sato the most feared driver in f1

Posted by rapid_f1 
Re: sato the most feared driver in f1
Date: June 14, 2004 04:09AM
Posted by: Fraplee
If the racing is that boring to you go watch NASCAR.

FraPP!!!!!!!!!!
Date: June 14, 2004 10:14AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
Fraplee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the racing is that boring to you go watch
> NASCAR.

I DO!

and i know Dave does to. and all i can say is thank god for NASCAR, there is actually decent racing in NASCAR, no team orders. (according to the nascar commentators, the only reason F1 has team orders is because the sponsers are the same on both cars... and thats why there is none in NASCAR - i laughed so hard at that).

last nights race was so boring. it was a stratagy race all the way. only exciting bit was from watching Klien hit everyone and everything in sight.

and frapp, there is no way in HELL would i class MS as the greatest talents in F1 history the fact being, he has no one to compete against, there are some good drivers around today, but no one with a good as car as him, or with the speed of him. but i remember when he first started his career, he struggled to get in the top 6 some times, all because there were better drivers than him. senna, mansell, prost. in 1994, b4 senna died, senna was challanging him every single race, senna's car was the biggest piece of @#$%& in the world, whilest michaels car was the most illegal car ever built, yet senna could still challange him. Senna was alot better driver than MS. and for another senna can pass people, in last nights race, senna wouldnt of left his passing for the pits, he would have done it on track.

Date: June 14, 2004 11:03AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Yes, he has built the team around him. Not my opinion - fact!

As far as turning water into wine - I don't know. But I think it is funny that when you guys don't have anything constructive to say you put words in other peoples mouths.

Yes, Michael buil the team. All on his own too! He designed the car, built the car (and rubens and Eddies cars too!), he does his own pit stops, he does his own stradegy, and after all that hes got 5 minutes left at the end of the night to cure world hunger!

If the racing is that boring to you go watch NASCAR.

I listen to it on the radio (because TV doesnt cover it here)

(according to the nascar commentators, the only reason F1 has team orders is because the sponsers are the same on both cars... and thats why there is none in NASCAR - i laughed so hard at that

Altho thats not the reason whyy it happens in F1, its a good way of stopping it happening in NASCAR. Waltrip cant let Dale Jr pass for example cos NAPA will be pissed. It promotes real racing, and not brake testing

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 14, 2004 11:37AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Yes, he has built the team around him. Not my opinion - fact!

I've tried saying this before, but people still seem to think the team "fell" in around him accidentally (and luckily) as soon as he arrived at Ferrari. People can't seem to appreciate that it's one of his star qualities being able to get all the right people around him and keep them there. He works damn hard for it.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 14, 2004 12:22PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Well, is it me or is Sato looking a little foolish these last couple of races? Just calm it down ya silly man.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 14, 2004 01:23PM
Posted by: Imran
well if he looked a little foolish in nurburgring.then JB must have been walking round wearing clown shoes
Date: June 14, 2004 02:17PM
I don't think Sato's looking foolish. Most people loved what he did at the Nurburgring (come on, it very nearly worked!). He looked erratic yesterday but at least he is trying to pass. In my opinion, the only reason he spun at the hairpin is because a backmarker, travelling very slowly, was positioned right where Sato was aiming his car, and he suddenly had to slow down more than he would have otherwise, causing him to lose the rear. If the backmarker had not been there, he would have been alright.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 14, 2004 05:02PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
and frapp, there is no way in HELL would i class MS as the greatest talents in F1 history the fact being, he has no one to compete against, there are some good drivers around today, but no one with a good as car as him, or with the speed of him. but i remember when he first started his career, he struggled to get in the top 6 some times, all because there were better drivers than him. senna, mansell, prost. in 1994, b4 senna died, senna was challanging him every single race, senna's car was the biggest piece of @#$%& in the world, whilest michaels car was the most illegal car ever built, yet senna could still challange him. Senna was alot better driver than MS. and for another senna can pass people, in last nights race, senna wouldnt of left his passing for the pits, he would have done it on track.

Nice lot of conjecture in there and exaggeration in there.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 14, 2004 05:34PM
Posted by: Zcott
I don't think you can hold many of the records in F1 without doing something extremely right.

Date: June 14, 2004 05:41PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Alex, you don't have to make excuses for sato messing up AGAIN. he tried to overtake and messed up, the end. and his engine went again, something fishy i think is going on. maybe he is the rubens of the BAR team, with all the crap and development parts in his car, rather than buttons.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 14, 2004 06:02PM
But wouldn't that be a bit strange seeing as Honda love him? Either a very very big coincidence or he is using the engine in some different way than Button does to stress the engine more.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 14, 2004 06:19PM
well maybe they love him, and give him the more powerful/less reliable engine?

but it could just be like you said, about the way he stresses the engine more than smooth button.

Date: June 14, 2004 07:19PM
and frapp, there is no way in HELL would i class MS as the greatest talents in F1 history the fact being, he has no one to compete against, there are some good drivers around today, but no one with a good as car as him, or with the speed of him.

Although you go on to talk about Schumacher's early career, my feeling here is that you probably only started watching F1 in about 2001. And if you've been watching it longer than that, then you certainly don't give the impression that you have. Didn't you see Michael's early years at Ferrari?

Evidently not. Otherwise you wouldn't have said "no one to compete against" (Hill? Villeneuve? Hakkinen? Coulthard?) or "no one with as good a car as him" (every Ferrari from '96-'00 had a rival car that was superior to it!).

Then you say "no one with the speed of him". Talk about contradicting your whole argument! He can't be the best in history because nobody is as fast as him? It's the first time I've heard that argument against Schumacher!

but i remember when he first started his career, he struggled to get in the top 6 some times, all because there were better drivers than him. senna, mansell, prost. in 1994, b4 senna died, senna was challanging him every single race, senna's car was the biggest piece of @#$%& in the world, whilest michaels car was the most illegal car ever built, yet senna could still challange him. Senna was alot better driver than MS.

Rather I'd say it was Schumacher challenging Senna early on in 1994. He pressured Senna into a rare mistake at Brazil, and frankly that's all we ever got to see of the Schumacher/Senna rivalry, so there's not much more comment to be made. Sure, Senna snatched pole in every race, but he was a qualifying master. Today I think it's quite clear that Schumacher's race craft is at least equal to anybody else's in the history of the sport, and so, arguably, is his speed.

for another senna can pass people, in last nights race, senna wouldnt of left his passing for the pits, he would have done it on track.

Yes as HaGGis says, a fair amount of conjecture there. If Michael needs to pass somebody, then he can - brilliantly. We've seen it time after time in the past, yet conveniently you seem to have forgotten everything before about 2001.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 14, 2004 07:25PM
Posted by: LS.
I've tried saying this before, but people still seem to think the team "fell" in around him accidentally (and luckily) as soon as he arrived at Ferrari. People can't seem to appreciate that it's one of his star qualities being able to get all the right people around him and keep them there. He works damn hard for it

I would say it was more like luca de montezemlo that did all the hiring, not schumacher.

Ferrari were obviously impressed with the benneton team as well as schumacher when they decided that they wanted to hire michael, the guts of benneton were taken to ferrari in 1996, other teams referred to ferari at that time as ferrariton

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 14, 2004 07:36PM
Rather I'd say it was Schumacher challenging Senna early on in 1994. He pressured Senna into a rare mistake at Brazil, and frankly that's all we ever got to see of the Schumacher/Senna rivalry, so there's not much more comment to be made. Sure, Senna snatched pole in every race, but he was a qualifying master. Today I think it's quite clear that Schumacher's race craft is at least equal to anybody else's in the history of the sport, and so, arguably, is his speed.

Monza 1967 Jim Clark was 2 seconds a lap faster than drivers like Surtees, Jackie stewart and Graham Hill, After mech problems he made up over a full lap on everyone. Schumacher has speed? Yeah, but no where near as much raw speed as drivers like Clark, Senna and Mansell.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 14, 2004 07:48PM
Brawn only went to Ferrari in early '97 i think, after Michael recommended him to the ferrari management. also Rory Byrne was gonna go into retirement in thailand to run his scuba diving school, but michael asked for him to be hired too. and he was hired at the beginning of '97.

obviously it is not michael who does the hiring and firing, but he did recommend people he wanted. in this months F1 Racing mag, theres a quote saying:

Ferrari invited him to Maranello in the mid-1990's and their brief was simple:"We've tried this, and we can't do it. The team is yours. Name your price, bring with you whomever you want, choose the second driver, do it your way. We want to win the world championship."

Date: June 14, 2004 08:11PM
Yea but Ellis, it was easier to demonstrate your speed then than it is now as the driver played a bigger part.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 14, 2004 08:50PM
Posted by: LS.
Its always michael has done this and done that when quite clearly he has'nt

i have said before that a major part of schumachers success has been thanks to Ross brawn

the guys a genius, his tactical ways of thinking are second to none, he's pretty much done everything there is to do to in F1 apart from driving the cars

hes been a mechanic, parts machinist, an aerodynamicist, designed sportscars that won world championships for TWR

Brawn joined benneton in 91 and he brought them back to competiveness

But we never hear this do we? its because of michael :S

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2004 08:58PM by LS..
Date: June 14, 2004 09:06PM
HaGGiS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yea but Ellis, it was easier to demonstrate your
> speed then than it is now as the driver played a
> bigger part.

Yup, but he was also driving agsisnt greats like Surtees and Graham Hill...not drivers like Ralf Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello, who i fear are both just going to fade awayy into the "also ran" categery

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 14, 2004 09:32PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

Although you go on to talk about Schumacher's
early career, my feeling here is that you probably
only started watching F1 in about 2001. And if
you've been watching it longer than that, then you
certainly don't give the impression that you have.
Didn't you see Michael's early years at Ferrari?

Been watching it since 1992, and yes i remember Michaels earlier Ferrari Days, I had forgoten about them when i posted that, my mistake, 1996 was a good year, so many retirements for michael. :D

Evidently not. Otherwise you wouldn't have said
"no one to compete against" (Hill? Villeneuve?
Hakkinen? Coulthard?) or "no one with as good a
car as him" (every Ferrari from '96-'00 had a
rival car that was superior to it!).

yeah my bad like i said above it slipped my mind.

Then you say "no one with the speed of him". Talk
about contradicting your whole argument! He can't
be the best in history because nobody is as fast
as him? It's the first time I've heard that
argument against Schumacher!

I never mentiond i thought he was @#$%&. i think he is a very talented driver, not the worlds greatest ever though.

but i remember when he first started his career,
he struggled to get in the top 6 some times, all
because there were better drivers than him. senna,
mansell, prost. in 1994, b4 senna died, senna was
challanging him every single race, senna's car was
the biggest piece of @#$%& in the world,
whilest michaels car was the most illegal car ever
built, yet senna could still challange him. Senna
was alot better driver than MS.

Rather I'd say it was Schumacher challenging Senna
early on in 1994. He pressured Senna into a rare
mistake at Brazil, and frankly that's all we ever
got to see of the Schumacher/Senna rivalry, so
there's not much more comment to be made. Sure,
Senna snatched pole in every race, but he was a
qualifying master. Today I think it's quite clear
that Schumacher's race craft is at least equal to
anybody else's in the history of the sport, and
so, arguably, is his speed.

Senna's car was a load of rubbish, and michaels wasnt. senna could challange michael with a crap car. yes senna was the top driver at the time, but when u compare it car wise, michael challanged senna.

Yes as HaGGis says, a fair amount of conjecture
there. If Michael needs to pass somebody, then he
can - brilliantly. We've seen it time after time
in the past, yet conveniently you seem to have
forgotten everything before about 2001.

i know he can pass, im talking about now. WHen senna was racing, he would pass everyone he could, not just sit behind them and then pass them in the pits, why because he loved to be in front. michael is dull in that respect today, i would rather see Michael dive down the inside of montoya, pass him, and then fly away, other than, follow the leader, monty pits, michael fast laps, michael pits, michael infront. thats so dull. I hadnt forgotten everything before 2001, i just wasnt thinking about them so they didnt enter my mind... that was all

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy