sato the most feared driver in f1

Posted by rapid_f1 
sato the most feared driver in f1
Date: June 01, 2004 05:22PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
according to dave richards. he apparently has done over michael, rubens, ralf and trulli. whether his move on rubens was brave or not, i really do think that richards has gone way ott. read about it here:

[www.planet-f1.com]

perhaps richards is massaging his ego

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Re: sato the most feared driver in f1
Date: June 01, 2004 05:26PM
Posted by: markko
His move on Rubens was stupid.
Date: June 01, 2004 05:28PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Dave Richards seems to think him and his team are some kind of F1 gods though. They arent. They are just another F1 team, and another set of drivers. they are no special case.

Most feared driver? Ralf in terms of safety, Montoyya in terms of "i want to get past you whether you like it or not"
Date: June 01, 2004 05:34PM
Posted by: senninho
Totally agree, Dave. That said, Schumacher M seems to be able to scare some drivers off of the road now and again.
Date: June 01, 2004 05:35PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
imo the most feared driver shud be either michael or montoya. michael bcos hes just so good and jpm bcos the man is a monster (in a good way :)) and i love his driving style. i think it was martin brundle who said that jpm never read the driving textbook :)

personally i think jpm is the most feared driver if there is such a thing. perhaps dave richards was referring to the fact that sato always crashes into someone or other thats why hes feared :)

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: June 01, 2004 05:40PM
Posted by: markko
Put it this way, I'd hate to have Sato right behind me.

On the other hand, it would be ok if I was infront of him :P
Date: June 01, 2004 05:56PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Totally agree, Dave. That said, Schumacher M seems to be able to scare some drivers off of the road now and again.

Intimidation. 6 time world champion, god knows how many pointless records that we hear about, driving for the most famous team, in a bright red car.
Date: June 01, 2004 06:17PM
Posted by: Alex13
Sato makes some nice moves, too bad that they are usualy stupid. Just imagine who many ppl wud be now moaning about this move if it was made by montoya or MS. He's lucky Honda are backing him, but this wont last forever

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: June 01, 2004 06:23PM
Posted by: andrew_S
tell that to satoru ;)

but seriously, its a strange comment, but then again, richards probably didnt say that, its the media, who probably said that

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: June 01, 2004 10:07PM
Posted by: villej
I am the only one who thinks that Satos move was actually good? :P

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: June 01, 2004 10:14PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Takuma was just a bit too keen to stand on the podium, so he took the first chance he got, and it clearly didn't pay off. I put it down to inexperience.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: June 01, 2004 10:32PM
Posted by: RonF1
Well at least hes prepared to try to overtake some of the other drivers dont even bother
Date: June 01, 2004 11:19PM
Posted by: chet
I think Sato and Monty are the best at over taking, well Monty definetly, at Nurbergring the moves he did were outstanding, Shumi would never make them, and as for Sato hes quick, very quick and wont give.

Although his move was abit stupid
Date: June 02, 2004 12:00AM
Posted by: HaGGiS
David Richards overhyping one of his drivers? Surely not!

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 02, 2004 02:14AM
Posted by: Boils
I thought sato's move was pretty good also, i was watching wanting him to make a move on that very lap, thinking that no one else had tried from that distance he wont do it.
then wam he comes very late on the brakes, doesnt lock up and almost gets past
he is unlucky his front wing broke, we see MS and JPM touching all the time they are just lucky, Sato was not.
Date: June 02, 2004 02:50AM
Posted by: matthewp
yes you have to give credit to sato for having a go as a lot of drivers do seem content to just sit behind the car infront without even faking moves to try and provoke an error, cant think how you could say satos move was good though he just drove straight into rubens you could see it coming as soon as he started the move.

Date: June 02, 2004 04:18AM
Posted by: Fraplee
chet said "Shumi would never make them"

Chet I suggest that you start at 1991 and rewatch every race before you say that to present - Schumi has made plenty of moves in his time.

FraPP!!!!!!!!!!
Date: June 02, 2004 04:18AM
chet said "Shumi would never make them"

Chet I suggest that you start at 1991 and rewatch every race before you say that to present - Schumi has made plenty of moves in his time.

FraPP!!!!!!!!!!
Date: June 02, 2004 04:19AM
Sorry for the double post
Date: June 02, 2004 04:26AM
Posted by: lord_ah
if you think about it, it works in his favour cause now other drivers know he will try stuff others wouldn't think about
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy