sato the most feared driver in f1

Posted by rapid_f1 
Re: sato the most feared driver in f1
Date: June 05, 2004 06:23PM
Posted by: black_rose
This is true vader...

I think the reason why we get so uptight about it, is because you never see any overtaking anymore, so when we do see it, we write 3 pages about it...

The Scarling.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2004 06:24PM by black_rose.
Date: June 05, 2004 06:23PM
Posted by: black_rose
double post... and make that 4 pages, not 3 :)

The Scarling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2004 06:25PM by black_rose.
Date: June 05, 2004 07:17PM
Posted by: Muks_C
ok Andy Mad.

but i fail to see how sato can be applauded for the move. had they not touched, even if he forced rubens to turn away, then it would have been great.

Vader, i just watched the '91 season review the other day and i agree that nobody complained about stuff much worse than sato/barrichello.

and yes F1 has become so sterile.

the press conferences with senna and mansell and berger sat there on office chairs, moving side to side, and holding the big microphones, and saying what was on their mind was great. nowadays they are soooo corporate its disgusting.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 05, 2004 07:47PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Even bernie has said RB contract says he is not allowed to pass MS

Even Bernie! Well, you've shut me up. After all, our Benard knows everything, doesn't he?

*sarcasm*

The truth is, the only people on this planet who know what's written into Michael's and Rubens's contracts are themselves, Todt, and probably a couple more of the top guys at Ferrari. Therefore, you're not really in a position to comment on it like you do.

Anyway - Rubens not allowed to pass Michael? Tell me when he's ever been in a position to do so? The only time I can think of is Canada 2001. And quite frankly, who cares about that? It's happened plenty of times in F1's history. Hakkinen wasn't "allowed" to challenge Coulthard at Spa in 1999, apparently due to another one of those silly "whoever is first into turn one wins" deals.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 05, 2004 11:46PM
Posted by: Vader
Although I agree with you Alex on all other points, I don't agree on Spa 99. For me this is an example that McLaren does not go for team orders. Coulthard was way faster then Häkkinen in that race so there was no need to forbid Mika to overtake. Why should McLaren have done this? After all Mika was ahead of DC in the standings and he was the title contender. The point is that McaLren didn't forbid Mika to overtake - if he had been fast enough he would have done it. They simply did not ask DC to move over and let Mika pass.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 06, 2004 01:15AM
Posted by: marcl
alex bernie said in public he has seen the contract.

I agree though he has not been in a position to pass he has followed closly but my point was he has been on 2 stops ms 3, ferrari do this to cover 1st and 2nd if ms breaks down rb wins if ms finishes rb finishes 2nd.

As dave richards has said thats not racing thats planning on a computer.

Mika gave up in spa 1999 he has even said that DC nearly took him out at the 1st corner he was allowed to race but he did not bother he finished 2nd. Now had that been ferrari DC would have got told to slow down and let mika get close then at the pit stop they would have @#$%& up DC's so mika won the race.

Sorry alex as much as u do not agree with me i do not agree with u
Date: June 06, 2004 01:41AM
As far as I see, contract or no, Rubens is simply not good enough to beat MS at the moment. The sad thing is that apprently nobody is good enough (or has a car that's good enough) this season. Even a notorious anti-MS man and absolute McALren fan like me must admit that MS is driving in a league of hs own.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 06, 2004 02:00AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Rubens isnt good enough to fight Michael, but its a solid fact that Ferrari dont let the drivers fight, and i dont care who disagrees because its been proved in the past

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2004 02:16AM by DaveEllis.
Date: June 06, 2004 02:57AM
Of course that's right. Rubens is not allowed to fight Michael and must move over for him. Only this season there is no need for team orders at Ferrari (and there isn't an Austrian GP either. :p)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 06, 2004 03:54AM
Posted by: Boils
Gilles Villeneuve was one of the most exciting drivers to watch, EVER!

he died doing what he loved as did all the other F1 drivers who have died over the years, i dont see how Satos move was dangerous at all. if McNish can survive the crash he had at suzuka 2002 and Button at monaco 2003, then an over optimisitic move by sato should be seen as nothing less then providing some much needed near-end race excitement.
Date: June 06, 2004 11:30AM
alex bernie said in public he has seen the contract

I'm sorry but that is just complete rubbish. I don't care what Bernie says. There's no way he's seen their contracts. I don't believe for minute Ferrari would show him. Do they have any reason to? And he wouldn't have seen them accidentally. Ferrari don't leave these things lying around!

But it doesn't matter anyway. I guess you're right, we should agree to disagree.

And obviously I stand corrected on the Spa '99 issue. I don't actually have any memory of watching that race, because I was on holiday. All I remember is seeing a very disgruntled Hakkinen afterwards, and hearing that he was very pissed off that Coulthard won. I think I read too much into it. At least Frentzen was third!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 06, 2004 02:43PM
Posted by: Muks_C
I agree Alex, why and how would Bernie see the ferrari (or any drivers) contracts? He is only the commercial rights holder, i bet even ross brawn hasn't seen the contracts.

Boils, yes sato provided near-end race excitement, but he messed up. simple as that, and it cost him his first podium position. i would have applauded him had he made a clean and successful move on rubens. it would have been great. he would have shown he has matured since the crash-prone days of 2002. but just as he looks like he is improving, he does that, showing he's still the same sato of 2002, albeit with a better car to show his skill a bit more.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 06, 2004 05:45PM
well apperently bernie was allowed to see i dont know why but it was due to comercial things or some thing like that.

RB has said in autosport that he can not use the same tyres as ms or setup as he keeps getting understeer like all the other bridgestone runners which rasies another question have bridgestone made tyres to suit one driver lol
Date: June 06, 2004 06:05PM
Posted by: andrew_S
The truth is, the only people on this planet who know what's written into Michael's and Rubens's contracts are themselves, Todt, and probably a couple more of the top guys at Ferrari. Therefore, you're not really in a position to comment on it like you do.

im very sorry, but that also invalidates your point if thats case. your not in that position to dismiss our opinions. The fact is, over 10 years Michael schumacher's teammates havent been alloud the challange him, even to be in the same breifings (brundle, herbert) or see his data while schumacher takes the other drivers!, now given your above statement, that we dont know, we arent in a position to know the contract, the fact is we know previous contracts, so we can do nothing but assume this is no different this year, theres nothing to say it isnt.

You seem very keen to dismiss everyones opinion, on the fact its only hearsay, you dismiss it, as if you are "above" them, yet, yours are based on no better evidance!

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2004 06:06PM by andrew_S.
Date: June 06, 2004 06:11PM
Yes, they have equal contracts, we are all right, Austria never happened, its all one big conspiracy agaisnt Ferrari, they are the victims, they never do anything wrong and we should all apologise to Todt, and Ferrari, they have never been @#$%&, or brought disgrace upon the sport.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 06, 2004 07:29PM
why would bernie say what was in the contract if he had not seen it, why does rb look so pissed off, why is he miles behind when he was ahead at the end of last year. When MS gets the championship this year i bet then rb is on his pace
Date: June 06, 2004 09:16PM
im very sorry, but that also invalidates your point if thats case

I said he's in no position to comment "like he does" (i.e. I do not think his comments are appropriate given the extent of his knowledge), not that he's in no position to comment full stop. I think Vader's conviction that Michael is simply faster than Rubens holds water a lot better than marcl saying Rubens is not being allowed to race him, that being written into his contract. You're right though, I don't know what's in the drivers' contracts either, but frankly I think it's pretty obvious that whatever is written there is of little consequence - Michael is just faster.

why would bernie say what was in the contract if he had not seen it, why does rb look so pissed off, why is he miles behind when he was ahead at the end of last year. When MS gets the championship this year i bet then rb is on his pace

I'll take your questions one at a time.

Bernie says a lot of things, a lot of which is rubbish.

I don't know where you get the impression that Rubens looks pissed off. He always looks happy on the grid. After races, he often doesn't look quite as cheerful, because he's just been blown away by Michael, and he knows he needs to up his game.

Yes, Rubens is miles behind at the moment. And yes, he often had the upper hand over Michael at the end of last year. But things change. Not least the car they're driving. Barrichello is not as comfortable with the F2004 as he was with the F2003-GA in the latter half of 2003. And, of course, Schumacher has really upped his game this year. Simple as that. There really isn't too much to read into it.

I'm still considering that last question - when you say that you bet Rubens will be on Michael's pace if Michael wins the championship, what are you implying?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 06, 2004 11:07PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: June 06, 2004 11:14PM
I think Vader's conviction that Michael is simply faster than Rubens holds water a lot better than marcl saying Rubens is not being allowed to race him, that being written into his contract. You're right though, I don't know what's in the drivers' contracts either, but frankly I think it's pretty obvious that whatever is written there is of little consequence - Michael is just faster.

I think its pretty obvious that Rubens isnt as good as Michael overall. There are times when hes on Michaels pace, and sometimes when hes faster. Nobody can honestly belive rubens is as good as Michael is. But saying that they do have equal treatment is also just as stupid as it has been proven in the past that Michaels team mates never do get equal treatment. 1994 - 2004, not one of those drivers has had equal status to Michael, amd saying theyy did is just stupid, no other word for it.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 08, 2004 07:27AM
alex i am saying that when ferrari need and allow rb to win he does i.e end of last year. I am saying when MS wins RB will be allowed to go the same way on pit stop etc.

Have u never thought that RB might look pissed off not because he has been blown my MS but more like screwed by MS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy