sato the most feared driver in f1

Posted by rapid_f1 
Re: sato the most feared driver in f1
Date: June 14, 2004 10:17PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Point is, how do you know what Senna would be like in the modern era of grand prix racing? !994 is when refuelling was introduced, 1994 was when Ayrton Senna died. The current set of rules just aren't as conducive to the sort of racing you used to get.

Yup, but he was also driving agsisnt greats like Surtees and Graham Hill...not drivers like Ralf Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello, who i fear are both just going to fade awayy into the "also ran" categery

Whilst i agree with you to a degree, there is always that 'different era' stuff. Everything is relative. Clark was as superior if not more so to Hill/Surtees as Schumacher is to his contemporaries, so why not belittle them? Taking it to extremes, but you can see the point.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 14, 2004 10:25PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
1994 was also the year that electronics were banned again, playing into the hands of Senna, and the Williams improved throughout the year

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 14, 2004 11:06PM
Posted by: Oleg
But we never hear this do we? its because of michael :S

The outcome of the 1996 season is the reason why we never hear it.
Date: June 14, 2004 11:46PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Ross Brawn does get a lot of credit.

he is obviously very good strategy-wise. but it is because he has michael to do the driving that he can actually employ the strategy because michael can make it work. he even said so himself. he wouldn't have tried half the strategies with other drivers. he has helped michael win races that by rights he shouldn't have won.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 14, 2004 11:55PM
Posted by: _Alex_
he is obviously very good strategy-wise. but it is because he has michael to do the driving that he can actually employ the strategy because michael can make it work

This is exactly what I was going to say in response to LS's comment. You seem to forget that it's actually Michael driving the damn car out there! I fully appreciate Ross Brawn's genius, but there comes a point where he ceases to influence the result of a Grand Prix, and beyond that point, it's all down to who is behind the wheel. And it just so happens that in employing some of his tactical masterstrokes, he has the fastest driver in the world in the car, on whom he can rely to pull it off. I don't care if you're sick and tired of hearing it, but I'll mention Hungary 1998 again. I'm pretty adament that nobody else on this planet could have done what Michael did during that race.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 15, 2004 12:05AM
Posted by: LS.
stick ross at renault and get them front runners and watch alonso do the same

even michael relies on ross to get him out of trouble and recently referred to ross as the stradegy master

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2004 12:18AM by LS..
Date: June 15, 2004 12:09AM
another thing is that ross had calculated for rubens to finish 2nd behind michael and he said that his numbers added up to that result except rubens had brake problems and went off thereby ruining ross plan for a 1-2

ross won that race for ferrari more than michael did,

LS's Tip of the week

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2004 12:10AM by LS..
Date: June 15, 2004 12:18AM
Posted by: Imran
ross isnt a genius..he did a an apprentiship...im doing bsc..so im a bigger genius

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2004 12:18AM by Imran.
Date: June 15, 2004 12:23AM
Posted by: Muks_C
ross won that race for ferrari more than michael did

well not really. michael did actually drive the car. they won it equally for ferrari, neither one did more than the other. without Ross, Michael would have been a bit stuck, without Michael to carry out the strategy, Ross' plan wouldn;t have worked.

and yes Hungary '98 was fantastic strategy and driving. Ross said to michael after his stop, "you've got 17 laps to make up 19 seconds", or something like that, and he did it.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 15, 2004 12:34AM
well not really. michael did actually drive the car. they won it equally for ferrari, neither one did more than the other. without Ross, Michael would have been a bit stuck, without Michael to carry out the strategy, Ross' plan wouldn;t have worked.

given the pace of rubens during the race then anyone else could have done the same with that stradegy as michael

rubens was right with him

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 15, 2004 12:38AM
well not really. michael did actually drive the car. they won it equally for ferrari, neither one did more than the other.

well thats just it is'nt it & why michael statistically might be the best, he is'nt revered like the other great drivers

prost, senna, mansell, piquet never needed input like michael has had from ross to help him win races he would'nt normally win

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 15, 2004 12:46AM
Posted by: NickKK
>Re: sato the most feared driver in f1
>Posted by: Imran (IP Logged)
>Date: June 15, 2004 12:18AM
>
>ross isnt a genius..he did a an apprentiship...im doing bsc..so im a bigger genius
>
>
>
>Edited 1 times. Last edit at 06/15/04 12:18AM by Imran.

Well Why don't you go to a F1 team and tell em "I'm a better tactitian than Ross Brawn so take me on and I'll make you win"...get serious

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2004 12:48AM by NickKK.
Date: June 15, 2004 02:09AM
Posted by: Fraplee
Korn_Freak - before you go off half cocked, read the post. It says ONE of the greatest - I think that that leaves recognition for the fact that it is virtualy impossible to compaire different eras. But, if you think that MS would not adapt in any era you are sadly mistaken.

Alex - it's nice to have a friend in the fray. Sometimes these guys just don't get it.
Date: June 15, 2004 02:29AM
Korn_Freak - As I said before, if MS left for Minardi what do you think would happen???????????? Three years and Minardi's winning races - gauranteed.

As far as Ross Brawn goes - How many times do you hear the commentators say that when Ross tells Michael they need to build a **** second gap and Michael does it. That is talent and team work. You don't always need to drive the car flat out to win. Dude modern F1 is all about smoothness and subtlety

As far as Michael's early years - Notice was served when he arrived at Spa 1991.
You probably have no idea what I'm talking about. But trust me eye brows were raised during his first Formula 1 outing.

Michael Schumacher has not cheated, team-ordered, or lucked his way into 6 World Championships - He works incredably hard for his success.

Date: June 15, 2004 02:41AM
F1 RULES - NASCAR SUCKS
Date: June 15, 2004 10:07AM
As far as Ross Brawn goes - How many times do you hear the commentators say that when Ross tells Michael they need to build a **** second gap and Michael does it. That is talent and team work. You don't always need to drive the car flat out to win. Dude modern F1 is all about smoothness and subtlety

all that proves is that michael is'nt driving on the limit then, you cant drive flat out and then once get the word to speed up miraculously gain a second a lap

what rubbish

As far as Michael's early years - Notice was served when he arrived at Spa 1991

despite the fact Ross brawn was already there,

what arrogance

LS's Tip of the week

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2004 11:03AM by LS..
Date: June 15, 2004 11:22AM
Posted by: chrislewis
all that proves is that michael is'nt driving on the limit then, you cant drive flat out and then once get the word to speed up miraculously gain a second a lap

Its been said from drivers after races that that they are pacing themselves and not driving flat out as in qualifying. If the driver did a good race they sometimes say that they drove the whole race as they do in qualifying. i.e-absolutely flat out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2004 11:23AM by chrislewis.
Date: June 15, 2004 11:57AM
so thats what michael does then, so why is that any different to the rest of the drivers

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 15, 2004 01:29PM
Posted by: Zcott
You don't always have to drive flat out to do well in a race. After all, there's a limit to how fast you can go. After you reach a certain limit you're probably going to start ruining tyres and brakes and not looking after the car as much as you could in favour of an extra few tenths a lap. Michael has the ability to go incredibly quick when he really needs to do it, such as in Montreal. If he's up at the front, he doesn't need to drive totally flat out, he just needs to drive as quick as possible within the limits of the car.

On the subject of Ross Brawn : Modern F1 is now vastly different to that of 15 years ago when we had Mansell, Piquet, Prost, Senna etc on the scene. Due to the fact that overtaking is hard, races are won and lost in the pits, as you all know. In some ways the role of the tactician in modern F1 is kind of like that of the spotter in NASCAR. Brawn sits on the pit wall, armed with lots of data (and a banana) and calculates where Michael needs to be and when. It's up to Michael to put the plan into action. There's no way Michael would be able to do it all on his own, because at the end of the day it's Ross who decides how much fuel goes into the car, and this determines where the car will come out on the track relatives to its rivals, and also when the next stop will be. It's Ross who decides this, and Michael who executes it. Obviously Michael likes to be aware of what he's doing (he's often on the radio asking about other people in the race and how/where they are), but to give just Ross credit for it would be horribly incorrect. Like many others have said above me, Michael is the one who has to carry out this plan and drive the car at the most appropriate speed at the most appropriate time. Once again, Hungary '98 was a masterpiece of creative driving and strategy. Ross couldn't have done that with Rubens, and Michael couldn't have done it without Ross.

I think some people on this forum suffer a very blinkered view of M Schumacher. I'm by no means a big fan of his, but I can totally respect what's done in terms of results and how he has achieved most of them. Forget Adelaide '94 and Jerez '97, Michael doesn't need to do that anymore. On the track, he's the quickest and most clued-in guy out there in the most well-built car, with the best strategist working for him. He certainly gets my respect for building that team around him, and then using this team to its maximum potential.

Date: June 15, 2004 02:01PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Nice post scott, gotta agree.

Whoever said 'put ross at renault, and watch alonso do the same' - wtf. I fail to see what Alonso has proved this year at Renault? He doesnt seem very fast at all to me :|

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy