JV'S WILLIAMS HOPES FADING?

Posted by LS. 
JV'S WILLIAMS HOPES FADING?
Date: June 24, 2004 10:30PM
Posted by: LS.
The chances of Jacques Villeneuve driving for Williams in 2005 are fading, according to the latest paddock rumours.

The news has yet to be confirmed but we hear that Craig Pollock, Villeneuve's manager, is pushing to get a drive elsewhere.

The favourite for the Williams drive next year remains Mark Webber but Jarno Trulli,
Giancarlo Fisichella and David Coulthard are also thought to be on the list.

Trulli has popped up on the scene in recent days following stories that there are difficulties in negotiations between Jarno and Renault.

It had been thought that Jarno's re-signing would be a formality but since his victory in Monaco it seems that the Italian has upped his demands and these are rather more than Renault is willing to offer.

It is not clear whether these reports are true or whether this is another attempt to open up a Renault drive for Webber so that Williams will have to pay to get Webber's release.

Trulli might end up at Williams but if that happens Briatore may need to find another driver because Mark Webber is believed to be keen on going to Williams rather than moving to Renault, even if the French team is currently doing rather better.

It is also a vague possibility that Briatore might send over both Webber and Trulli and keep open up a Renault drive for Jacques Villeneuve.

Trulli might have some chance of a drive at Toyota but with Ralf Schumacher already signed up it is thought more likely that the team will go for Olivier Panis again to ensure continuity and then go for Fernando Alonso when he becomes available in 2006 or 2007.

The team wants an experienced race driver and so will not be going for Ryan Briscoe and we hear that Ricardo Zonta is so highly thought of as a test driver that he will remain in that role.

Meanwhile, the possibility of Villeneuve deputising for Ralf at the French GP now looks increasingly unlikely.

It has been strongly suggested that Williams will turn to regular reserve driver Marc Gene should Ralf miss the race while convalescing following his Indy shunt

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: JV'S WILLIAMS HOPES FADING?
Date: June 24, 2004 11:59PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
I hope JV gets a top drive next year, I wouldnt mind at renault but i prefer williams (just personal fanboy tendancy).

It would be a bi daft of Flav not to sign Jarno as the way things are going Jarno might be the only person to win in a car that isnt red this year (I hope not, but hey, Mike is on top form).

You never know, Frank seems to do what he likes when it comes to hiring and firing, I wouldnt be surprised if he did something unexpected!

Date: June 25, 2004 12:22AM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Seems like people just manoeuvering themselves to get them in better positions for their negotiations.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 25, 2004 01:09PM
Posted by: Boils
If all goes well for Gene in the couple races he fills in for Ralph he might get that Williams seat along with Webber or Trulli, as much as i would like to see it happen, i dont think JV will be in a race seat next year.
Date: June 25, 2004 06:40PM
Posted by: chet
Yeah, i want JV to race, hopefully going Goodwood, even at this late stage they have tickets, might see him!
Date: June 27, 2004 01:32PM
Posted by: Palomino
I really don't see Villneuve coming back, he wont be on the pace with the other drivers that williams can get, e.g. Trulli, Webber, Fisichella or even Gene, who i do rate highly.

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy