Poor coverage

Posted by andrew_S 
Re: Poor coverage
Date: July 05, 2004 09:18PM
Posted by: Muks_C
don't they have shoulder/chest padding?

i'm sure i've seen rugby players wearing it when they took their shirts off (calm down Gui).

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 05, 2004 10:16PM
Posted by: Andy Mad
so the rules the same? american football players look like tanks, pretty impressive sometimes...

Date: July 05, 2004 10:25PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
no theyre not impressive. i mean they are big guys but they are not skillfull. just all popstars.

in rugby you have rucks and mauls, lineouts and scrums, you dont in af.
in rugby you cant pass the ball forward, in af you can.
in rugby the game dont stop every 2s, in af it does.

when you see 6ft 6in, 18st of pure muscle, jonah lomu, running at someone with the ball in his hand with prop forwards bouncing off him, thats impressive!

anyway you can find out about rugby union (remember theres another code called rugby league) here:

[news.bbc.co.uk]

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2004 10:29PM by rapid_f1.
Date: July 05, 2004 10:49PM
Posted by: marcl
worst coverage i have ever seen it was almost like we only saw 2 cars the whole bloody race.
Date: July 05, 2004 11:51PM
Posted by: Muks_C
about rugby and american football, in rugby to score a try, you have to make the ball touch the ground, in af i think you just have to transport the ball acroos the line, even if it doesn't touch the ground (i think)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 05, 2004 11:57PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
yes mukus you are correct. in rugby you must apply downward pressure on the ball.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 06, 2004 12:00AM
Posted by: sasjag
lol, rugby and american football are completely different

rugby is free flowing, american football is stop-start-stop-start

american football is also so much more fun

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 06, 2004 12:26AM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
I Have Played Rugby American Football and Rugby League and they all have there Merits but League is the best to play (GO THE RAIDERS!!!)

What happened the French Grand Prix?

And the Bloke who brought up the World Cup

The Poms got nothing with out Wilkinson

Jun 26: Australia 51 DEF England 15

Rock On

The Thunder from Downunder

Date: July 06, 2004 12:28AM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Cricket is @#$%&, more boring than F1. :)

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: July 06, 2004 01:00AM
Posted by: andrew_S
And the Bloke who brought up the World Cup

The Poms got nothing with out Wilkinson

Jun 26: Australia 51 DEF England 15

Rock On

thats the biggest load of rubbish ive heard in a long time, its also very nieve, you fail to mention about 70 or 80% of the team in that game were "new players" different from those that played against australia in the world cup, also this game doesnt counts, its a friendly, we beat you when it mattered boy, and thats all that counts

i also find it so funny this aussie hate/critisism that england are a 1 man wilkinson team, yet, in the world cup final the only reason that it went so far, was the fact that wilkinsons opposite number, the aussie kicker was playing out of his skin, and was the best player on the pitch! how ironic eh? L-M-A-O!

also forget cricket, its played like 2 countrys, well 3, and about 5 more 3rd world countrys!

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: July 06, 2004 01:32AM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
Andrew_S you raise a good Point the Poms did have a few players out but they should have some depth in there side Rathbourne the bloke who did most of the damage was a very late sub who had not played for the aussies much before.

Until the end of Time I Think Aussies and Poms will argue about who is better in the sporting arena Cricket and League we Win Rugby you guys are up at the moment.

Can't we all Just Get along?

Rock on,

P.s Wouldn

The Thunder from Downunder

Date: July 06, 2004 02:44AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Cricket:

Test playing nations:
England
West Indies
Australia
Bangladesh
Pakistan
India
Sri Lanka
South Africa
New Zealand
Zimbabwe (sort of)

So some big nations there - cricket is goooooooooooood!:):):):)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: July 06, 2004 04:31AM
Posted by: gareth
andrew it wasn't a friendly. up for grabs was the cook cup, which england had held since 99 but is now back where it belongs. :p rugby isn't like soccer (sorry 'football';) where internationals are called friendlies- they're test matches and each one is important. england seems to have a habbit of degrading international matches when it suits them and coming up with excuses for why they lost. think 98's 76-0 ballymore massacre and then your second biggest loss from the other weekend, where the usual excuses were trundled out. but no matter what, your best team should always be on the paddock and if that was the best england's got for moment, then take it on the chin and deal with it.
congrats on last november by the way, the better team won.
Date: July 06, 2004 04:46AM
Posted by: gareth
sorry to go on about the footy, but during the england-australia game charlie hodgson was lining up a kick at goal and some wag in the crowd right near him started a chant:

"Jonny would kick it!! Jonny would kick it!!..."

hodgson duly missed the kick and apparently sent the world's darkest look over to that section of the crowd- i think it's gotta go down as one of the best sledges ever.
Date: July 06, 2004 09:31AM
Posted by: montana_uk
I don't know - this was a thread about the poor coverage of the Renault driving around Mangy Cours GP, but it has turned into a thread about any sport in general...:-)

As for whoever was saying about AF players being nothing without the padding...please! I had team mates who were as big (and bigger than) Lomu, and just as quick, with people pinballing of them trying to tackle them. Me - I played Cornerback, so I'm one of the smaller guys... (anyway, digressing again...)

Laters,

Montana_UK
Date: July 06, 2004 11:21AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
well...getting back onto Formula 1 for the moment. I have but four words to say as far as Australian coverage is concerned.

give it to foxtel.

Compare there coverage of anything to that of the FTA boredcasters and and tell me who's better.
Date: July 06, 2004 11:22AM
Posted by: Boils
i noticed this the most at canada, there was overtaking and close racing down the field and we did not see this, my friends who did not watch the race said "how was it?" i said it was a good race if we could have seen the racign rather then the top 5 cars all following eachother around.

in USA it wasnt so bad because there was some action near the front, although we missed out on some good dicing between DC and Webber where DC got past somewhere along the line we never saw.

but once again at the French GP i was pissed off! watching the standings u could see ppl very close or being 1 spot ahead the next time the standings come up and u know they got past as there was no pit stops then...

why watch MS go over the line to win and show replays of RB passing Trulli when u could watch RB, Trulli and Button and then show replays of MS crossing the line..

FFS watch the action in the mid field cause there sure wont be any at the front
Date: July 06, 2004 12:25PM
Posted by: Abstraction
Ice Hockey is da sport. i'm in australia and yet i am still excited by watching a game with fights and big checks :D

Andrew. Australia.
Date: July 06, 2004 02:14PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
I can't believe I missed this entire thread when there's such strong aussie/pom bashing :O

OK, first things first -

you know if you think button's scrap towards the end was the only good scrap in the race, from now on Andrew_s i shall call you Pooky_s

That deserves a complimentary ROFL.

Secondly, Andrew_S, as was so conveniently suggested by The_Ozz_Man, pull your head in! First you criticise Australia for being 'too cheap' to send a commentary team around the world, and then pick out 1 or 2 comments that happened to be from Australians and tear them to shreds...well listen mate, open your eyes up a bit from your naitivity and realise that there is virtually no one on this board who supports James Allen, in fact every race there is a massive amount of bashing to him, from, shock horror, english people! Does the fact that James Allen is English mean that only English people can criticise him?

And I won't go into detail regarding your rugby comments, if you can't see the fact that Australia walloped England when they didn't have Jonny then you're plainly and simply a moron.

Oh oh, and whoever said that cricket is an elitist sport is almost as naive as andrew_S. How can a sport be elitist when prominent nations in the sport (eg India, Sri Lanka, etc) are some of the poorer nations of the World?

Date: July 06, 2004 02:17PM
Posted by: Abstraction
amen :)

Andrew. Australia.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy