sato the most feared driver in f1

Posted by rapid_f1 
Re: sato the most feared driver in f1
Date: June 15, 2004 02:53PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
The hype has died down, Trulli isn't getting as much bad luck and has upped his game. Alonso atm is only proving a match for Trulli. Probably just a bit of denigrating going on i think.

To be honest, put Schumacher at Renault and he'd probably do the same. Pat Symmonds is a vvv clever man.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 15, 2004 03:16PM
Posted by: Muks_C
great post Zcott.

i don't think schumacher could make minardi win in 3 season if he went there. they are fundamentally so far behind at the moment, that it would need many hundreds on millions of dollars for a start, to design and build a competitive car, and then put schumacher in it to drive.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 15, 2004 04:11PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
A lot of was down to the fact that Ferrari had the cash to buy people, and make every change necessary to win - most other teams, probably williams included, couldn't afford to do that.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 15, 2004 04:20PM
Posted by: andrew_S
i cant say ive followed this, bar reading a few comments, its interesting how now the schumacher fans say "but its micheal driving the car" he wins the races, ross's influence is only to a point, yet these very people are the people that belittle the hill and villeneuve's wins with the comment "my granny could have won in that car" yet why do we never hear this come up especially in the last few years when the same could be said of the ferrari...

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: June 15, 2004 04:29PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Predictable though aint it.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 15, 2004 04:43PM
look, we belittle hill and villeneuve because when in not the best car on the grid by a mile, they were usually nowhere, apart from a couple of great performances. schumacher has consistently been fighting for wins/podiums in average cars.

and brawns input goes way higher than 'only to a point', but there is only so much he can do. other drivers could not pull of his strategies like michael can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2004 04:49PM by Muks_C.
Date: June 15, 2004 04:44PM
Posted by: _Alex_
You can always rely on Zcott to make an intelligent post. Couldn't agree more with it.

people that belittle the hill and villeneuve's wins with the comment "my granny could have won in that car" yet why do we never hear this come up especially in the last few years when the same could be said of the ferrari...

I think you're mistaking their intentions. If I ever make a comment on the dominance of the Williams or the McLarens in the late 1990s, it's to draw a comparison with the dominance of Ferrari today. I see it that Michael was able to make the difference in an inferior car, whereas nowadays, I don't think Schumacher's rivals have the ability to do that (yet - watch Raikkonen and Alonso, however).

With such a package, Villeneuve should really have won the 1997 championship well before Jerez. But I don't think he is a driver of Schumacher's calibre, plus the fact that he actually had Schumacher as a rival, who was able to take it down to the wire.

It's not such an easy case with Hakkinen in 1998 - IMO, Mika has been the only driver of the past decade to display Michael's kind of speed and application. Yet even he lacked the extraordinary racing etiquette that Schumi has displayed time and time again. The 1998 McLaren was fairly unreliable (although no less reliable than the Ferrari), but I still feel Mika should have blown Michael into the weeds with that kind of machinery - just like Michael does with everyone nowadays.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 15, 2004 04:51PM
the '96, '97 and '98 championships should have been wrapped up way before the last round, but due to various factors (luck, unreliability, good, but not great drivers, and of course michael pushing till the end) they weren't.

Date: June 15, 2004 07:29PM
Posted by: LS.
You don't always have to drive flat out to do well in a race. After all, there's a limit to how fast you can go. After you reach a certain limit you're probably going to start ruining tyres and brakes and not looking after the car as much as you could in favour of an extra few tenths a lap. Michael has the ability to go incredibly quick when he really needs to do it, such as in Montreal. If he's up at the front, he doesn't need to drive totally flat out, he just needs to drive as quick as possible within the limits of the car.

All the drivers drive within their limits rather than over it, its simply that ross has the vision that other rival team members lack, your suggesting that its only michael that can respond to a command on the radio to drive that little bit quicker.

On the subject of Ross Brawn : Modern F1 is now vastly different to that of 15 years ago when we had Mansell, Piquet, Prost, Senna etc on the scene. Due to the fact that overtaking is hard, races are won and lost in the pits, as you all know. In some ways the role of the tactician in modern F1 is kind of like that of the spotter in NASCAR. Brawn sits on the pit wall, armed with lots of data (and a banana) and calculates where Michael needs to be and when. It's up to Michael to put the plan into action. There's no way Michael would be able to do it all on his own, because at the end of the day it's Ross who decides how much fuel goes into the car, and this determines where the car will come out on the track relatives to its rivals, and also when the next stop will be. It's Ross who decides this, and Michael who executes it.

going by what you have just said, Ross plays an even bigger part in ferarri's victorys,

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2004 07:30PM by LS..
Date: June 15, 2004 08:50PM
Posted by: NickKK
Toyota has the cash where are they ?

Date: June 15, 2004 08:53PM
Posted by: villej
Problem is that Toyota haven't got enough good people to work in te team at the moment. And they don't have even near as much experience as Ferrari had and has.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2004 10:53PM by villej.
Date: June 15, 2004 10:38PM
Posted by: Fraplee
LS - Your responce to my post makes no sence at all. I get the sence that you also bump into things when you walk.
Date: June 15, 2004 11:21PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

I am really bored with this subject.

Date: June 15, 2004 11:25PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
*sigh*

LS, lets just admit it. MICHAEL drives the car, MICHAEL designs the car. MICHAEL decides the pit stops, MICHAEL does the pit stops. MICHAEL builds the cars, MICHAEL also drives rubens car. MICHAEL will one day cure cancer, and MICHAEL turns water into wine

MICHAEL MICHAEL MICHAEL, oh how we love...you guessed it, MICHAEL

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 15, 2004 11:33PM
Posted by: Oleg
LS is barking up the wrong tree.1996 proved that it isn't as simple as he would like everyone to believe.Ross and Michael are a wonderful partnership but in reality they compliment each other and Michael isn't just a passenger.
Date: June 15, 2004 11:37PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Oleg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LS is barking up the wrong tree.1996 proved that
> it isn't as simple as he would like everyone to
> believe.Ross and Michael are a wonderful
> partnership but in reality they compliment each
> other and Michael isn't just a passenger.

Nobody has said Michaels a passenger. Its takingobjection to "michael built the team, michael did this michael did that" blah blah bloody blah. Belive it or not it wasnt all Michael like you would liek everyone to belive

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 15, 2004 11:40PM
Posted by: Zcott
All the drivers drive within their limits rather than over it, its simply that ross has the vision that other rival team members lack, your suggesting that its only michael that can respond to a command on the radio to drive that little bit quicker.

It's not only michael, any racing driver who considers himself a racing driver worthy of being in F1 should be able to do this. It's just that Michael is starting from a higher baseline. He's quicker than most of the pack out there, and when he needs to, he can really pull it out of the bag to go even quicker.

going by what you have just said, Ross plays an even bigger part in ferarri's victorys,

Sure, but what I'm saying is that Ross could really only do it with Michael. If Ross were to work with, say, Fisichella, I doubt he could get the same results. He has a hugely important role in telling Michael what to do, but Michael has to do it.

Date: June 15, 2004 11:49PM
Posted by: Oleg
Belive it or not it wasnt all Michael like you would liek everyone to belive

Moin?

Anyway,here's a question for LS,you,andrew_S etc,why Benetton with Brawn and the bulk of the team which one 3 championships in 2 years failed to beat Ferrari without Brawn and with most of the team carried over from 1995.

And no,the influx of personnel from Benetton didn't start until the winter of 1996.

Date: June 16, 2004 12:37AM
Anyway,here's a question for LS,you,andrew_S etc,why Benetton with Brawn and the bulk of the team which one 3 championships in 2 years failed to beat Ferrari without Brawn and with most of the team carried over from 1995.

sorry but i dont understand what you mean,

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 16, 2004 12:40AM
@ fraplee

read it again, its not hard to understand, try taking those red blinkers off :)

LS's Tip of the week
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy