The end of THAT rumour

Posted by MercuryGP 
The end of THAT rumour
Date: May 30, 2004 12:41PM
Posted by: MercuryGP
Hakkinen 'not coming back'
McLaren put an end to wild rumour

Hakkinen not coming back...

F1's former Flying Finn is not coming back.

Two senior McLaren players vigorously denied a rumour that former team world champion Mika Hakkinen might return to Formula One with rivals Williams in 2005.

Principal and friend Ron Dennis said "I don't know" if there have been talks.

"[But] he hasn't said anything to me," the Englishman told reporters.

Mercedes' boss Norbert Haug agrees that if the twice McLaren champion of 1998 and 1999 was considering a return, "we would be the first people" he'd tell.

Former team-mate David Coulthard said there's "no way" Mika's coming back.

Thats a shame ;) *study sarcasm*

AMD Athlon 64 3200 - Asus K8VSE Deluxe Motherboard - Antec TruePower 550W PSU - Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu Ultra-Quiet CPU Cooler - GeIL 1GB PC3200 Golden Dragon CAS2 - Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI - Western Digital Caviar 120GB Special Edition 8MB Cache Serial ATA - Samsung SC-152AEBB 52x CD-ROM - NEC ND2500A 8x DVD±R/±RW - OcUK Floppy Drive - Windows XP Pro - Chenbro Gaming Bomb with Side Window - Samsung Samtron 76E 17" CRT Monitor
Re: The end of THAT rumour
Date: May 30, 2004 01:04PM
Posted by: JPM
Mika will never come back. The reason he quit F1 was because he thought it was too dangerous. After he died and was revived in Adelaide, he came back and was fine, but after his crash in Melbourne in 2001, he cracked his helmet and he feared for his life (somewhat heightened by his prior crash). That was also the reason why he was so off the pace in 2001 compared to the others. I think it is a real shame. While I didn't like him at the time (I was the biggest ferrari fanboy), now F1 is lesser than it was without him. 1998 and 1999 were so close and TBH the best racing I have seen since I started watching it in 1996.

JPM

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

"Nobody has ever completed the perfect lap" -Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: May 30, 2004 01:45PM
Posted by: Pooky
not really because it was dangerous

he knew that since day 1

just that he had his son Hugo Hakkinen, and after that crash in melbourne he obviously thought about what would happen if he did die and his son had no father and his wife no husband

thats mainly why he reitired. he had his son to think about - his family
Date: May 30, 2004 01:54PM
Posted by: JonVic
ooh big surprise! it was obvious it would never happen:)

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Date: May 30, 2004 06:23PM
Posted by: Alex13
hey, thats why they call it sily season, coz there are so many sily fans that believe whatever thet read :P

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: May 30, 2004 10:14PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Also he is getting older and fatter. He looked a tad podgy in the F1 Racing Season Preview earlier on this year....
Date: May 30, 2004 10:20PM
Posted by: RonF1
Im not surprised. Hes got nothing to prove and if he did come back he wouldnt be as quick as he used to be.
Date: May 31, 2004 09:33AM
Posted by: Palomino
i still wish he would come back, i admire him, when he used to race in 98 and 99 i liked looking at his wife as well..

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Date: May 31, 2004 06:18PM
Posted by: markko
Argh well, could have been good with Mika.
Date: May 31, 2004 07:24PM
Posted by: villej
"Also he is getting older and fatter."

No he doesn't. He has been training very hard last few months and is in very good shape now. I think that that was actually one of the reasons why the rumour of his comeback born.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: May 31, 2004 07:31PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Older and Fatter? He just one a Porsche SuperCup race with ease after not racing a car for over 2 years on tarmac.

Pretty good to me
Date: May 31, 2004 07:38PM
Did he really?
Date: May 31, 2004 07:45PM
Mika participated the Skandinavian Porsche cup race at the Ahvenisto circuit on Saturday
Date: May 31, 2004 07:48PM
Oh...ok! Go Mika :P
Date: May 31, 2004 07:54PM
He qualified 3rd, led at turn 1 and then drove off into the distance. Not bad for not having raced for 2 years
Date: May 31, 2004 08:58PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Respect! :)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: May 31, 2004 11:02PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
i liked looking at his wife as well..

Gotta be kidding me? She's a hound!

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: May 31, 2004 11:29PM
Posted by: Vader
So Dennis and Haug said Mika does not come back? Are we talking about the same Dennis and Haug that also said in 2003 there were no talks with JPM? The same Dennis and Haug that also said in 2003 they were planing 2005 with DC? The same Dennis and Haug that said firing Werner Laurentz was no option? When they say Mika won't come back, I am almost assured he actually will.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy