GOSSIP: Ralf to Toyota, da Matta back to USA?

Posted by Red Sam 
GOSSIP: Ralf to Toyota, da Matta back to USA?
Date: June 01, 2004 06:26PM
Posted by: Red Sam
From ITV-F1.com

Ralf Schumacher seemed like a very relaxed man at the European Grand Prix at the Nurburgring and all the signs are that the German has now concluded his deal to race for Toyota next year.

According to the latest paddock rumours, Ralf will join the team on a $12m deal for two years, with Toyota having an option to renew the contract for an extra season in 2007.

There have also been suggestions that the giant car company is in the process of negotiating a new title sponsorship deal with software giant Microsoft when the current Panasonic deal comes to an end.

There has been no confirmation of any of this but it looks increasingly likely that Schumacher will team up with Olivier Panis, who is a well-established test and development driver and still a very good racer.

Ralf is also known for his good technical input although his racing in recent months has been a little patchy.

This would seem to suggest that there are not many opportunities in F1 next year for Cristiano da Matta and it is expected that the Brazilian will return to the United States next year, in either Champ Cars or thee Indy Racing League.

No doubt Da Matta will be renewing some acquaintances in the week between the Canadian and Indianapolis Formula 1 events.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)

well I hope da matta goes back to the usa, dont like him much.

poor toyota :\

Re: GOSSIP: Ralf to Toyota, da Matta back to USA?
Date: June 01, 2004 11:56PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Da Matta came across very well in the ITV pre-race feature i thought, quite a genial guy.

"No it's not a skirt"
i think da matta's doing a good job, but so is panis. whos doing a bad job right now? ralf schumacher is.

da matta sed recently he wasn't comfortable in formula one, so maybe he is off back to the states

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 01, 2004 11:57PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I like Da Matta

If he goes back to America it'll be in IRL (Toyota links), and i dont want to see yet another tallent wasted by Tony Georges crapwagon series

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 02, 2004 12:06AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Nice sig Dave, and so true about Tony Stewart too!!!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 02, 2004 02:20AM
Posted by: Boils
I thought Da Matta is an excellent driver, made a good transition from champ cars like JV and JPM managed to do... shame he wont be in F1 longer

Dave's sig cracks me up! its funny coz its true

Date: June 02, 2004 09:30AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
hehe, thanks guys :P

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 02, 2004 02:57PM
Posted by: Andy Mad
Microsoft sponsering Toyota? hm, I think I should talk it over with Bill because for the time being they're my sponser ;)

Date: June 02, 2004 03:01PM
Posted by: Andy Mad
lycos is under maintainance now so you might not be able to see teh pic..

Date: June 02, 2004 07:12PM
Posted by: marcl
Da Matta was great last year dont think RS will do any better he is crap.

I hope he goes there and fails he offers the sport nothing there are many better drivers out there than RS but can not get into F1 cause they have no money or the right surname.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy