The Canada 2004 Thread! [Expect Spoilers during Weekend]

Posted by markko 
my guess is this.. rubens was threatining michael and so he slowed as to compramise rubens race..

What an absurd comment.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
yeah i agree, why would he do that?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Don't give me that rubbish about MS passing in the pits because that is the state of F1 these days. Your either a born racer or not. Montoya and Kimi are born racers and do their fighting on the track. Michael prefers the perfect record and plays safe race after race by letting the pits do all the work for him.
Michael is probably the dullest champion F1 has ever ever seen. END
Wow, on second thoughts, your absolutely spot on there Tetsuo!!!

"No it's not a skirt"
Yes, Tetsuo. That really explains why Schumacher is completely dominating the sport. Could it be Ferrari have realised the true esscence of modern era F1, and play to the requirements of the game. Define a number 1 driver, back him, and utilise pit-stop strategies to allow your driver to blow everyone else into the weeds with a clear track in front of him.

Meanwhile the rest gasp and wheeze in a comedy of errors, bumping into each other, falling off the circuit, fumbling thier pit-stops. Your 'born racers' are like the Harlem Globetrotters, while ferrari just prefer to run in and DUNK!:-)
TETSUO - Do you bump into things frequently when you walk????????
Well explain why Ferrari want to delay the new quali rules while they build a car with a larger fuel tank?
The thing can only hold about 20 laps worth of fuel
Instead of building a car to race, Ferrari have built a car around this years rules. It's not even drivable with 20 laps worth of fuel in. Watching MS flap at the wheel this weekend as he waited for the fuel load to come down was probably the only highlight of the race.
How can you beat a team that isn't trying to beat you but is trying to beat the system week in week out.
-{TETSUO}- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> How can you beat a team that isn't trying to beat
> you but is trying to beat the system week in week
> out.
>

you can't, thats why ferrari is dominating, thus, making F1 less enjoyable for fans of other teams.

All this Ferrari conspiracy stuff shows how naive a lot of F1 fans can be.

Regarding slowing Rubens down, even a team as focused on their number one driver would not deliberatly slow down their number two driver. What would happen if Michael had got a problem or hit the wall like in 99? No team would compromise still having a chance of winning if something happened to the other car.

Secondly, as for Ferrari making f1 less enjoyable for fans of other teams, this is not at all their fault. The reason that Ferrari are dominating is that they have done a much better job this year with the F2004 and Bridgestone have raised their game. You cant blame a team for doing a better job. F1 is a technical challenge and is as much a competition for the engineers as it is for the drivers.

Thirdly, as for Michael not overtaking everyone like Montoya or Raikkonen, he didnt in Canada as it was obvious in practice that Williams, BAR and Renault had serious qualifying pace. The smart thing to do was to run heavy, knowing the car had good race pace. Michael's talent of handling a difficult car was plain to see as he was heavy and still keeping up with the three stoppers. It takes more than being able to put a good move on someone to be a great champion. Of course, everyone wants to see overtaking, but with current rules, especially aero, its not possible.

If you guys can remember back to Grand Prix pre-2000, how many people wanted a Ferrari Champion and now the same people call them cheats and what not.

I think some people on here need to realise that Ferrari are doing what is necessary to be World Champions within the current regulations and way of the sport.

Oh, and dont even get me started on anything along the lines of the FIA kissing Ferraris Arses or anything.....
Instead of building a car to race, Ferrari have built a car around this years rules

Lol yea stupid Ferrari, imagine designing their car to be optimised around the current regulations!! The fools! Should have a fuel tank to hold 300 laps and a parachute coming out the back.

"No it's not a skirt"
BigD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh, and dont even get me started on anything along
> the lines of the FIA kissing Ferraris Arses or
> anything.....

its quite obvious, not kissing yes, but why does it seem FIA are nicer to ferrari then others, i don't hate ferrari, there my 2nd fav team but i prefer competitive races then dominance.

Andrew. Australia.
Abstraction Wrote:

> its quite obvious, not kissing yes, but why does
> it seem FIA are nicer to ferrari then others, i
> don't hate ferrari, there my 2nd fav team but i
> prefer competitive races then dominance.
>

I think everyone prefers competitive races, but my point is that its not Ferrari's fault they are dominant, its up to the engineers of other teams and drivers to push their respective teams to challenge Ferrari. Look how many times you read that Michael is more behind his engineers than anyone else.

Every team on the grid wants to beat Ferrari and every driver wants to beat Michael. Not having them there would sure enough increase competition but the question "would they have done it if Michael was still here?" would remain.

The only way that F1 is going to get more competitive is if Williams, McLaren and the rest step up their performance or there is a major shakeup of the rules.

Give a thought that we may also be witnessing one of the greatest drivers in the history of the sport, so lets appreciate his talents while they are here...

well said BigD.

many people say 'ignore ferrari and we have a great championship', but the fact is that they are there, so you can't ignore them.

how happy would all buttons fans be if he was in michaels position, but at williams, and winning everything in sight, with a lap-dog of a teammate? you would love it.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
about Massa's accident, have you read this from F1-Live:

While the end of the crash was recorded on television, showing the Sauber hitting the tyre wall head on - almost at full speed - the car initially brushed against the left side protection wall of the track, sending off a cloud of dust and debris.

Upon impact, the left rear wheel - including the tyre, hub and brake assembly and pieces of the control arm - flew straight up into the air with amazing force, high enough to clear over the protection fence in front of grandstand 15, which is located in front of the hairpin.

For a moment it appeared that the wheel was heading straight into the crowd but it first landed on the ground in front of the grandstand... but its "flight" wasn't over yet. This huge chunk of debris touched the ground and then bounced back in the first rows of the grandstand, the spectators frantically moving away to avoid being hit by the object.

Witnesses report that the wheel made contact with at least one person but no one was seriously injured.

The sharp pieces of broken carbon fiber and the heavy mass of the wheel flying in the air straight into the crowd was a scary sight. Fortunately, the very dangerous high speed of the debris was slowed down dramatically before it reached the crowd. Motorsport will always be dangerous... and not only for the drivers.

---------------------

could have been a lot worse, butluckily it wasn't.

Yeah I read that too :|

Michael is probably the dullest champion F1 has ever ever seen

I don't know how you can say that. You know he can race. Look at Indianapolis 2000. He had everything to lose in those opening few laps, and he even knew that Coulthard had a penalty. He could have waited a couple of laps for the McLaren to pull off, but he risked passing Coulthard, and did so in one of the finest overtaking moves I've ever seen. Don't even try telling me Schumacher is a dull driver.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
_Alex_

I agree with you, but i think that people always think that the grass is always greener. Michael is the only guy who has been able to challenge those in significantly better cars, see 1996,97 and 98. Without Michael, 97 and 98 would have been as boring as now.

people think Michael is dull!??

how dull was Mika, and how dull a champ will Kimi be if he ever does it?!!!

but being exciting/dull doesn't matter, the results on track matter the most.

montoya is exciting/interesting to listen to when he talks, but he hasn't done much on the track yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2004 06:01PM by Muks_C.
"Angggghh. He broke my @#$%& head! You @#$%& idiot!"

"No it's not a skirt"
There's a difference between this year and 2003 - ferrari dominated both, but the team play is the key I think. We may not like this team number 1 and 2 mentality ferrari take with their drivers - and in 2003 this (and in fact 2002) had an impact on the racing, because Barrichello wasn't on a few occaisions allowed to win, and had to help Michael. This year the relationship is the same - but Rubens isnt in a position where it actually matters, as he is simply not as fast as Michael.

This is the difference - Muks said if it were button we'd be happy, but I certainly wouldn't - if it was like in 2003 / 02. But if it was as this year, yes I'd be happy - JB would be beating Sato regardless of team hierachy - and this is true of ferrari, Michael may have the advantage of No1 at Ferrari, but right now that isnt the issue. I'm just blown away by MS' pace - if RB is the indicator of the basic pace of the car, MS seems even faster., all credit to the guy.

But I do feel that a lot of ferrari fans are somewhat blinkered - I know that works both ways - in that they often seem to think MS is the best at everything, and that is a point we can easily dispute. For example - we know he CAN overtake, but we rarely see it. Whether this is partly due to the state of the regulations is irrelevant, we see other doing it, or at least attempting it! At the same time there are elements of michael's driving in which no one comes close, chiefly in that he is much more 'switched on' mentally, as well as raw pace over a sustained period (in / out lap, or Hungary 98).

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy