Posted by: JPM
What it says up there ^^. Ill let you guys do all the spoiling

JPM

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

"Nobody has ever completed the perfect lap" -Juan Manuel Fangio
Re: *SPOILER* INDY 500 on now...
Date: May 30, 2004 07:05PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

rain delay far as i can tell, far as i know its live, but i dunno or care, it is the IRL, plus i havent cared for the Indy 500 since 2002 when they deleberatly gave the win to castroneves when tracy won it.

Date: May 30, 2004 07:18PM
Posted by: Hova
I never heard of that, what happened in 2002?

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Date: May 30, 2004 07:50PM
Posted by: Pooky
come on wheldon
Date: May 30, 2004 08:43PM
Posted by: bestobritish
look at this site for the live timings. COME ON DAN!!

[tagheuer.racinglive.org]
Date: May 30, 2004 09:04PM
Posted by: LS.
pah bunch of girls, stopping because of a little bit or rain :p

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 30, 2004 09:14PM
Posted by: andrew_S
i tried, got bored after 5 laps of racing gave up in the end, not cause its IRL, just plane oval racing, it was raining so they delayed the start 2 hours, then 10 laps in some guy smashed the wall and there was about half an hour under a saftey car eventhough his car was way out the way, then they red flagged it, cause it started spitting with rain

waste if time

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 30, 2004 10:19PM
Posted by: The Lopper
>YAWN. What else is on?
>YAWN. Formula 1.

Sigh.
Date: May 31, 2004 01:22AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Buddy Rice has won, according to BBC Sport. More news to follow, apparently

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 31, 2004 01:23AM
dunno how, it was called off till tomorrow..

Date: May 31, 2004 01:24AM
Thats what I thought :S

RedSam

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 31, 2004 01:30AM
This is from [scoring.indyracing.com]

White flag is one lap left, right? If so, then I guess these are the final, race shortened results:

Commentary - Lap 179 - Yellow and white flags are waved.
1 Buddy Rice (15)
2 Tony Kanaan (11)
3 Dan Wheldon (26)
4 Bryan Herta (7)
5 Bruno Junqueira (36)
6 Vitor Meira (17)
7 Adrian Fernandez (5)
8 Scott Dixon (1)
9 Helio Castroneves (3)
10 Roger Yasukawa (16)
11 Kosuke Matsuura (55)
12 Alex Barron (51)
13 Scott Sharp (8)
14 Dario Franchitti (27)
15 Felipe Giaffone (24)
16 Jeff Simmons (21)
18 Tomas Scheckter (4)
19 Tora Takagi (12)
20 Richie Hearn (33)
21 Sarah Fisher (39)
22 Robby McGehee (18)
23 Buddy Lazier (91)
24 Marty Roth (25)
25 Darren Manning (10)
26 Sam Hornish Jr.
27 Greg Ray (13)
28 PJ Jones (98)
29 Jaques Lazier (70)
30 Mark Taylor (2)
31 Ed Carpenter (52)
32 Larry Foyt (41)
33 A.J. Foyt IV (14)

From [wcco.com]

Buddy Rice wins Indy 500 in the rain
Sunday May 30, 2004
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) Buddy Rice grabbed the lead after a flurry of early crashes and late pit stops and won a rain-shortened Indianapolis 500 on Sunday.

Bruno Junqueira took the lead after a crash by rookie Marty Roth, but Junqueira had to come in for fuel, starting the final scramble for the lead. When Rice came in, Bryan Herta took the lead, then when Herta pitted, Adrian Fernandez went in front.

Fernandez then made his final pit stop and Rice regained the lead with 30 laps remaining. The rain then forced a yellow after 173 laps, and the race was stopped after 180 laps, giving Rice the victory.

RedSam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2004 01:32AM by Red Sam.
Date: May 31, 2004 02:32AM
Posted by: tux
was a great race :)

it was stopped because of the rain. was a great end to a great race :)

some brave overtaking moves as well :)

Date: May 31, 2004 06:07AM

its amazing that 6 of the top 10 have experience from CART.

Date: May 31, 2004 11:07AM
Posted by: jawwad01
I watched Indy500 for the first time :D..... i didnt know much about it :d Because i started following motorsports few years back only and am now a pure fan :D.

i would like to ask ........whats so special about Indy500?...history or track itself?.

i also know Montoya is regarded a high class driver because he won that Indy500.

well Dont the driver require huge amount of luck to win that race? :D.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2004 11:08AM by jawwad01.
Date: May 31, 2004 11:44AM
yeah they restarted it 2 hours later, from when they first stopped it, lol!

Date: May 31, 2004 05:55PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I never heard of that, what happened in 2002?

On the last lap Castronevis began to run out of fuel with 3 laps to go. Paul Tracy fle past and into the lead. Seconds later yellow flags were out for an accident. Live timing said Paul Tracy was now the leader of the race, and would win as it would finish under yellow. IRL over through the timing decsion and said Tracy passed Castronevis after the yellow flag was out, and put him down to 2nd and gave Castronevis the win. Interstingly, Tony George (IRL owner and general a s s h o l e of the highest level) has always said he would prefer IRL drivers to win and not CART (its a bit embarressing for a CART driver to beat Tonys crew at his own game). Castronevis is an IRL driver, and Tracy is a CART driver who has refused to drive IRL cars

Timing said Tracy was winning, visually, he was out before the yellow was flown, so really, Tracy is the true 2002 Indy 500 winner, just IRL gave it so Castronevis
Date: June 01, 2004 06:00AM
PLus tony George is the one who created the rift betwwen CART and IRL, they used to be 1 series (INDYCAR), and then Tony wanted full control over the INDYCAR series, but couldnt have it, so in 1996 (i think it was) he decided to make the IRL. CART being the more popular one, had a few good seasons until the end of 2002 , then a few of the top teams decided to goto irl, wich kinda killed the cart series, but there proding along, and i think will become the number 1 series in the USA again (thats in term of drivers racing and mone etc- crowd wise CART RULES most americans i talked to think IRL is a joke.)

this is the history as Far as I understand it, i could be wrong though.

Date: June 01, 2004 10:12AM
Posted by: markko
I didnt realise there were 2 series. I got all confused, but now I understand the system. Kinda stupid.
Date: June 01, 2004 10:46AM
markko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I didnt realise there were 2 series. I got all
> confused, but now I understand the system. Kinda
> stupid.
>
>
yeah 2 series :\ well its all tony george's fault he has ruined open wheel racing in america.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy