Shangai 2004

Posted by Lilletto 
Shangai 2004
Date: October 15, 2002 11:42AM
Posted by: Lilletto
Here we go another GP and another track designed by....have your guess...
YES! Him!
Mr. Tilke must have a mafia connection with Bernie and Max.
Almost one third of 2004 season shall be run on his tracks.
If one has half decent brain should realize that each track should be unique, have his own feeling, and face drivers with different challenges.
I think we should start counting this guy as one of the premiere causes of F1 downfalling.

Re: Shangai 2004
Date: October 15, 2002 12:45PM
Posted by: _Alex_
I disagree. He obviously has a lot of talent for designing Grand Prix circuits. No way should we count him as a cause for F1's apparent "downfall".

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: October 15, 2002 03:58PM
Posted by: Zcott
NO! PLEASE NOT ANOTHER HERMAN TILKE TRACK!

There's no need for all the F1 circuits in the world to be designed by one person. That's just wrong. Even if some guy scribbles down a layout, and Tilke works around it, that's ok. But all his tracks are modern, sleek, dull, and sterile.
Date: October 15, 2002 05:49PM
Posted by: LS.
Yes but he totally wrecked Hockenheim didn't he. Although it was a boring track at least there was the odd chance for overtaking and also he turned a boring track into an even more boring track, the new Hockenheim is a disaster for overtaking., the only good place to overtake is into the hairpin.

yeah and the ironic thing is that these measures were put in place to allow for more spectators to see their favourite son in action

when in reality the team he drives for has taken the piss out of the sport by planning who will win

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 15, 2002 11:53PM
Posted by: GForce
has anyone seen or have a plan for the layout of the Shangai circuit or know where i can find a copy?
Date: October 16, 2002 02:05AM
Posted by: Ellis
"Yes but he totally wrecked Hockenheim didn't he"

he took out long boring strights and put in some corners - why is that a bad thing? Hockenhiem rarely produced good racing, and it only did in 2000 cos of rain and a lone spectator

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 16, 2002 08:42AM
The thing about F1 is that these cars are supposed to be some of the fastest racing cars in the world, yet all these new layouts don't enable them to go super-fast like they used to. I hope they never change Monza! Well, maybe apart from changing the layout of those chicanes.
Date: October 16, 2002 09:08AM
So true Zcott, and so sad :(

Date: October 16, 2002 09:11AM
Wots the use in having fast tracks but crap racing?

BTCC - slow(ish), yet fantatic racing

Same with DTM

F1 is so boring compared with these

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 16, 2002 09:18AM
Well, you don't have to watch it...:P

The tracks don't have any character these days. There's only a few tracks which really show who is best - Spa and Monaco. Those are the two real driver's circuits left. Monza is great because it shows just who has the fastest car.

Imola also shows that DC can be good.

The racing this year was no better at Sepang than in Brazil, Barcelona, or Belgium. So why not have another circuit like Spa, or another like Monaco? Or another like Monza? Or something different?
Date: October 16, 2002 09:22AM
dont get me wrong, i want good tracks - but hockenhiem wasnt one - fast speeds doesnt always mean exciting racing

nothing agsisnt other tracks, just hockenhiem

Date: October 16, 2002 05:10PM
Here's a link to a small map of Shanghai:

[uk.sports.yahoo.com]

It looks very Tilkesque. And there's a stupid, unnecessary double hairpin.
Date: October 17, 2002 01:10AM
Posted by: Boils
Best race of the year in my opinion was...

the new hockenhiem.

there was a fantastic battle with JPM and Kimmi and there was 4 cars trying to outbrake eachother into the hairpin and there was a huge line drivers from like 6th to last.

if all the tracks are like the new hockenhiem i wont care.
Date: October 17, 2002 01:12AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Shanghai looks fantastic! I can't wait to see a Grand Prix on that track.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: October 17, 2002 02:29AM
Looks very "fake"

Date: October 17, 2002 02:57AM
Sterile and artificial.

Date: October 17, 2002 03:32AM

The double hairpin at the top is stupid. The cars do almost 360 degrees!! The theres another one down the right hand side! the only bit i like the "s" shape in the middle on the right.

The rest looks stupid

Date: October 17, 2002 09:31AM
Posted by: LS.
are'nt the new plans for indy to reshape the track and cut out that stupid double hairpin?

why include a similar thing in a new track?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 17, 2002 09:39AM
So you don't miss it.
Date: October 18, 2002 06:31AM
"that indy is just an old map from a john edwards ammendment for gp2"

go back to the corner david, The indy map hasnt been posted here.

And if you knew anything about F1, you will know that Tony George said the double hairpin will come out of the track

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy