No more seperate digital!

Posted by Zcott 
No more seperate digital!
Date: November 22, 2002 08:33AM
Posted by: Zcott
Friday November 22, 03:21 PM

Bernie axes F1 pay-per-view service - official

F1 Tsar Bernie Ecclestone has today confirmed that the digital Formula One pay-per-view television services are to be closed down with immediate effect.

Ecclestone told Reuters: "We have told all of our broadcast partners that FOM [Formula One Management] will no longer offer a separate digital pay-per-view service.

"Over the last six years we have developed very sophisticated outside broadcast facilities and we now intend to focus these resources on providing the best live feed to our free-to-air broadcasters."
BSkyB's F1 Digital+ service in Britainwill therefore cease, as will a similar service provided by Canal Plus in Franceand DSF in Germany.

Germany was the first country to opt for an F1 pay-per-view service in 1995, while the digital service came to Britain for the first time last year.
Pay-per-view take up though was not high and with audiences dwindling, Ecclestone's decision to provide the free-to-air broadcaster with an improved service is a definite plus for the majority of F1 fans. The major problem though is that the minor sessions, such as practice and the warm-up - and indeed all of the sessions on Friday - may not now be covered.

Re: No more seperate digital!
Date: November 22, 2002 09:13AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: November 22, 2002 12:41PM
Posted by: Orpheus
*excellent*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: November 22, 2002 12:42PM
Posted by: Vader
this is Bush' revenge for Ballard! Retaliation time!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 22, 2002 12:47PM
Posted by: andrew_S
thats really bad, i loved my 8 channels, info at touch of a button, and could watch what i want, this is really bad
Date: November 22, 2002 12:57PM
are you a terrorist as well, Andrew?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 22, 2002 01:36PM
Posted by: Orpheus
:P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: November 22, 2002 02:42PM
Posted by: Covfan
I thought the live Autopsy should of had interactive options (Fanzone, Corpse Cam) :-D
Date: November 22, 2002 03:26PM
"That is meant to be a joke btw."

but when will you learn that thousands of innocent people losing their lives is not funny.

Sometimes i really wonder...

Date: November 22, 2002 03:50PM
Posted by: Ellis
@!#$! Bernie you @!#$! Whats the fuckin point in that >:(

Pay-per-view was well worth it!! You actaully got to be your own editor, rather than the pathetic excuse for the ones they gave!

I would pay £12 a race NOT to lsiten to james kiss-ass allen :@

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 22, 2002 04:26PM
are you a terrorist as well, Andrew?

my cover is blown! ;~)
Date: November 23, 2002 04:22AM
You can read? I thought that reading requires the abilty to think.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 23, 2002 04:39AM
LoL vader...that was a great "comeback"

Date: November 23, 2002 02:34PM
Posted by: Doug
I could never afford F1Digital realistically but now when ITV decide not to bother showing Qualifying live because of Corination Street being on, we'll never even have an alternative. (A friend of mine actually did do a one off F1D+ subscription just because ITV were screwing the coverage so much)

Also who's Martin Brundle gonna take the piss out of now? ;\
Date: November 23, 2002 04:41PM
Well, hmm yes hmmm, hy dont the put it on itv2...oh wait a minute that probably pay per view too

Date: November 23, 2002 05:26PM
Cheers Andrew! Another fighter in the worthy cause against America

hey i dont want to be involved, but that was not what i was implying, just feel i have to state that, hehe
Date: November 24, 2002 08:23AM
Posted by: Willz
coverage just hasn`t been the same since bbc1 .
Date: November 24, 2002 01:57PM
Posted by: LS.
coverage just hasn`t been the same since bbc1

BBC1 coverage was @!#$, the only time they put any effort in was when they were the host feed for the british gp.

ITV should be applauded at the effort they have made covering F1 ( ok the adverts are a pain in the arse but apart from that they do a fantastic job with the gridwalks and behind the scenes stuff , i wish they still did the old murray and martin show on saturday teatimes (although it would be james allen & brundle now)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 24, 2002 03:55PM
well bbc1 was quality, it was not quanitity like ITV, itv has more, but less quality, imho, the only other things to say, is that it wasnt usually bbc1 but 2, but the quality was total, music was great, montages were great, steve ryder was great, they had murrey, Jardine (in pit) hunt, then palmer, it was great, ITV just dont have that quality, the intro music, is absolutly terrable, where as everyone knows the chain AS GRANDPRIX racing ITV have done a lot, but i must admit, i prefer bbc....
Date: November 25, 2002 02:36AM
Posted by: Ellis
BBC1 coverage was @!#$, the only time they put any effort in was when they were the host feed for the british gp.

Everyone goes on bout how BBC didnt do any proper pre/post race stuff

Well look at what ITV does.....we get to see the cooking in some of the teams. I have started turning on 15 minutes before the race, because the pre-racre start up normally has nothing to do with F1 at all.

What would you rather see - cooking and other such crap - or uninterrupted coverage?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy