Poor coverage

Posted by andrew_S 
Poor coverage
Date: July 04, 2004 02:29PM
Posted by: andrew_S
20 laps in i dont think ive seen another car other than schumacher in the background and trulli a couple of times, this coverage is dire, i wanna know whats going on in the race but i havent a clue cause we arent seeing it...

very poor, im not usually one to complain about this, but its getting stupid..

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Re: Poor coverage
Date: July 04, 2004 03:50PM
Posted by: Fred
i have to agree it was pretty poor, we missed many moves early on and it focused too much on schumacher and the renaults... :(

Date: July 04, 2004 04:02PM
Posted by: FRESCO
i completely agree, the race was made the most boring of the season just because of the converage. if we had seen further down the field it might have not been so bad.

Date: July 04, 2004 04:05PM
Posted by: Pluis
Yeah it was a very poor coverage
Date: July 04, 2004 04:36PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Missed ****** overtaking ******, which was clearly a possibility. I wasnt too happy, but then dont expect much from ITV next week except Button and DC! Rosenthal said as much after the race.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2004 04:42PM by Red Sam.
Date: July 04, 2004 04:40PM
Posted by: LS.
Bernie need to do something about this, sort out the TV director or have someone from ecclestones company involved on a consultancy basis to point out other items of interest during the race that home TV directors would'nt neccesarily pickup on,

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2004 04:40PM by LS..
Date: July 04, 2004 04:41PM
I agree. Bring back Bernie TV, for all the terrestrial channels

RedSam

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: July 04, 2004 05:43PM
Posted by: markko
I agree as well, the coverage was pathetic. The race was boring enough, but they could have at least shown some decent footage.
Date: July 04, 2004 05:49PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Well i gave up! I'm not sitting in front of the tv for 2 hours watching a renault just for my health....surly a set team of people from FOM could do the race coverage everywhere.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 04, 2004 05:55PM
I think part of the TV rights thing that bernie sells around the world to different countrys probably does'nt involve 3rd party race directing

If it did, you can bet your life bernie would'nt have allowed that coverage of the french gp to be run like that

This season is boring as hell as it is & it is'nt helping to promote the sport this way by concentrating on 2 cars for 99% of the race which resulted with (a) schumacher winning again & (b) Schumacher winning again by race stradegy in the pits

LS's Tip of the week
Date: July 04, 2004 06:13PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
If silverstone isnt good, im gona watch the highlights. 2004 has been pathetic, and it isnt helped by half arsed directors who will watch schumacher pissing off into the distance, or the most boring part of the race when theres excellent battles going on down the field.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 04, 2004 06:17PM
What made me laugh is when Rosenthal goes 'sorry you didnt see much of Button or DC - we will make up for that next week!'

LOL! All as bad as each other! Get Bernies TV back, and quick!

RedSam

Date: July 04, 2004 06:33PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

its still going here about 10 to go, Im bored with it.

and you know what made it worse?

Brundle and Allen talking about crap and sounding board until button comes on then they get all excited over nothing. pfft.

Date: July 04, 2004 08:30PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Yea very very poor coverage but it's been like that since after the first 3 races when it went back to the regional directors. ITV usually do a decent job at Silverstone though. Then again with 'Buttonmania' this year they might not :/

Also James Allen, plz stfu. "And Jensons giving the Honda full bananas going down the straight!" <---WTF?! Also on lap 58 of a 70 lap race, "Ross will have to be getting his mid-race banana out so he can think". Superb James, superb.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: July 04, 2004 08:35PM
I can think of somewhere to shove Ross Brawns mid-race banana. And James ALlen wont like it!

Or maybe he will........;)

RedSam

Date: July 04, 2004 08:45PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
As long as it was Ross Brawn or Ferrari endorsed he'd love it.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: July 04, 2004 09:28PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

lol haggis.

Date: July 04, 2004 09:46PM
Posted by: Oleg
The director probably either works for Renault or Marlboro.

A good director can help make races seem more exciting.
Date: July 04, 2004 09:54PM
I definately think that this problem does need adressing certainly, maybe bernie needs to make a few clause in his contracts with the tv companys to provide one of his directors from bernie-vision digital TV to help assist the home race director in his job

LS's Tip of the week
Date: July 04, 2004 09:59PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
i have to agree it was pretty poor, we missed many moves early

What early moves were they then? I only saw 2 "overtaking" moves both by rubens on button and trulli respectively. I was just thinking would it be a good idea or even possible to make a track so wide (and i mean really wide) that there are 2 lines that can be taken into every corner and hence more overtaking going on?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy