Noooo...Spa's Been Axed!!!!!

Posted by simonsteele 
Noooo...Spa's Been Axed!!!!!
Date: October 25, 2002 11:04AM
Posted by: simonsteele
The legendary Spa-Francorchamps circuit is to be axed from the 2003 F1 calendar, it is reported.

Team bosses agreed at a meeting on Thursday that the Belgian Grand Prix should be struck off the itinerary for 2003, according to news agency Reuters.

It means that there will be 16 races on the calendar next season, instead of the 17 there have been in recent years. However, the reduction is likely to be only temporary as both China and Bahrain have been promised grands prix from 2004.

Team bosses made the decision at a get-together on Thursday ahead of the crucial Formula 1 Commission summit on Monday. They hope that the move will be rubber-stamped at next week

Re: Noooo...Spa's Been Axed!!!!!
Date: October 25, 2002 12:36PM
Posted by: LS.
oh for @#$%& sake!!!!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 25, 2002 01:39PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
@#$%& hell, I will take over the FIA if nothing is done. Bunch 'a twats :p

Date: October 25, 2002 05:48PM
Posted by: Boils
why dont they just wait till 2004 to axe spa, least then there wont ever be less then 17 races.

I dont really mind that spa is gone now, i mean eau rouge is taken flat now so u dont see anyone crashing trying to take it flat.

but it is a good circuit and i dont like the idea of only 16 races next year.
Date: October 25, 2002 10:16PM
Posted by: mortal
Money....it's all about money ;-/ team bosses would be only too happy to drop a race given the amount of money it's costing them to run a season. If it doesn't earn them the tobacco advertising revenue its the first to go. Tobacco advertising revenue is fast becoming the bad guy, not only in F1 but pretty much everywhere, except for the middle and far east. Teams need to find better and more maybe friendly sponsorship money. Needless to say the team bosses will send their cars out in full tobacco livery in China ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: October 25, 2002 11:37PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
That is bullshit. I'm sure they could fix the problems with SPA and keep it. It's one of the best tracks. Get rid of bore fest Monaco for f*cks sake. Geez what a bvunch of moron's.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: October 26, 2002 12:28AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
oh buga :( ... i liked that track :@

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC &amp; GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: October 26, 2002 03:42AM
Posted by: simonsteele
Just thinking, not all the teams would have wanted it to go. I see no reason why Jag, Minardi, Toyota, Williams and Sauber wouldn't want to go there, none of them are affectedby the tabacco advertising.

But that would make it 5/5 for/against, but then Sauber would have gone with whatever Ferrari went for

Date: October 26, 2002 04:23AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
I seem to remember that all the teams had to be pro on this one. So it's looking really bad...
Date: October 26, 2002 04:42AM
Posted by: Ellis
"It's one of the best tracks"

its THE best track

"I dont really mind that spa is gone now, i mean eau rouge is taken flat now so u dont see anyone crashing trying to take it flat."

its not about 1 corner, its about a fantastic track. Its a REAL track, none of this manufactured crap!

FIA suck this really is the last straw for most F1 fans. They have now taken away the best track in F1, and the best set of corners too!

@!#$ @!#$

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 27, 2002 09:42AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
130r.. wots so special bout that ? :p

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC &amp; GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: October 27, 2002 11:46AM
Posted by: Morbid
Quote: "Spa, one of the most popular tracks on the F1 calendar, is paying the price for the Belgian government

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: October 27, 2002 09:36PM
Posted by: Morbid
Ovals?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: October 28, 2002 05:32AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yup, oval racing, and oval racing is normally rather good

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy