New Qualifying for Silverstone

Posted by Ellis 
Re: New Qualifying for Silverstone
Date: May 29, 2004 03:32PM
Posted by: andrew_S
was good until i read the aggragate times, really defeats the point, and makes it 10x more complex

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 29, 2004 04:10PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
I've just realised, if they can refuel and change tyres between qualy and race that takes away the whole mixed-up grid element doesn't it?

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: May 29, 2004 04:10PM
Posted by: Ellis
Sounds brilliant to me.

Dont need to do any maths, cos the TV screens will do it for us, and in his usuall way, Allen will spend the first 45minutes of air time explaining it, just like he does with tyres

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 29, 2004 04:26PM
Posted by: b-tone
20 cars in 20 minutes sounds pretty good, but the aggregate times sounds bad - 2 good safe laps are better than 2 great laps hi risk ones
but there'll be traffic troubles and a fair bit of finger wagging i guess

____
Tony

Date: May 29, 2004 04:43PM
Posted by: Big_F1_Fan
both of the 20 minute sessions shud b pretty frantic stuff. some drivers will get a clean lap in with no traffic but maybe make a mistake somewhere in it, whereas some drivers will have a perfect lap but get stuck in traffic in the middle of it. n that could jumble up the grid. dunno if thats how itll turn out tho

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 29, 2004 05:13PM
Posted by: NickKK
FINALLY :D F1 is going slightly up!!! I'm so pleased !

Date: May 29, 2004 05:53PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Quali will never be fixed until they put it back to the old way. However this is a step in the right direction. I cannot understand the point of a 20 min break however. No doubt RT
Date: May 29, 2004 07:40PM
Posted by: Orpheus
well tbh the strategies for most teams are the exact same these days even with 1 lap qually so i dont think it will affect the races, but it will make qually more exciting.

one thing tho, traffic is gonna be a major problem :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 29, 2004 10:45PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
thank ****. The 20 min break doesn't bother me, gives the commentators some time to analyse stuff from the first session and put an ad break or 2 in, so hopefully the quali will be uninterrupted.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: May 31, 2004 09:07PM
Posted by: Locke Cole
Boring BORING B-O-R-I-N-G!!

For me, seeing the top F1 cars around every second of a Qualifying lap is far, far better than having loads of cars on track at once, getting in each others' way and vastly reducing the chance of seeing a full lap.

Keep the number of cars on-track at a time down, but just give them more runs! A Friday session and a Saturday session - they should get 6 laps on each day and the best overall time counting towards the grid, like pre-1996 but with much better coverage thanks to ITV.
Date: May 31, 2004 10:14PM
Posted by: markko
I like the new ideas, lets see how it develops.
Date: May 31, 2004 11:59PM
Posted by: sasjag
i like the idea, and i reckon the factors such as traffic will still lead to some mixed up grids

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 01, 2004 12:27AM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Not like the grids/results would have been much, if not any different this year with the quali regs that are coming in.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 01, 2004 12:08PM
Posted by: Abstraction
bah, this will suck if ferrari dominates as usual...

Andrew. Australia.
Date: June 01, 2004 02:09PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
yeah finally we see people having to use their overtaking skills on hotlaps too, and rain and stuff will be nice to see

hmmm, its gonna have to be better , no one can argue that this years one is complete shite

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2004 04:48PM by ChrisB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy