Come on and have a little laugh :)

Posted by NickKK 
Re: Come on and have a little laugh :)
Date: May 29, 2004 04:08PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Im not even gonna argue

Why not? Like andrew_S said, you're aren't giving any reasons for your arguments.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: May 29, 2004 04:12PM
Posted by: Covfan
Lanky-Lad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im not even gonna argue
>
> Why not? Like andrew_S said, you're aren't giving
> any reasons for your arguments.
>
>
>
> "Treat others with respect and you too will be
> respected." This week, Lanky disapproves
> of.....Dennis Wise.

He probably hails from the Ferrari Fanboy forums, you don't really need to argue with that, because you have 500 idiots thinking the same thing.

"Montoya Sucks"

"Yes, he does!"

"I totally Agree"

and so on.
Date: May 29, 2004 04:19PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
I hate it when people think that they're absolutely right and that they know the absolute truth. People like that can't except other points of view. I had a discussion with Vader once about Patriotism if I remember correctly, I had the complete opposite view to him but after reading what he had to say I realised that his points were indeed very valid - and now I think the same as him. I feel it's a pity that there are certain people in this forum who post regulary who are like that.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: May 29, 2004 04:42PM
Posted by: chrislewis
anyone who knows anything about the wider world of racing, will tell you how good taku is, ive said it all along, (Even before and during his jordan time) sato is a top driver

Yeah, hes good in F3 or whatever hes done before but hes proved how @#$%& he is in F1. Look at his first year and now look how good he is compared to Button. Its like Webber and Pizzonia or even Yoong. If he cant come close to Button than in no way does it prove hes good enough for F1.

Maybe anybody who knows anything in the wider world of motor racing will tell you hes would be better suited to F3.

Date: May 29, 2004 05:09PM
Posted by: NickKK
Sorry to budge in, but Sato did overqualify Button today as far as I know (didn't bother watching) and has been doing very wel lately..

Date: May 29, 2004 05:13PM
Posted by: andrew_S
Yeah, hes good in F3 or whatever hes done before but hes proved how @#$%& he is in F1

he had an erratic first year, but how does that qualify for him now being bullshit, a hard first year, doesnt mean a driver wont become good/succesfull, really, it doesnt mean much, you judge a driver over a much longer period of time

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 29, 2004 10:43PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
He is also very fast he could be the greatest British driver ever i think if he keeps his feet on the ground

Hohoho, good one Jonvic!! :P

Sato is far from a @#$%& driver, he's been keeping Button pretty honest for most of the season and is even matching him at times now. He was mighty in F3, not just in the national races either.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: May 29, 2004 11:34PM
Posted by: JonVic
I do rate Button not just because he is a brit but because i genuinely think he is an exceptionally smooth driver for his relative experience in f1. I do not think he would ever top mansell for sheer guts when driving but i do believe he could be the best however at the moment i am not sure. Okay so Sato has kept him honest most of this year but so what?
It sounds like if Sato can be not far behind that makes you not special, Sato in my opinion is going to be very good and certainly better than flaming Raikkonen who is worshipped by many on these forums to my amazement i think many are in for a shock i dont think Raikkonen will deliver at all.
Anyway i do not think Button is getting arrogant but he may and it is interesting that as soon as he is quoted about his driving (which after all is the reason for this thread) he has a crap qualifying and not even due to an obvious mistake....more than coincidence....i think maybe...

@Lanky-Lad: You agreed with Vader on nationalities....hmmmm......silly if you ask me he thinks all national identities should not exist...very strange!!

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Date: May 29, 2004 11:41PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
He is also very fast he could be the greatest British driver ever i think if he keeps his feet on the ground

Jim Clark? Jackie Stewart? Nigel Mansell?

At the moment hes the best, but then again, the only competition he has is mr Sunday drive David Coulthard, so that isnt hard, but whilst hes fast i dont see anything "special" in him that great drivers have
Date: May 29, 2004 11:56PM
Posted by: Vader
Räikkönen never delivered? He only missed the title by one point last year. That's better then Buton will do.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2004 11:59PM by Vader.
Date: May 30, 2004 12:50AM
Posted by: Big_F1_Fan
2 points actually :p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 30, 2004 12:58AM
Whatever - enough to say he really delivered. :p

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 30, 2004 01:30AM
he was consistent and okay was there at the end but so was Irvine a few years ago and he was nothing special was he. Im not saying Raikkonen is crap but he will never be as good as a lot here build him up to be....

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

Date: May 30, 2004 02:08AM
I have seen a lot of drivers come and go since the mid/late 70s. IMO Räikkönen is one of the greatest talents since I started to follow F1. Like Mika he has a lot of raw speed and he is almost resistant if it comes to mindgames. Kimi is a future champ, mark my words. Button will be champ, too as well as Alonso, but there is no way they are better then Kimi. The Finn has shown his poitential in 2003 - it's Button and Alonso who still have to deliver.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2004 02:51AM by Vader.
Date: May 30, 2004 04:08AM
sorry Vader i dont agree. Last year Raikkonen in the last 3 races:

Monza: He was nowhere came in 4th 12 seconds down after Montoya was right with Schumacher the whole race challenging for championship

USA: Came in second 18 seconds behind due to circumstance ie. Montoya having a bad race and many others dropping out Raikkonen on pace was way behind

Japan: Could not even remotely challenge Schumacher for title on pace and came in 11 seconds behind

additionally before the last 3 races he was also considered an outsider for the title due to the fact he was only just in contention with the points he had.

That year was nothing special as far as his performance goes, apart from that what has he done? NOTHING, he has proved very little based upon his own merits.

Alonso is another driver who i think is over hyped. What really has Alonso proved? not much really and he is being shown the way by Trulli at present. Alonso won in Hungary last year but he has not blown people away apart from that, however i do think he is good and better than Raikkonen.
It annoys me the hype over drivers and the way they are built up through peoples immagination half the time (mainly the fault of the press, they do it with Button too)

Lastly i cant believe you say that Raikkonen is one of the best drivers you have seen since you watched f1 in the mid/late 70's i find that with the greatest respect a ludicrous statement, are you saying you put him with the likes of Senna, Prost, Piquet, Mansell, Schumacher? i find that amazing if you do, but you are entitled to your opinion of course.

Well thats my two penneth no doubt you will disagree:)

Date: May 30, 2004 09:40AM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Your critique of his performances seems ignorant of the fact he wasn't driving a car that was bang on the pace of the pace setters.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: May 30, 2004 01:56PM
well you said he was one of the greatest talents you have seen so if that is true then that shouldnt have mattered as the other drivers i have listed have done far more with an uncompetative car than Raikkonen has, your logic doesnt follow im afraid....

Date: May 30, 2004 03:55PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
The car was the worst of the 3 title ones, definatly. And yet, Kimi was the best Michelin runner, and took the fight right to a 2 point gap whilst in a worse car.

Seems pretty good to me
Date: May 30, 2004 07:28PM
may have been the worst car but it was not that inferior compared to the Williams and by what Vader is saying Kimi is one of the most talented drivers since the 70's so i am sure he would be able to do better than he did wih that car in that case eh?

Date: May 31, 2004 01:05AM
JonVic Wrote:

> Lastly i cant believe you say that Raikkonen is
> one of the best drivers you have seen since you
> watched f1 in the mid/late 70's i find that with
> the greatest respect a ludicrous statement, are
> you saying you put him with the likes of Senna,
> Prost, Piquet, Mansell, Schumacher? i find that
> amazing if you do, but you are entitled to your
> opinion of course.
>

I don't know if you saw Senna, Prost, Piquet, Mansell or Schumacher in their first days? They did not start at the top. I remember a lot people saying back then "Well, this Senna is a fast driver, but with his aggressive and emotional style he'll get nowhere". Anyway, it's useless to compare drivers who already have finished their career (or are about to end it within a few years) with someone who has just started. Maybe we should talk again in 10 years, when Kimi has retired as an 8 times world champion. ;)

I agree with you on Alonso, though. He is overrated. Trulli will blow him away this season.

JonVic Wrote:
> he was consistent and okay was there at the end
> but so was Irvine a few years ago and he was
> nothing special was he.
>

I bet we can say the same about JB at the end of this season.

Kimi did drive in car that was basically one year old and still almost did beat mighty MS in his brand new toy. The McLaren was way inferior to the Williams and to the Ferrari anyway. This can be seen from the examples you gave yourself. On tracks were engine/car performance is more important then the raw speed of the driver Kimi was nowhere, as you showed (Monza). Even Kimi can not walk on water, so it is obvious that you cannot win races in an old inferior car if the performance of the car is almost all that matters.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy