> football (kick off 7:45 i belive), and im sure ITV
> wont be stupid enough to miss out the last few
> laps of the race and then do the full 30min build
> up. Surely the build up will be cut into to finish
> the race
>
>

I would think so, or retribution from fans and bernie would be swift

i watched the boxing last night on skysports 1 and it was scheduled for 10pm ( ricky hatton fight) and the programme before it was live speedway & it over ran by 10 mins, so the hatton fight had to wait until sky was ready

wonder if itv asked bernie to bring the race forward :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: yep you guessed it
Date: June 13, 2004 05:05PM
Posted by: Muks_C
guys, the race starts at 5:30 UK time, so it should be well over by 7:15, it normally doesn't take 1hr 45 mins at canada, so we should see the whole race, with maybe shortened post-race stuff, unless there are many saftey cars or a red flag or rain.

we didn't see the press-conference at nurburgring 2 weeks ago though, and that was at the more conventional time..

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 13, 2004 10:59PM
Posted by: jginete
Oh really? You boys don't have qualy? OMG! Let me explain you something:this year, in Australia, we had qualy and race. In Malaysia we only had race. Today, we didn't have the race. Now if you're crying cuz you don't have the qualifyingm think i would be way worse if you didn't have the race...

Date: June 13, 2004 11:04PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
once AGAIN, this isnt about how our coverage compares to others, but the standards that ITV promised us

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 14, 2004 12:52AM
Posted by: LS.
ITV did piss me off today, constant references to the football ( which by the way i love) there was no need to leave the F1 coverage to link up with the football pundits to plug the game, its been in the papers often enough this week!!

and that twat jim rosenthal coming back from that link wearing an England baseball cap was'nt called for

i can understand ITV switching to ITV2 for the post race stuff because of program schedules with live sports though

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 14, 2004 12:59AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I agree. I know football is the main sport, and will get priority, but this was the F! show, not the football show. Footy was gona get its fame afetr the program, there was no need to have it filling up the F1 show, considering they were already cutting the F1 short to fit in the football anyway!

I know, footys the main sport, but dam, some moderation needed from ITV

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 14, 2004 02:09AM
Posted by: Hova
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> once AGAIN, this isnt about how our coverage
> compares to others, but the standards that ITV
> promised us
>
>

Since when did we start posting on topic in this forum :P

Anyway, that does sound a bit harsh. F1 comes along one a week or so, football is forever :P. It wouldn't hurt them that badly to keep some of that stuff for the F1 coverage.

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Date: June 14, 2004 04:47PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
The ITV pre-race coverage was indeed bouk inducing stuff. Especially the Jenson-i-don't-have-clue-waht-i'm-talking-about-Button v Panis football square up!

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 14, 2004 05:50PM
oh god, you're right about that! Jensons probably never watched a game in his life! but i guess ITV had a great idea to do a bit of cross-promotion. nearly made me puke!

Jenson: "We've got Owen, Rio...oh wait, we haven't got him!" (yes Jenson, Rio has been banned for months)

Panis: "We've got Zidane, Henry, Vieira, Barthez, etc etc." (he didn't say this, but he would have flattened buttons jibe at the french)

The ITV2 coverage went on till about 7:40pm. Jim and TOny were indeed sat in the paddock, and Jenson joined them.

It was funny when jim said who's this?(referring to jenson), and jenson replied "Jason Burton". people who don't fully follow F1 probably call him that, like Damian Hill.

they also showed the press conference. Rubens genuinely seemed really happy, i thought he would have appeared to be really pissed off, because he couldn't, or wasn't allowed to pass michael.

then rubens made some sort of excuse for not passing, saying he tried, but michael went round the outside or something, and kept the position.

Date: June 14, 2004 06:04PM
He would've been referring to when Rubens for once managed to take a decent line round the hairpin and got in Schumacher's slipstream down the staight towards the final chicane. Rubens moved out and was going down the inside but Michael braked late and went round the outside of the chicane.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 14, 2004 06:15PM
yeah, thats is what i thought, but watching it again, he really didn't try to pass him, he just moved to the right, then back behind michael. michael appeared to take the same line he always took.

Date: June 14, 2004 07:20PM
When I watched it Michael seemed to be visibly braking later, and thus took longer to get into the apex of the corner than normal.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 14, 2004 07:43PM
well either way, rubens' attempt was half-hearted at best. if he seriously wanted to pass michael, he could have done so.

Date: June 14, 2004 08:10PM
Could he? Same car, same tyres, same engine. Michael kept a train of 3 faster cars behind him last year when had hardly any brakes, so why couldn't he keep Rubens behind in a car that was in a lot better shape?

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 14, 2004 11:38PM
he was a lot closer to michael than a car usually is when its normally trying to overtake. michael looked slightly worried too, kept checking his mirrors and looked uncomfortable until rubens pitted. i think had he made a lunge up the inside, if michael was half-expecting it, he obviously wouldn't have fought it.

its just that it looks bad on them, with rubens apparently being so much faster during those laps. everybody will (quite rightly) say he wasn't allowed to pass, and they'll slag ferrari even more. it would have been a good move had rubens committed to a passing move, and got past. he really doesn't have many excuses afterwards, because he was right with him. if he was 5 seconds away, then no-one would question too much, but he was right on his tail, so its a tricky situation for all involved.

Date: June 14, 2004 11:58PM
Posted by: _Alex_
everybody will (quite rightly) say he wasn't allowed to pass, and they'll slag ferrari even more.

It's a vicious circle. Had Rubens passed, it may have been team orders...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 15, 2004 12:26AM
exactly.

being teammates who are also good friends, they're not going to fight with each other as they might with other drivers.

so if rubens had tried a move, michael would have jumped out of the way to avoid a collision, but hten everybody would say michael let rubens gp past, so they're manipulating results again.

rubens didn't/couldn't get past, so people say he wasn't allowed to, so they're in a no win situation.

best way would be for them to be at least 20 seconds apart at all times.

Date: June 15, 2004 12:39AM
Posted by: LS.
so if rubens had tried a move, michael would have jumped out of the way to avoid a collision, but hten everybody would say michael let rubens gp past, so they're manipulating results again.

rubens didn't/couldn't get past, so people say he wasn't allowed to, so they're in a no win situation.

thats what happens though when on a regular basis ferrari take the piss out of the sport, you have to expect it when thats how they have conducted themselves for the past 8 years

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 15, 2004 03:37AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Ah but didnt Panis predict 2-1 to France......;)

THe thing that annoyed me was that they were so keen to get to the football that they spoke and cut away during the national anthems.

30 seconds more would have been fine - show some bloody respect ITV!!!hot

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 15, 2004 05:10AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
There is one simple way to solve all this programming argument. Simply start your own TV and buy the rights to F1. Then you can do what ever you want with it.

I'm from Australia, and in comparison to you Brits, we have it sh*t. the only good thing is that we get ITV commentary from the track (even if it is dubbed over on occaision by the two twits in the studio in sydney who feel that they need to say the same thing that martin did just 30 seconds eariler). But that's not the point.

Unless we own the station, there's really not much we can do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy