Webber *QUAL SPOILER*

Posted by Korn_Freak 
Webber *QUAL SPOILER*
Date: May 29, 2004 12:40PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

Mark Webber faces a tough afternoon in his Jaguar R5, as he has been given a time penalty of one second that will be added to his best qualifying lap this afternoon at the Nurburgring.

The Jaguar driver set his fastest time in practice on Friday when Felipe Massa had brought out the waved yellow flags after stopping his Sauber out on track in the second session.

In a statement the sport's governing body the FIA stated that Webber had claimed the section of yellow flags was too small to be of significance over the long sector but he was still deemed to have breached the sporting code.

that was stupid of him if u ask me!

also i had a chuckle at this

Italian Giancarlo Fisichella, of Sauber, and Minardi pair Zsolt Baumgartner and Gianmaria Bruni will all drop 10 places on the grid from their qualifying position after changing their engines on Friday.

where they gonna start from now? the back of the field? lol

Re: Webber *QUAL SPOILER*
Date: May 29, 2004 12:49PM
Posted by: LS.
................the carpark :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 29, 2004 01:13PM
Posted by: anze89
Date: May 29, 2004 01:13PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Oh GOD FECKING DAMMIT!

I may as well just give up

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: May 29, 2004 02:20PM
Posted by: Palomino
Dont worry Ian, only 11 more grand prix till he is at williams! goooooooo webber!

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Date: May 29, 2004 04:09PM
Posted by: chrislewis
Looks like it had absolutely no effect since he still would have started behind da matta.

Edit- My mistake. Thought the penalty was already added.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2004 04:19PM by chrislewis.
Date: May 29, 2004 04:13PM
Posted by: Ellis
Not harsh at all, exactly the opposite. JV was given a one race suspended ban and had his points for Suzuka removed in 1997 after he ignored yellow flags. Webber gets 1 sec on his qually? Woopie :-\

Hes lucky to get away with just that IMO. You dont run through yellow flags at full speed. Everyone knows that, why do F1 drivers insist on doing it every so often?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 29, 2004 04:23PM
Posted by: chrislewis
Not harsh at all, exactly the opposite. JV was given a one race suspended ban and had his points for Suzuka removed in 1997 after he ignored yellow flags. Webber gets 1 sec on his qually? Woopie :-\

Do you believe JV's penalty was harsh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2004 04:23PM by chrislewis.
Date: May 29, 2004 05:41PM
For running through a yellow flag zone at full racing speed? No, i dont. And Alonso proved last year why that isnt harsh. There is no excuse for running through yellow flags like that, and endagering the lives of marshalls who are there to enable the drivers to go racing in the first place

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 29, 2004 05:48PM
Posted by: The Lopper
He he, Webber tried to bribe the stewards with $5000, shoulda offered 'em $10000 instead :)
Date: May 29, 2004 07:19PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Well, to be fair JV did do it 3 seperate times that year.....

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 29, 2004 08:00PM
In qualifying in Japan it was his second offense, the first being following the safety car too closely, i think, in silverstone. He had no other marks on his record at that point. I think the penelty he got was fair, because under no circumstances should you be running through yellows at racing speed

Mark has nothing to moan about. He broke the rules, and one thats there for saftey, and nothing else, and he got off lightly

Date: May 30, 2004 08:35AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

Webber got off easy

Date: May 30, 2004 10:53AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
1 second penalty is probably the most intelligant forms of punishment they've thought of in ages. :|

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy