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Hows about you get Formula 1 cars, but have them associated with Various soccer teams. Bringing cars and soccer together, its a completely original idea and i'm amazed no one has thought of it yet...
Date: July 08, 2004 10:24PM
Posted by: geofftswin
It was mentioned a few years back - Premier1 or something the series was going to be called with Man U and Chelsea in the running for being associated with it.
Date: July 12, 2004 09:43PM
yeah, not heard anything about Premier 1 for a couple of years now.

Date: July 16, 2004 12:05PM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
Give them them all the same engine that pumps out 900 bhp give them slicks and semi auto stick shifts. Also give them all the same rear wing and one so you can actually follow a car through a corner.
Date: July 16, 2004 01:13PM
Posted by: andrew_S
shall we call it F3000 too?

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: July 16, 2004 06:51PM
thats exactly what i was gonna say Andrew.

the whole allure and interest in F1 for me is the way that teams BUILD their OWN cars, all over the world, to the same regulations, using whatever methods they like (within reason), and can then all come together and do laps within hundredths of a second of each other.

i find that aspect really amazing.

this is a very unique ting for F1, otherwise it would just be another sanitised single-make series.

thats why i object to buying and selling chassis, although if new teams were allowed to buy years old chassis for their 1st 3 years, then had to build their own, then i wouldn't mind that.

Date: July 16, 2004 08:02PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
hehe just thought of a completly random change to f1...

mandantory engine changes mid-race :)

that'd make the pitcrews work hard :)
Date: July 16, 2004 08:04PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
The cars have customer brakes and customer tyres and engines, arguably the two most important things in F1, so why not customer parts for selected parts? Its no different to other parts. Sauber have an entire customer car.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2004 08:34PM by DaveEllis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy