Posted by assadof1 
Re: best of the rest this year
Date: June 16, 2004 04:50PM
Posted by: Vader
rapid_f1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and wats ur opinion of schumi?
>

Since we are talking about the "best of the rest" you can figure it out yourself.

Even if I don't like him there is no way denying that he and Ferrari are currently the best package on the grid.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 16, 2004 08:46PM
Posted by: The Lopper
What about heidpheld? Going along nicely in a really shite car. But i have to say, that despite Button having more podiums, Taku has impressed me more. He has been really unlucky in the last phew races.
Date: June 16, 2004 10:39PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
I'd agree with your top 3 best of the rest apart from Sato. He is still only really showing potential, not fulfilling it. So in my humble opinion, cannot be included as 'best of the rest'. I get the impression Fisi could win a championship in a minardi and you wouldn't be impressed Vader :P I reckon if Massa started driving smoother he would actually be slower than he is. But hey, go on rating him highly, just makes Fisi look better :P

Anyway, my top 3 would have Trulli, Fisi & Button.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 16, 2004 10:46PM
Fisi has been in F1 for 9 seasons now and no top team has ever shown any interest in him. If he really had the potential to win the championship somebody in a responsible position would have noticed. Massa had been Ferrari test driver - so the Scuderia obviously rates him more then Fisi. From all what i have seen of him and compared to tons of other drivers I have seen since the 70s, I don't think Fisi is anything special. he is certainly not bad, but he isn't amongst the best. Besides Fisi is 31 now - not exactly a young gun anymore. Time is running out for him.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 16, 2004 10:56PM
Larini, Badoer and Burti have all been Ferrari test drivers too, they are all shat! Besides, Ferrari taking on Massa as test driver last season probably has more to do with their 'special' relationship with Sauber. I will buy you a pint, maybe even two, if Massa ever drivers for Ferrari :P

Yea time is running out for Fisi but i'm adamant that he's much more deserving of top seat than DC & Ralf. And i'd argue he deserves it more than Webber, Villeneuve, Rubens and Button. But there ya go, I hope he does get a chance, even if i'm to be proved wrong.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 16, 2004 11:02PM
Posted by: Red Sam
I always thought Burti was not too bad, unfortunately your confidence cannot be at its highest when a senior member of your team announces that you will be replaced for the next season before that season has even begun! Niki Lauda was an idiot, and Jag treated him badly.

After he went to Prost, he had awful luck, which culmulated in that huge smash at Spa, which Martin Brundle said later he 'thought he was commentating on his first fatality.'

Burti = talent scuppered by bad treatment, then bad luck.:(

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 16, 2004 11:19PM
I don't think Burti is shít either. I also don't think you can blame Lauda for Burti's treatment at the Jags. I think Lauda is one of the most upright characters in F1.

Villeneuve came as a champ to Williams from the USA and did win the title in his second year. Fisi has nothing really impressive on his career card.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 16, 2004 11:32PM
Yea I know Burti isn't shat. But you get my general point about being a Ferrari test driver. When was the last time one actually ended up racing for them and/or being v good?

I'm pretty sure Fisi could have won the title in his second year at Williams :)
I'd say Fisi's whole record against any teammate he's ever had speaks for itself. I did a big post detailing every season since '97 for him. Will find it if anybody wants a peek.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 16, 2004 11:50PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Webber and Alonso aren't shining this year, but I still think they're quality drivers. Webber is a very intelligent driver, as well as being fast. During 2003 it seemed as though he had that Schumacher-esque ability to reserve a certain amount of his concentration for other factors, enhancing his race craft. He made intelligent decisions with tyres and things like that. Similarly, I do not think we have seen Alonso's true potential at all this year. He also has demonstrated incredible racecraft - Spain last year wasn't voted F1 Racing's "Drive of the Year" for nothing. He was consistently blisteringly quick, and really kept Michael honest. He could slam in the fast laps just when he needed to. Seldom do we see anyone other than Schumacher doing that.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 16, 2004 11:56PM
True, but why is Trulli showing him the way this season more often than not? When was the last time he outperformed Trulli for a weekend btw? I'm thinking Australia?

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 17, 2004 12:46AM
Posted by: andrew_S
schumacher isnt the only one to do that though alex, id say a lot of drivers cam, id also say its one of the most overhyped part of his driving!

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: June 17, 2004 01:24AM
Posted by: LS.
During 2003 it seemed as though he had that Schumacher-esque ability to reserve a certain amount of his concentration for other factors, enhancing his race craft. He made intelligent decisions with tyres and things like that

funny that, Senna displayed all of those traits yet the schumacher fans never refer to michael as dislplaying sennaesque abilitys

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 17, 2004 01:29AM
Posted by: Zcott
I suspect a lot of members of this board can relate more to Schumacher than Senna.

Date: June 17, 2004 01:43AM
funny that, Senna displayed all of those traits yet the schumacher fans never refer to michael as dislplaying sennaesque abilitys

i would include mansell, prost, and piquet in that too, plus more..prost was even better than schumacher or the rest at it...

Date: June 17, 2004 01:57AM
Posted by: BigD
LS. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> funny that, Senna displayed all of those traits
> yet the schumacher fans never refer to michael as
> dislplaying sennaesque abilitys
>
>

Probably due to Michael being around now and not a lot of people would remember Senna. I only became an F1 fan in 1994, so Senna was more a legend that a racer i saw a lot of.

I think we could all agree that watching more Senna vs Schumacher would have been great, but theres a whole other thread right there......
Date: June 17, 2004 09:53AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
LS why do you always have to sh!t stir whenever anyone makes a comparison between any driver and MS?! It gets a bit dull tbh.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 17, 2004 10:20AM
Posted by: _Alex_
isnt the only one to do that though alex, id say a lot of drivers cam, id also say its one of the most overhyped part of his driving!

LOL - I respect your opinion and everything but it is the part of his driving that often wins a Grand Prix. Call that over-hyped if you want!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 17, 2004 10:27AM
Posted by: LS.
@ qwerty, i did'nt delibrately setout to stir it, but what i said i stand by,

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 17, 2004 11:09AM
Posted by: Pooky
just noticed lol vader your sig quote

The Blues Brothers!!!!!!!!!!! my FAVOURITE movie of all time!!! Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi
Date: June 17, 2004 11:36AM
isnt the only one to do that though alex, id say a lot of drivers cam, id also say its one of the most overhyped part of his driving!

LOL - I respect your opinion and everything but it is the part of his driving that often wins a Grand Prix. Call that over-hyped if you want!

thats all very well and good, but its not un normal my friend, id go and watch, prosts win at mexico 90 for instance, or infact most other races of the 80s and before, when drivers had a lot more to think about than that have now, schumacher has his lap dogs in the pits working everything out for him, drivers like prost, mansell, senna, had to work work with fuel mixtures, boost levels, fuel conservation, tyre concervation, optimum pitstop time, as well as winning races and beating there rivals and teammate, and beating each other, its all well and good that you say schumacher has this ability, but its no diffferent to what many other drivers have, to say schumacher has a unique ability, is just like saying the world didnt start untill schumacher came allong...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy